Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought a used Scorpion with SIG brace that I plan on keeping as a pistol for traveling with a CCP. Of the companies doing replacement triggers who are you liking?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does this version suffer from the glob of glue on the diode?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread will cost me money.

yup, cost me $900 so far
Oh, yeah....me, too.  To the tune of 1.5k for gun and mags alone.  I haven't even got an optic yet.  

If you're looking for an inexpensive micro red dot, Schuyler Arms currently has the Primary Arms 2 MOA MD-RBGII for $70. I just received one today and with the factory base get a lower 1/3 co-witness with the CZ sights. Schuyler also includes a medium height UTG mount with the sight but it's not needed on the Scorpion.
http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-comes-with-a-free-riser-993
http://nfdn.images.s3.amazonaws.com/imagedb/image361588-f8491937f858d6f7b47b0814da7dbdeb.jpg

Does this version suffer from the glob of glue on the diode?

Not that I can see.
The first pic shows the emitter with the sight on the ADM low mount, which I found out raises it too high to co-witness. The second is on the factory mount. Looking through the sights (which I couldn't take a picture of) put the dot just a little above the front sight post with no adjustment by me. I'm looking forward to getting it to the range to try it out.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not that I can see.

The first pic shows the emitter with the sight on the ADM low mount, which I found out raises it too high to co-witness. The second is on the factory mount. Looking through the sights (which I couldn't take a picture of) put the dot just a little above the front sight post with no adjustment by me. I'm looking forward to getting it to the range to try it out.
View Quote

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the pics. Think I am gonna place an order for mine right now...
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the pics. Think I am gonna place an order for mine right now...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I can see.

Not gonna lie....I like that!

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bought a used Scorpion with SIG brace that I plan on keeping as a pistol for traveling with a CCP. Of the companies doing replacement triggers who are you liking?
View Quote

CZ custom is the only one that I am aware of that is making a full replacement trigger.  Other companies are making different trigger shoes (922r compliance part) and HBI Industries is making a trigger weight lightening spring kit.  If saving money is your priority go with the HBI springs, if you want to be able to adjust your over travel and up take go with CZ custom (custom has three 922r compliance parts).

ETA: This is from reading other people's experiences, I have not used either product personally.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CZ custom is the only one that I am aware of that is making a full replacement trigger.  Other companies are making different trigger shoes (922r compliance part) and HBI Industries is making a trigger weight lightening spring kit.  If saving money is your priority go with the HBI springs, if you want to be able to adjust your over travel and up take go with CZ custom (custom has three 922r compliance parts).
ETA: This is from reading other people's experiences, I have not used either product personally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HBI spring kit makes a BIG difference for a small price! Have not tried anything else, I'm perfectly happy unless they release an ALG AKT type trigger that improves it even more without costing a bunch

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

HBI spring kit makes a BIG difference for a small price! Have not tried anything else, I'm perfectly happy unless they release an ALG AKT type trigger that improves it even more without costing a bunch

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how I feel. The bang for the buck that $9 imrpoved it to the point where I'm happy as can be and I don't know if the $200 for the other is going to net the same benefit relative to cost for me to buy it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]
HB industries is AWESOME.  Great service and gorgeously made products.  Got my duckbill mag release and my right side AK lever today.  Should have mags tomorrow.  My EVO doesn't ship till tomorrow but by the time I get it..I should have everything a growing boy needs but the optic...still thinking about that.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HB industries is AWESOME.  Great service and gorgeously made products.  Got my duckbill mag release and my right side AK lever today.  Should have mags tomorrow.  My EVO doesn't ship till tomorrow but by the time I get it..I should have everything a growing boy needs but the optic...still thinking about that.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90137
View Quote

I am seriously thinking about that AK lever. I have the PMM small lever on my gun now and it still kind of digs into my finger. Not like horribly but enough that the AK style lever looks appealing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am seriously thinking about that AK lever. I have the PMM small lever on my gun now and it still kind of digs into my finger. Not like horribly but enough that the AK style lever looks appealing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like it. Being able to do quick safe/fire flip, without changing my grip, and with minimal pressure is great.  Plus, it's a super easy visual for an RO in a match.

