User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

Trying to decide if the trigger pack is welded or not. Do they paint over the weld, top of the spacer?

All I need now is for a package from HB Industries to show up.  MRO red dot on it at the moment.

<a href="http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/heavybombers/media/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/heavybombers/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg</a>  
View Quote
anyonw pulled the fake can off yet? Would love to see pics of what's underneath. My local shop has one on the shelf, but I'm not sure I want to bother with it if it's 18x1 threads only.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

anyonw pulled the fake can off yet? Would love to see pics of what's underneath. My local shop has one on the shelf, but I'm not sure I want to bother with it if it's 18x1 threads only.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fresh off the truck,

Trying to decide if the trigger pack is welded or not. Do they paint over the weld, top of the spacer?

All I need now is for a package from HB Industries to show up.  MRO red dot on it at the moment.

<a href="http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/heavybombers/media/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/heavybombers/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg</a>  

Stripping the entire thing down is top of my list Monday.  I'll grab some photos of the barrel/can setup.

Ran mine in a small carbine match today. Ton of fun. Optic height was perfect and it's a really accurate shooter.

Going to do a complete tear down because I'm contemplating duracoating it.  Colors I'm looking at; Czech Republic Dark Brown, ACU Deep Gray Green, Tungsten,    or German Flecktarn Gray.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Do want. What's a 16 inch brl do for the 9mm balistic profile?  Is there a known help vs hinder length?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

No-octane model is just a sleeve.  short 1/2x28" threads under.  I put a comp on mine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do want. What's a 16 inch brl do for the 9mm balistic profile?  Is there a known help vs hinder length?
View Quote

It's been tested before, you can google it. It can add some velocity to many 9mm loads.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No-octane model is just a sleeve.  short 1/2x28" threads under.  I put a comp on mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

Short as in 0.4"? I just want to put a real can on it. Are both carbine versions 1/2-28? Even with welded trigger packs? TIA
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The faux suppressor version. What I know so far (which isn't a whole lot).
The 'can' is actually threaded to the end of the barrel with standard pitch threads. Mine had a couple of flat washers between the 'can' and the barrel.
Now the fun part, that doesn't matter which carbine version you have.  They're using the same setup as the pistol for retaining the handguard. The top of barrel nut is 9" from tip of the barrel, or from the bottom of the handguard --- it's 5" inside.
We're going to need a special tool to get that sucker off.  Length of pipe with a socket on the end is the only thing I think will work.
Now, you might be thinking that you'll just split the halves.  The handguard is locking the halves together so no go.  
Unlike the excellent pistol tear down video I watched on youtube, there's no pin holding the carbine halves together after you remove all the screws.

Some crappy barrel scope photos inside the handguard.

Looking down top of barrel toward nut / plastic lock washer.

Bottom view.

The nut.

Top of nut and top of plastic washer (rotated almost to 3 o'clock)

Bottom washer.

Another top view.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/megraphs/9mm.html

Not sure of the unit of measure they are using for the chart but tis' an extra 200 something. (Either m/s or ft/s)

And the muzzle energy is an extra 100 ft-lbs or more for most of the rounds when comparing 4" vs 16" gun.

Makes it about on par with a 357 magnum out of a 3" barrel given a similar bullet weight.

Those are gross generalizations though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice! That rear QD mount looks like something I need.

I'd also suggest the HB industries refresh pack, or another trigger pack screw replacement. The stock 2mm hex nut strips like it's a top heavy blonde working her way through college.
View Quote

I have the springs sitting on my kitchen table I just need to drill out the screw weld. I also have a replacement screw for the trigger housing because I figuring driling out the weld will wreck that screw.

As far as the QD mount I like it but part of me wants the one he makes that mount a bit forward of the hole. This one is close enough to the rear sight that the sling gets in the way of the cheek weld. I don' t know if moving it a few milimeters forward is really going to change that but part of me wants to try it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As far as the QD mount I like it but part of me wants the one he makes that mount a bit forward of the hole. This one is close enough to the rear sight that the sling gets in the way of the cheek weld. I don' t know if moving it a few milimeters forward is really going to change that but part of me wants to try it.
View Quote

I'll give that option a try.  Thanks.

