Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/18/2016 12:09:27 PM EDT
I just purchased a drill bit from HB Industries for drilling out the weld on the CZ Scorpion "world legal" model. When I receive this, I will drill my trigger pack weld out, and then mail the bit out at my expense to another forum member. All I ask, is that you use it in a timely manner (no; oh I've been busy, I'll get around to it), and then mail it out at your expense to another forum member. This will help those of us wanting to change out trigger parts without waiting for the trigger pack swap. Please post up in this thread "I could use this #1 , #2 and so forth), and we'll get this sent on down the line.

Here's a link to the bit ill be using and sending out to whoever post the "I could use this #1".

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/carbide-drill-for-scorpion-trigger-pack/

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I could use this #1.

As a prelim. I'm getting my Scorpion tomorrow afternoon and assume it has a welded pack. If not, i'll edit my post to remove myself from the list. Great idea, OP.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could use this #1.

As a prelim. I'm getting my Scorpion tomorrow afternoon and assume it has a welded pack. If not, i'll edit my post to remove myself from the list. Great idea, OP.
View Quote

Sounds good! It will have the welded trigger pack. I should be getting the bit tomorrow and am going to drill out my weld and will then get it out in the mail immediately to you. Please IM me your mailing address.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
When did CZ start shipping the "world models."

Do we have a serial number range?

Did they start with the 2016 model (I have a 2015)?

"I could (possibly) use this #3" but I'm deployed and won't need it (if I need it) util August.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I removed mine several weeks ago at the office I have all the right tools doing what I do.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Please just post the instructions and bit size.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please just post the instructions and bit size.
View Quote

I haven't done it yet, but there isn't much to it.  Take out the trigger pack.  Drill through the weld on top of the screw & collar.  I'd put duck tape on the sides of the drill bit to prevent accidentally scratching the hammer which is in close proximity.  Once you are through, you can remove the screw and discard the collar (it is only there so the screw can be welded to it).  Either clean up the screw, or replace with a new one from CZ ($4 on there website) or the local hardware store.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I could use this # 2 or 3. Can't quite till how the list is being counted. Thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I could use this #1.

View Quote

I got the drill bit from HB Industries today and drilled out my trigger pack welded screw. Super easy and took 5 min. or less. IM sent for your mailing address.

Time ro install reduced pull trigger spring!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in. #3?

I could dremmel easily enough but why the heck not. Let's see if the bit will do thousands!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in #4
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I could use this # 2 or 3. Can't quite till how the list is being counted. Thanks for doing this.
View Quote

Shipping address received. Will ship ou tomorrow!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in. #3?

I could dremmel easily enough but why the heck not. Let's see if the bit will do thousands!
View Quote

Sending it your way tomorrow. Btw thanks again skipper469 for your generosity.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in. #3?

No problem. Glad to help!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a friend bring his CZ Evo in this weekend and I was unaware of the welded screw...and neither was he.  After a very frustrating night I finally decided to stop before I lost my mind.  I have the proper bit...how far down do you drill to remove the weld from the screw/collar combination?  Also, since I have a mill, could I just mill the screw/collar combination down to almost the floor of the trigger pack and then simply toss the collar and replace the screw?

Thanks!

The Olde Tom who is pulling his hair out
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in. #3?

Received and drilled. Holy balls was that easy. Pming wipeout for next stop.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in. #3?

Sweet! Yeah, super easy, and I love the HB Industries reduced trigger spring. Now if they would just get their flat triggers and extended charging handles back in stock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in #5
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a friend bring his CZ Evo in this weekend and I was unaware of the welded screw...and neither was he.  After a very frustrating night I finally decided to stop before I lost my mind.  I have the proper bit...how far down do you drill to remove the weld from the screw/collar combination?  Also, since I have a mill, could I just mill the screw/collar combination down to almost the floor of the trigger pack and then simply toss the collar and replace the screw?

Thanks!

The Olde Tom who is pulling his hair out
View Quote

Yes you toss the screw and collar after you remove it.  My old screw would not work  again but the HB drill kit came with a screw to replace the old one that was drilled.  I had to drill mine about 1/8" or more to break the collar.  You can tell you are close when you start seeing cracks in the collar and screw hole as you drill.  Push the screw out from the drilled side and it will pop out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I would appreciate this.
Thank you for doing this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
#7 in.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#21]
#8  I was waiting till my gun showed up from PSA.  Now that I have it in hand would love to fix this little modification!
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
#9 ! Jazzed to get it done (correctly)
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I was debating drilling the collar vs waiting for the trigger pack exchange from CZ, when I read on another forum where someone just unscrewed his with a little pressure and the weld broke free. The weld on mine looked pretty weak compared to pics of others I'd seen online. I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happens. The screw and collar made about 2 rotations until the collar bottomed out on the trigger cage. I gave it a little more umph with just one thumb worth of pressure and the screw started turning again and the collar popped off. I guess some aren't welded as well as others. Just figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone wanted to give it a try and hadn't checked yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn, I just bought a CZ this week online. I bet it has this issue too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Shipped. Tracking info provided to Wipeout.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Got it last night Two minutes with a drill and no more spot weld. Super easy to use.

Thanks for sharing!

IM sent to rclimber98
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#27]
#10, I need this thing too for my new Scorpion!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone tried a regular drill bit?  What size do you guys think I should use?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried a regular drill bit?  What size do you guys think I should use?
View Quote

Yes. Just be patient to get this bit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
In for #11
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
2nd IM sent to rclimber98. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow night, I'll get in touch with the next person in line.

package off to rclimber98

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Bit arrived today - thanks!  It took almost 8 seconds to remove the weld.  PM sent to next shipper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
This is just awesome guys! Way to keep it going!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
In for #12. Just got Scorpion #2
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#35]
In for #13
Cant wait to get my stamp. This is one fun gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#36]
In for #14.  Thank you!
Grew too impatient.  Wanted to get the HBI springs in and polish some of the contact points up.  If not in a big hurry, I would recommend waiting on the bit.

Thank you for offering the bit to other users!  That is awesome!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Shipped to HALFNATTYGAINZ today.  Thanks Skipper469!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shipped to HALFNATTYGAINZ today.  Thanks Skipper469!
View Quote

My pleasure! Thank you and everyone for paying the bit forward!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#39]
#15 please and thank you.
So this is totally in lieu of the trigger pack swap from CZ right?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
#15 please and thank you.
So this is totally in lieu of the trigger pack swap from CZ right?
View Quote

That's correct. No need to wait on a trigger pack swap after this, as they'd only be swapping out your trigger pack with welded screw for a trigger pack without a welded screw. It's super EASY and FAST to remedy with the drill bit! I'm loving my Scorpion with the HBI reduced weight trigger spring and Theta trigger.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Guessing you need a new screw for the trigger pack after the drill job?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guessing you need a new screw for the trigger pack after the drill job?
View Quote

Nope. You can can keep and use your screw. Your just drilling away the weld from inside the trigger pack on the retaining nut, which will allow you to unscrew the screw.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#43]
#16 - Pay it forward -

Just found out today about the welded mess.   Does anyone know what other changes (besides the welded screw and collar) were made in the World models ?

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Guess I'd like to take a stab at this too.  #17.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#45]
#18 please
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I also have a drill bit from HB Industries for the CZ that I can send out to someone? Who's next, I think two of these going around would be super helpful!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I also have a drill bit from HB Industries for the CZ that I can send out to someone? Who's next, I think two of these going around would be super helpful!
View Quote

I think #7 is next in line.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, I IMed #7 and will get this second bit into the rotation!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great thing you're doing also and it'll speed things up for everyone!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top