Edit: There is a little bit of slop in it, but nothing adverse.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I really like it. Being able to do quick safe/fire flip, with changing my grip, and with minimal pressure is great.  Plus, it's a super easy visual for an RO in a match.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really like it. Being able to do quick safe/fire flip, with changing my grip, and with minimal pressure is great.  Plus, it's a super easy visual for an RO in a match.

I plan on adding a Lage stock adapter, hinge and stock to fold to the left side AR-180 style....he AK lever will really shine for this purpose because the lever area will be clear of obstruction and the safety detent is DEFINITELY strong enough for the safety to stay in the "On" position until you choose to manipulate it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered a bunch of parts from HB
Trigger
Charging handle
Spring kit
Right side safety delete
FCG screw set

Everything is AMAZING.

The spring kit and the safety delete IMO are mandatory, other items are nice to have and look cool
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a warning guys, when you add an aftermarket mag release like the HB duckbill, make sure you seat the spring correctly,  There is a specific ledge is sits on inside the trigger group housing.  I accidentally smooshed mine ( don't worry...I have all kinds of spare springs and I put in a better one )  when i installed it.  There is a holes for the spring in the mag release but the ledge inside the trigger housing isn't so well defined.....so make sure to seat your spring correctly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Trigger

Charging handle

Spring kit

Right side safety delete

FCG screw set

Everything is AMAZING.

The spring kit and the safety delete IMO are mandatory, other items are nice to have and look cool
View Quote
Were you able to install the spring kit without drilling out the trigger pack?  In the next paycheck or two, I'm thinking of ordering many of the same parts, and am hoping to avoid an expensive drill bit.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Were you able to install the spring kit without drilling out the trigger pack?  In the next paycheck or two, I'm thinking of ordering many of the same parts, and am hoping to avoid an expensive drill bit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger
Charging handle
Spring kit
Right side safety delete
FCG screw set

Everything is AMAZING.

You wouldn't be able to install it unless yours wasn't a welded trigger pack.

I drilled mine out today with a similar bit I ordered on Amazon. Drilling the weld out wasn't bad, however once the collar was off the crappy Allen head screw completely stripped with all the white locktite they had on there.  Nothing dremeling out slots to fit a flat head in couldn't fix and luckily I already have the trigger screw replacement kit coming in tomorrow.

Not hard at all, just annoying.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I drilled mine out today with a similar bit I ordered on Amazon. Drilling the weld out wasn't bad, however once the collar was off the crappy Allen head screw completely stripped with all the white locktite they had on there.  Nothing dremeling out slots to fit a flat head in couldn't fix and luckily I already have the trigger screw replacement kit coming in tomorrow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger
Charging handle
Spring kit
Right side safety delete
FCG screw set

Everything is AMAZING.

Yeahif you're going to drill it out get a replacement trigger housing screw. I ruined the screw that came with the gun but since I was already ordering parts I got the screw so I was ready.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple questions, I guess this is the best place to put them. Are there any folding adapters for a pistol brace other than the lage ones? They look decent but I was wondering if I was missing anything.

Does 922r compliance apply to pistols or only rifles?

And what is the deal with the welded trigger packs? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeahif you're going to drill it out get a replacement trigger housing screw. I ruined the screw that came with the gun but since I was already ordering parts I got the screw so I was ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trigger
Charging handle
Spring kit
Right side safety delete
FCG screw set

Everything is AMAZING.

Drilled out the welded collar
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a couple questions, I guess this is the best place to put them. Are there any folding adapters for a pistol brace other than the lage ones? They look decent but I was wondering if I was missing anything.

