Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/13/2016 3:17:02 PM EDT
I've been looking everywhere and can't find any announcement. The gun was announced in Nov, reviewed by Colon Noir, and at shot show they said a few months. Are we close? I'm feeling the itch.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard June or July..............local LGS has my number for when they come in..........
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been looking everywhere and can't find any announcement. The gun was announced in Nov, reviewed by Colon Noir, and at shot show they said a few months. Are we close? I'm feeling the itch.
View Quote

Last recent update from CZ is that they are waiting for ATF approval. ATF is busy doing other stuff so they have no idea when it will be approved.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Last recent update from CZ is that they are waiting for ATF approval. ATF is busy doing other stuff so they have no idea when it will be approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that blows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Per my point of contact at CZ-USA the Scorpion 16" carbines have started shipping to distributors as of last week- they will start showing up for sale very soon.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Well that's great news. Woooot!

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Put one w/ the faux can on order yesterday. Our rep says 'soon', but I figure there's more than enough time to shop for upgrade parts and select an optic.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put one w/ the faux can on order yesterday. Our rep says 'soon', but I figure there's more than enough time to shop for upgrade parts and select an optic.  
View Quote

I'm thinking a Trijicon RMR Dual Illum or a Reflex. I'm planning on using it for USPSA PCC and I like the bigger dot, easier to find in a hurry. Otherwise I'd go AimPoint T1 or whatever the latest is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm thinking a Trijicon RMR Dual Illum or a Reflex. I'm planning on using it for USPSA PCC and I like the bigger dot, easier to find in a hurry. Otherwise I'd go AimPoint T1 or whatever the latest is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was thinking about an Trijicon MRO, maybe another Mepro RDS, but I don't have any Aimpoint products currently, perhaps time to change that.

I'm making a list and checking it twice.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm wanting to order one... but I want to know about the difference in barrels - does the faux suppressor barrel actually have a short barrel with a pinned fake can on it?

I'm definitely going to SBR when I get one, and use my can on it. I just want to go with whichever version will end up being the easiest to SBR.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm wanting to order one... but I want to know about the difference in barrels - does the faux suppressor barrel actually have a short barrel with a pinned fake can on it?

I'm definitely going to SBR when I get one, and use my can on it. I just want to go with whichever version will end up being the easiest to SBR.
View Quote

That's a good question. I think it's easier to make the pistol an SBR though isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent question and one I asked our distributor's armorer, but he couldn't answer as they haven't seen them yet. My guess, it's mostly likely pinned to make it 16.2", less likely that it's a shroud.
I wonder if we could get some details out of SilencerCo since they build the faux can?
CZ was saying that the 08505 (or 08506 10rd mag version) could be 'easily converted...or ready to be convert to SBR'. Although, as I search for it I'm not finding that description any longer.
What are you planning to upgrade?
So far I know I'm going to change the safety but haven't decided with what, possibly trigger springs (want to shoot it first), and add a rear QD socket from Parker Mountain. That fast paddle release from Gear Head Works also looks interesting.
It's good to have choices.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's a good question. I think it's easier to make the pistol an SBR though isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a "do I have to cut this barrel, and have it crowned and threaded" standpoint, probably.

From a "shit, I have to take it apart and replace a bunch of parts to be 922r compliant" standpoint, probably not.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing the carbine will be easier to SBR, but I guess it depends on what you call "easy". The carbine just needs a barrel swap (or cut+rethread). The pistol needs a stock+922 parts. Barrel swap/work might be cheaper too.

As far as the fake suppressor - I'm guessing it has the same 16" threaded barrel, and the fake can just threads on like a shroud. :(  It might be better if it has the pistol barrel with a pinned shroud, but I kinda doubt that's the case - pretty sure I read somewhere that both versions of the carbine have the same 1/2-28 threads but there wasn't mention of them having the same barrel so I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

From a "do I have to cut this barrel, and have it crowned and threaded" standpoint, probably.

From a "shit, I have to take it apart and replace a bunch of parts to be 922r compliant" standpoint, probably not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would a barrel have to be cut or can it be swapped with a shorter barrel easily?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Would a barrel have to be cut or can it be swapped with a shorter barrel easily?
View Quote

It could be cut and threaded or you could install a new shorter barrel. Installing a new barrel would require sending it in and paying for fitting the new barrel. The prices i have seen for the new fitting are $60-$100 plus the cost of the new barrel($180). So it would be cheaper to just cut and thread.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As I recall it is a 16" barrel with a slipover fake suppressor, reason being there is no way to actually pin a suppressor on the 8" barrel on the extended forend due to the handguard mounting mettod
View Quote

this,  at Shot they said it is going to be a slip over shroud on top of the exact same barrel as on the muzzle brake version, I believe they have confirmed it a few times on their facebook page as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

this,  at Shot they said it is going to be a slip over shroud on top of the exact same barrel as on the muzzle brake version, I believe they have confirmed it a few times on their facebook page as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I recall it is a 16" barrel with a slipover fake suppressor, reason being there is no way to actually pin a suppressor on the 8" barrel on the extended forend due to the handguard mounting mettod