Time to convince one of these aftermarket outfits to make a carbine barrel nut tool.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Ugh... seriously debating which one to go with now... Carbine or Pistol.
I wouldn't be SBRing either, at least not for a long time. The carbine - with folding stock and longer handguard - is just plain awesome. But I'll be adding a suppressor to the 16" barrel. I won't be clearing any houses with it, but I might get tired of the length. That, and if Fiocchi 158s end up going super out of the longer barrel then I'd be SOL. The lack of a special tool to swap the barrel doesn't bother me in the short term - I could wait for something down the road if I ever decided to SBR it.
Pistol on the other hand needs a buffer tub adapter and a Shockwave brace before I'd even shoot it (folding buffer adapter is $$$). But it would be nice and short w/ the can on it. And cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get the carbine, chop the barrel when you decide to SBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ugh... seriously debating which one to go with now... Carbine or Pistol.
I wouldn't be SBRing either, at least not for a long time. The carbine - with folding stock and longer handguard - is just plain awesome. But I'll be adding a suppressor to the 16" barrel. I won't be clearing any houses with it, but I might get tired of the length. That, and if Fiocchi 158s end up going super out of the longer barrel then I'd be SOL. The lack of a special tool to swap the barrel doesn't bother me in the short term - I could wait for something down the road if I ever decided to SBR it.
Pistol on the other hand needs a buffer tub adapter and a Shockwave brace before I'd even shoot it (folding buffer adapter is $$$). But it would be nice and short w/ the can on it. And cheaper.

Get the carbine, chop the barrel when you decide to SBR.

As a carbine owner I would very much recommend this. The carbine is a hoot as it is.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know if they will be available in the FDE finish like the Bren? I would definitely have to buy one of those. Might end up buying one regardless, but I think the Scorpion in that finish would be pretty cool.

EDIT: I just saw where the pistol is available in FDE, so I'm assuming this will trickle down to the carbine version?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they will be available in the FDE finish like the Bren? I would definitely have to buy one of those. Might end up buying one regardless, but I think the Scorpion in that finish would be pretty cool.  

EDIT: I just saw where the pistol is available in FDE, so I'm assuming this will trickle down to the carbine version?
View Quote

Might trickle down. No guarntees. Even if it does it will take a while (like 2017) seeing as the carbines just finally came out and are still in short supply.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Might trickle down. No guarntees. Even if it does it will take a while (like 2017) seeing as the carbines just finally came out and are still in short supply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's kind of what I figured. Seems like it took a while to get to the pistol. I'm hoping to add the carbine to my collection by the time winter rolls around, assuming I don't change my mind and I can find one. Haven't really looked around in any shops lately to protect my wallet, so we'll see.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
who has the best price on these now?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked mine up yesterday. It's pretty fuckin' sweet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Picked mine up yesterday. It's pretty fuckin' sweet.
View Quote

Where? Or which distributor? CZ posted on their FB and Instagram that they are cranking them out but none of my LGSs can find any.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Called and ordered direct from CZ.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped by a local shop today after work and asked the guy at the counter about them. He said they haven't seen any yet and have some on order, but didn't have an ETA yet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#23]
FWIW, my supplier said there was going to be another wave come in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Called and ordered direct from CZ.
View Quote

What's their price, if you don't mind?

Any info on their stock? I want to try to order one in the next few days...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#25]
My local fun shop has my name on a list..............when they come in I shall have one
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one from Kentucky Gun Co. $1021 shipped....  The version with the faux suppressor, which their site shows they have in stock.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's been tested before, you can google it. It can add some velocity to many 9mm loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighter bullets seem to be affected by barrel length more than heavies.

I've chrono'd 115 fmj Power Pistol loads that were over 1500 fps IIRC
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought one yesterday online at a shop an hour away for 899.00

Go get it tomorrow.

899.00 at The Marksman in Puyallup WA if interested in that price

http://themarksman.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=scorpion&product_id=3039

Not sure if my Link Fu is any good.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Your Link Fu is very strong, but they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:34:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Your Link Fu is very strong, but they are out of stock.
View Quote

I got one before they ran out. Thanks Mauritius!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, I'd have jumped on that to save $100, but I'm not upset at the price I paid. I'll be happy (for everyone else) if they start showing up in stock for $900 or less. The more the merrier!

Now I'm going to start looking at mods and mags. Mags first. I figure in a couple weeks I'll order 10 of the 30 rounders. For optics, I'm just going to slap my Lucid M7 on it. Not sure I'll ever want/need anything more than that.