View Quote

Welded trigger packs is from the "World model" that CZ has.  These were imported by CZ USA to meet the demand for EVO's prior to implementation of 41F.  CZ USA is going to replace the trigger housing at some point in the future and there is a sign up list at CZ USA for when they have the replacements.  Some guys are just saying screw that and are drilling the welded screw out.  Since I am waiting for the Form 1 to come back I am in no hurry to modify the trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
If anybody has a lead on a stock/922r compliance kit it would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Welded trigger packs is from the "World model" that CZ has.  These were imported by CZ USA to meet the demand for EVO's prior to implementation of 41F.  CZ USA is going to replace the trigger housing at some point in the future and there is a sign up list at CZ USA for when they have the replacements.  Some guys are just saying screw that and are drilling the welded screw out.  Since I am waiting for the Form 1 to come back I am in no hurry to modify the trigger group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would add, if you plan on replacing the springs or trigger shoe you may as take the 2 minutes and drill it out. There is no firm date when or if(CZ disclaimer says, first come, first serve) CZ will get them out. In fact, it seems we would of heard of someone somewhere getting theirs by this point.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stupid question: HB says the safety goes on the right. That mean its for your trigger finger to manipulate if right handed? Seems a bit odd if that's the case....

I just picked up a Scorp and all these places are out of parts
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Stupid question: HB says the safety goes on the right. That mean its for your trigger finger to manipulate if right handed? Seems a bit odd if that's the case....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still have the thumb selector on the left, the right side allows you to bump up the safety with your trigger finger as your finger goes to the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You still have the thumb selector on the left, the right side allows you to bump up the safety with your trigger finger as your finger goes to the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copy that, thanks. Is there an oversized safety of something friendlier for the left side?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If anybody has a lead on a stock/922r compliance kit it would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Same here...
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you have it correct.  Let me put it this way:  the HB safety is extremely well designed and it works so well that you start gravitating to it immediately.  I would HATE my CZ if it weren't for the HB safety.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, you have it correct.  Let me put it this way:  the HB safety is extremely well designed and it works so well that you start gravitating to it immediately.  I would HATE my CZ if it weren't for the HB safety.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:48:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Now I just need to get that email from HB that they're in stock!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Now I just need to get that email from HB that they're in stock!
View Quote

You WILL get it.  They are VERY good about that.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Bless you for this thread!

What's the general consensus for a buy-it-now price for the pistol?

Also - If I plan to add my suppressor (Ti-Rant 9) and SBR, should I get the carbine or pistol? I'm leaning towards pistol.

What threads do the pistol barrels come in? I currently have 1/2 x 28 and 13.5 x 1 LH pistons.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Also - If I plan to add my suppressor (Ti-Rant 9) and SBR, should I get the carbine or pistol? I'm leaning towards pistol.

What threads do the pistol barrels come in? I currently have 1/2 x 28 and 13.5 x 1 LH pistons.
View Quote
I bought mine pistol for $750 shipped +15 FLL Transfer fee back in the day.  The pistol might be easier to SBR. Not sure if the New pistols version are 922r. If not 922r, you looking at $200 for the 922r kit for the pistol.  Where the carbine, your looking at the cost of getting the barrel cut down and threaded for the SBR. On the carbine the barrel nut does require a special tool for the carbine to get the gun a part, and adds to the cost.

As for the Ti-rant, you're in luck, the new model pistol is thread 1/2x28

Hope that helped.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bought mine pistol for $750 shipped +15 FLL Transfer fee back in the day.  The pistol might be easier to SBR. Not sure if the New pistols version are 922r. If not 922r, you looking at $200 for the 922r kit for the pistol.  Where the carbine, your looking at the cost of getting the barrel cut down and threaded for the SBR. On the carbine the barrel nut does require a special tool for the carbine to get the gun a part, and adds to the cost.

Hope that helped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helped.

Well I just did a little googling and realized that the front end hand guards of the carbine and pistol are completely different - and I vastly prefer the pistol's look. So I guess that answers that question.

