Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2016 12:26:50 PM EDT
It has been a while since I put together my last AR15/9 upper. I am going with the Colt system as I already have an AR15 lower ready to go. I plan on using a Hahn top-insert block, no LRBHO. Last time I used an RRA barrel and CMMG ramped bolt. I am sure there are more options nowadays... what do you guys recommend? Looking for quality without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
CMMG is still the best bolt and their barrels are good. Micromoa.com are good too and have 1/2x28 threads instead of the normal 1/2x36.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a CMMG ramped bolt and love it, no issues at all. They also make good barrels but I went with ADCO because it's a 5" SBR.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a Spinta bolt (was $129) and joe bob barrel (was $109). About 450 rounds down range and both have been flawless.  I used a promag block, but now I am sold on the AR 9 so my dedicated lower should be at lgs today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Cmmg bolt gtg..running a kvp barrel form jbo, it is accurate but my particular tube is a little finicky at times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top