Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 1:50:27 PM EDT
I mainly buy steel cased 9mm but hows the Scorpion do with it? I'm also interested in performance with self defense ammo as I'll likely keep it next to my bed for protection.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for info on self defense hollow points
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I load lots of magtech 115 grain hollow points and they shoot ok accuracy is not match grade but 25 yards I'm averageing 5 to 6 inches it opens up at 50 yards. At 50 yards I get into 10 inch spread with wolf and my cheapo magtech hollow points but that's with light bullets. If I switch to 124 grain bullets  or heavier they stabilize and really tighten groups up. I get that into 5.75 inches or less even out to 75 yards standing with a blade brace not even shouldered imagine if I actually sbr this baby and can shoulder fire it. For how cheap wpa n such steel case is becoming Ill gladly take the spread for trigger time and mag dumps it feels like the good old ak days except not because there is no sapson 1000 cases of ammo for 32 bucks at fun shows. lol This is just my 5 shot averages over 10 5 shot groups I didn't video tape it if you don't believe then try yourself you will see CZ did good on these bad boys. I think tailoring and reloading your ammo will help really dial these in if I would actually shoot from a bench I think these could be even tighter groups I have yet to do that as I'm familiarizing myself to the gun. Try a 50 round box of what you can afford or get and see how it does best way to find your pet round or load. Eeventaully I'll be ordering some heavy hollow points to test but that's a ways off right now need to shoot through my piles onhand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot 124gr +p Speer gold dots, 124 +p golden sabers, 147gr winchester jhp, and 115gr PMC jhp. No issues at all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran 500 147gr Hornady Critical Defense (Custom technically) through mine before I made it my bedside gun. Ate them all up no problem.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot cheap Wolf through it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Curious if anyone has shot 147gr HST's in their Scorpion.

Want to know if they stay subsonic and obviously if they feed/function reliably.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot it in mine, and it was fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've shot it in mine, and it was fine.
View Quote

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top