If anyone else knows about the 922r status of the new pistols, please chime in. It would be nice if all I had to do was get the folding stock and stamp, instead of the rest of the parts to SBR it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well I just did a little googling and realized that the front end hand guards of the carbine and pistol are completely different - and I vastly prefer the pistol's look. So I guess that answers that question.

If anyone else knows about the 922r status of the new pistols, please chime in. It would be nice if all I had to do was get the folding stock and stamp, instead of the rest of the parts to SBR it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helped.

CZ Scorpion with sku 91350(requires 922r kit) has been replaced with 91351. You will need to verify the sku(Typically listed) to find out if it is in fact the new release by CZ.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

CZ Scorpion with sku 91350(requires 922r kit) has been replaced with 91351. You will need to verify the sku(Typically listed) to find out if it is in fact the new release by CZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helped.

I'm confused. Does the 91351 require a 922r kit? Or is it compatible out of the box?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm confused. Does the 91351 require a 922r kit? Or is it compatible out of the box?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helped.

You do not need the kit for sku 91351, it is the new release.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Are you sure about this?  It's the 1st time I've heard anyone confirm this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree. Would love to see a source for this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update - went by my LGS today and they had both the 91350 and 91351 in stock. I got to play with both of them.

If the 91351 is 922r compliant, it isn't apparent. In the parts kit they sell online, one of the items is a grip that says "CZ USA" on it. The 91351 pistol I looked at did not have that engraved on the grip - it was the same as the 91350 sitting right next to it.

This leads me to believe that the 91351 still needs to be made 922r compliant once your stamp is approved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#39]
The new model is still an import. It will still need to be converted 922r.
Until they make them in the US.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Gear Head Works

Improved safety lever and paddle style mag release.
View Quote

I got the Gear Head safety lever. I like it a lot. It's metal, and sticks out enough that you can easily hook it with your trigger finger and pull down to put back on safe. In fire, it's completely out of the way.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I got this Zhukov kit from Only the Best, and it's the TITS.  
Way better than the one I bought on Gunbroker a few months ago.

Only the Best: Side Project LINK Adapter (CZ scoprion Zhukov)

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-jekapo/products/556/images/5708/Screen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_7.01.30_AM__96651.1461236842.1280.1280.png?c=2
View Quote

I REALLY like the stock, but I've got 3 questions.

Will it lock closed with the stock in all positions, compressed and extended? Also, can it be fired with the stock folded? Finally, it looks like the cheek weld sits higher than the factory stock, any issues with seeing the irons?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey was wondering if anyone can recommend a speed loader? want to get one for my pops since he is having a hard time loading the mags of his EVO
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hey was wondering if anyone can recommend a speed loader? want to get one for my pops since he is having a hard time loading the mags of his EVO
View Quote

I don't have one of these yet, but will probably pick one up eventually:

http://plate-design.com/products/acem-cz-s9-30-gen-4

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-jekapo/products/556/images/5708/Screen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_7.01.30_AM__96651.1461236842.1280.1280.png?c=2
View Quote

Anybody know if the Zhukov stock is shorter than the factory stock?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factory stock is maybe 1/8 longer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you have it correct. Let me put it this way:  the HB safety is extremely well designed and it works so well that you start gravitating to it immediately.  I would HATE my CZ if it weren't for the HB safety.

Very true
http://i.imgur.com/YMYoKzs.jpg?1

The part in bold %110.

It's just natural and intuitive there.

It is how it should have been designed, IMO.

Oh, and pics.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone know where I can find couplers? They seem to be out everywhere and I'm getting ready to pull out the duct tape....
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Plate-Design Speed Loader for Scorpion

I received one today after ordering on 8/30. It seems to be very well made but it's probably a little big (~18" long) to throw into the range bag. If you're like me and load mags at home it works well. I tested by loading a couple of 30rd mags that were still empty from the last trip and it was quick and easy to put 30 rounds in each. A definite thumb saver.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top