If that's true, I'll just get the regular barrel version then. Cut/thread when I get it SBR.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume the barrel is threaded and they either thread on a muzzle brake or the fake supressor/barrel weight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would assume the barrel is threaded and they either thread on a muzzle brake or the fake supressor/barrel weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's a shroud, not an extension or barrel weight and has been confirmed multiple times.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:If that's true, I'll just get the regular barrel version then. Cut/thread when I get it SBR.
View Quote

A lot of people seem to be planning on going that route. I confess, I'm not 100% sure why. I get that there is gonna be a longer hand guard on the rifle one, but the scorpion market is going to be well served in the aftermarket space very soon, and before long the factory carbine hand guard will be the equivalent of the A2 grip from an LPK. Something you take (or leave) off anyway. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A lot of people seem to be planning on going that route. I confess, I'm not 100% sure why. I get that there is gonna be a longer hand guard on the rifle one, but the scorpion market is going to be well served in the aftermarket space very soon, and before long the factory carbine hand guard will be the equivalent of the A2 grip from an LPK. Something you take (or leave) off anyway. What am I missing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:If that's true, I'll just get the regular barrel version then. Cut/thread when I get it SBR.

The carbine will come with the stock and US made parts in place for 922 compliance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#23]
That is the reason I am getting the carbine

Quoted:

The carbine will come with the stock and US made parts in place for 922 compliance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, that makes sense. I have some confidence that ETS is going to come through and make USA mags, so there'll be less concern about 922 then, especially if you're going to run an aftermarket trigger / muzzle device / stock anyway. Should be good to go... but yeah, 922 brings the suckage and certainly makes the carbine more attractive. Be good for states that ban SBRs too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, that makes sense. I have some confidence that ETS is going to come through and make USA mags, so there'll be less concern about 922 then, especially if you're going to run an aftermarket trigger / muzzle device / stock anyway. Should be good to go... but yeah, 922 brings the suckage and certainly makes the carbine more attractive. Be good for states that ban SBRs too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I just want a usable gun without having to wait for or deal with the additional hassle of getting an SBR approved. If down the road I change my mind I can SBR the carbine and have the barrel cut down without having to worry about parts but that's not strictly necessary to enjoy carbine and use it for what I want to use it for.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#26]
So to all the people saying they will cut and thread the barrel eventually, is cutting and threading a DIY job? Or is it a little more complex and require sending it off to a gunsmith? I know it's hard to say without actually seeing these, but if anyone has any extra info I'm curious on how easy these are to get to SBR configuration. If it does require pulling the barrel then the cost of getting it SBR'd might go up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So to all the people saying they will cut and thread the barrel eventually, is cutting and threading a DIY job? Or is it a little more complex and require sending it off to a gunsmith? I know it's hard to say without actually seeing these, but if anyone has any extra info I'm curious on how easy these are to get to SBR configuration. If it does require pulling the barrel then the cost of getting it SBR'd might go up pretty quick.
View Quote

to be done properly it's a job for a gunsmith with a lathe
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#28]
This.............I'd definitely sent it to a competent smith and have it done

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Some seem to have popped up on gun broker for more money than I'd like to spend. That's a good sign that they should start hitting the shelves reasonably soon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks guys.

How about having a Scorpian rebarreled? Is this something that can be done by just sending it back to CZ? I'm starting to think that with gunsmith pricing it might just make more sense to send the gun back for a complete barrel swap.

Also, I apologize in advance for asking this, but are the gen 2 pistols going to have MLOK on the hand gaurd? I remember seeing some reference to a change on the rail, but am getting them confused between the two Gen's of pistol and carbine all coming to market.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
You should be able to get it cut and threaded for around $100 total.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thanks guys.

How about having a Scorpian rebarreled? Is this something that can be done by just sending it back to CZ? I'm starting to think that with gunsmith pricing it might just make more sense to send the gun back for a complete barrel swap.

Also, I apologize in advance for asking this, but are the gen 2 pistols going to have MLOK on the hand gaurd? I remember seeing some reference to a change on the rail, but am getting them confused between the two Gen's of pistol and carbine all coming to market.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks guys.

Thanks

The carbine rail is extended and slick/M-lok. Due to allocating most parts to builds thery likley won't be offered for sale separately for some time, but AR the very least Manticore Arms has some aftermarket forearms coming out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine is shipping in the next day or so, so they're in the country and through customs.

