Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:42:05 AM EDT
Atlantic has Century (I know) Uzi rifles with 2 mags for $599. Been thinking of getting one as a range toy.
Anyone have experiences with the Century ones.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
My first one was garbage.  Atlantic sent me another one... Also garbage but not as much garbage.  I'm hoping the few FTF/FTE I got was just that the gun is new.  I wanted one to replace the IMI I sold a few years back.  It doesn't! They are cheap and that's why I jumped on.  Hopefully the kinks will work out because I love me a good Uzi.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have researched the Century Uzis thoroughly, and they are what I would call a 50/50 gun.  Half of them are great, the other half are not.  I had an opportunity to buy one, and have access to gunsmiths who would fix it for free if it didn't work, and I still turned it down.  I like things that work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.

CAI actually uses decent receivers and barrel trunnions and everything else can be fixed.

A common problem is inadequate clearance between the top cover and the bolt.  You want between .005 and.015" clearance with it cocked - and you can use feeler gauges through the ejection port to determine that.  New covers are into expensive and if you have a drill press and a few wooden blocks you can straighten one that hasn't got enough clearance.

Most Uzis seem to like fairly warm ammo.   Mine will run 100% with a max load with 147 gr or 124 grain ammo, but it will start to get some sporadic failures to feed with anything developing less recoil than a near max load with a 125 gr bullet. For example with 5.9 grains of HS-6 under a 124 gr FMJ it's near 100% relabel, but at 5.6 grains it will have a failure every 4-5 rounds.

Uzis also like to be run wet, a concept that some of the current crop of polymer framed pistol shooters seem to have trouble grasping.  

Mine is also capable of 4"-5 groups at 100 yards with decent ammo and a quality red dot sight.  A firmly mounted wood stock helps accuracy but the major factor if you're mounting a dot sight, is a snug fitting cover and you may need to use a hammer and brass punch to bend the rear tab on the cover and/or the sides one way or the other to remove any play in the fit of the cover to get maximum accuracy.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks DakotaFAL
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine.

CAI actually uses decent receivers and barrel trunnions and everything else can be fixed.

A common problem is inadequate clearance between the top cover and the bolt.  You want between .005 and.015" clearance with it cocked - and you can use feeler gauges through the ejection port to determine that.  New covers are into expensive and if you have a drill press and a few wooden blocks you can straighten one that hasn't got enough clearance.

Most Uzis seem to like fairly warm ammo.   Mine will run 100% with a max load with 147 gr or 124 grain ammo, but it will start to get some sporadic failures to feed with anything developing less recoil than a near max load with a 125 gr bullet. For example with 5.9 grains of HS-6 under a 124 gr FMJ it's near 100% relabel, but at 5.6 grains it will have a failure every 4-5 rounds.

Uzis also like to be run wet, a concept that some of the current crop of polymer framed pistol shooters seem to have trouble grasping.  

Mine is also capable of 4"-5 groups at 100 yards with decent ammo and a quality red dot sight.  A firmly mounted wood stock helps accuracy but the major factor if you're mounting a dot sight, is a snug fitting cover and you may need to use a hammer and brass punch to bend the rear tab on the cover and/or the sides one way or the other to remove any play in the fit of the cover to get maximum accuracy.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/60C385EB-FECC-4ED7-9A08-FB39CC8AE80D_zpsqznlwbpz.jpg
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/4CA8862F-0A55-42A2-9F2E-61CE2BFFA1CF_zpsymfw4wiy.jpg

View Quote

It's so sexy, I wish that sbr wasn't a issue those look so off with that long barrel I want one but only if I sbr it  maybe at minimum a blade brace on one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top