I do want to change the pistol grip, the safety selector, maybe the charging handle and mag catch. Possibly the trigger later on. Will need to start on the Form 1 ASAP, tho.  

I hope I like this carbine as much as people say they like theirs!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'd have jumped on that to save $100, but I'm not upset at the price I paid. I'll be happy (for everyone else) if they start showing up in stock for $900 or less. The more the merrier!

Now I'm going to start looking at mods and mags. Mags first. I figure in a couple weeks I'll order 10 of the 30 rounders. For optics, I'm just going to slap my Lucid M7 on it. Not sure I'll ever want/need anything more than that.

I do want to change the pistol grip, the safety selector, maybe the charging handle and mag catch. Possibly the trigger later on. Will need to start on the Form 1 ASAP, tho.  

I hope I like this carbine as much as people say they like theirs!
View Quote

If for some reason you hate it you can sell it right now and get at least what you paid for it if not more.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I bought one yesterday online at a shop an hour away for 899.00

Go get it tomorrow.

899.00 at The Marksman in Puyallup WA if interested in that price

http://themarksman.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=scorpion&product_id=3039

Not sure if my Link Fu is any good.
View Quote

Where was that info when I was looking 3 weeks ago, I live in seattle. I'd have driven there to save myself the extra $100
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Just picked one up, the version with the muzzle brake instead of the aluminum faux can, now I just need time off work to enjoy it
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just picked one up, the version with the muzzle brake instead of the aluminum faux can, now I just need time off work to enjoy it
View Quote

Where? None of my local shops can even find one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#36]
There's a few on gunbroker if you keep your eye open. I'm patiently waiting for mine to get here so I can form 1 it. Don't want to hijack this thread but the previous pictures of the disassembly spurred a few questions. What size is the barrel nut? I had the idea of cutting a socket in half and welding pipe between the halves to make a sort of super deep dish socket. Other question is what works the oal on a form 1 be with the barrel recessed in the handguard? Anyway wanted to get this stuff figured out so I can get the form on its way.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#37]
CZ Custom sells a socket for the Scorpion.  They do not list the size, but I imagine somebody in the Scorpion Pistol thread knows.

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-barrel-nut-socket.html

If somebody knocks out a viable tool, make two.  I'll buy the other  
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
CZ Custom sells a socket for the Scorpion.  They do not list the size, but I imagine somebody in the Scorpion Pistol thread knows.

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-barrel-nut-socket.html

If somebody knocks out a viable tool, make two.  I'll buy the other  
View Quote

Looks like a chopped spark plug socket might work?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Picked my carbine up today. Damn, I like it. Feels great to me. A bit heavier than I expected it to feel, but that really lends to how solid it feels. This thing feels like you could club a seal with it and not even scratch it.

The trigger doesn't feel great, but I'm betting a little break in will help. I like the way the stock comes off... that would lead to very easy replacement for other options, although the stock works perfectly fine as it is.

Now I start hunting for magazines. I'll also be looking to get some aftermarket parts on it as well!  

Figure I'll start the SBR process soon, too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up my carbine yesterday without fake can shooting 100 yds with magnified optic under 2 inch groups with federal 115 gr. I love this Carbine it is much better than expected, it feels perfect. My mega 556 and 300 blk just went to the back of the safe
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine with the standard barrel just joined his little brother. Yet to shoot it though. Mine had the welded trigger pack and the bolt with the extra cut in the top, compared to my first batch pistol (sbr).

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mine with the standard barrel just joined his little brother. Yet to shoot it though. Mine had the welded trigger pack and the bolt with the extra cut in the top, compared to my first batch pistol (sbr).

https://s6.postimg.org/56x3nyytd/IMG_1494.jpg
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I fondled both versions at my LGS. I like the looks of the faux suppressor, but it is slightly more nose heavy. I think I still prefer it. All around, a very good feeling gun.
My question - can it be fired with the stock in the folded position? I noticed the folded stock partially blocks the ejection port.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I fondled both versions at my LGS. I like the looks of the faux suppressor, but it is slightly more nose heavy. I think I still prefer it. All around, a very good feeling gun.

My question - can it be fired with the stock in the folded position? I noticed the folded stock partially blocks the ejection port.
View Quote

I popped off a couple of rounds with it folded just to have done it. Wasn't an issue. It's only the bottom edge that's covered.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top