Thought I'd have more time to evaluate the various upgrade options. Now I've got to decide on a safety. That AK safety intrigues me. I wish there were more grip options too.  Decisions decisions.

At least I've already picked up an MRO for the optic.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice. Just got my quarterly bonus, which wasn't as good as I was hoping... won't cover the full cost of the carbine... I'm about to leave for vacay for a week, visiting a buddy. If I can refrain from spending too much cash, I may look around and order a carbine when I get back.

Are the ones everyone's seeing available the ones with the faux suppressor? I kinda don't want that one. If it's all I can get, well, fuck it. We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice. Just got my quarterly bonus, which wasn't as good as I was hoping... won't cover the full cost of the carbine... I'm about to leave for vacay for a week, visiting a buddy. If I can refrain from spending too much cash, I may look around and order a carbine when I get back.

Are the ones everyone's seeing available the ones with the faux suppressor? I kinda don't want that one. If it's all I can get, well, fuck it. We'll see.
View Quote

No I ordered one without the fake can. In fact it was all they ahd in stock when I ordered. I'd have wanted for the regular version personally.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've got one of each on order. The one with the muzzle device isn't available yet, faux can one is.  Not sure why.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I have the one with the muzzle break - picked it up on Weds.  I've put 50 rounds through it and its great.

Has anyone ditched the factory sights and put MBUS or anything else on theirs?  Results?  Pics?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have the one with the muzzle break - picked it up on Weds.  I've put 50 rounds through it and its great.

Has anyone ditched the factory sights and put MBUS or anything else on theirs?  Results?  Pics?
View Quote

Ditched them altogether for a red dot. I don't see the need for buis on this. Ymmv
HK diopter sights may work, MBuS would be really tall
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#39]
What did you use?  What height?

Quoted:

Ditched them altogether for a red dot. I don't see the need for buis on this. Ymmv
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Holosun red dot, factory low mount.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Cabines with faux suppressor in stock at KYGUNCO.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Fresh off the truck,

Trying to decide if the trigger pack is welded or not. Do they paint over the weld, top of the spacer?

All I need now is for a package from HB Industries to show up.  MRO red dot on it at the moment.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

Trying to decide if the trigger pack is welded or not. Do they paint over the weld, top of the spacer?

All I need now is for a package from HB Industries to show up.  MRO red dot on it at the moment.

<a href="http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/heavybombers/media/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/heavybombers/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg</a>  
View Quote

Yep. I need one.

That looks great with the MRO.  The more I see the MRO, the more I like it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

<a href="http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/heavybombers/media/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/heavybombers/2016-06-01_zpsk57ni9wp.jpg</a>  
View Quote

That MRO seems a bit high to me.

I am seriously looking at the Trijicon RMR and Reflex because I like the big dot they have. I mean realistically a 6 MOA dot is perfect for this gun. I'm not shooting it much further than 100 yards ever.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I am seriously looking at the Trijicon RMR and Reflex because I like the big dot they have. I mean realistically a 6 MOA dot is perfect for this gun. I'm not shooting it much further than 100 yards ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fresh off the truck,

I'd put it on about 10 mins before I took the photo.  It's the basic Trijicon lower 1/3 mount, but seems suitable. My initial impression, with a solid cheek weld forward on the stock, just behind the hinge, it's comfortable. To get a good sight picture on the iron sights, I have to move my head back to the lower portion of the stock which doesn't feel as natural.

Plan to shoot it in a carbine match this weekend if I can get the trigger group cleaned up and new springs installed.  I'll know pretty quickly if I need to make some changes to the mount.

I've also got a Mepro RDS I could throw on it, but the MRO is quickly growing on me.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fresh off the truck,

View Quote

The welded nut could be seen inside, in front of the trigger group.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...Trying to decide if the trigger pack is welded or not. Do they paint over the weld, top of the spacer?..

It was definitely welded. I wasn't patient enough to wait on the carbide tipped bit (see the exchange program thread) and it was a lot harder job than it should have been.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Who has stock and what are the prices like?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#49]
My carbine trigger pack is welded. :(

The gun looks and shoots well though

The only problem I ran into was I almost had to bottom out the front sight post to get it to hit COM at 25 yards. I sighted it in at an indoor range and that was the furthers I could do.

It shoots exceptional well. I'm going to drill the trigger weld out and swap the springs but otherwise it's fantastic.

I really really want to get a Trijicon Reflex with the 6.5 MOA green dot to put it on it. I think that combined with the trigger springs will make it a crazy good USPSA PCC gun.

I also put some Parker Mountain Machine Safety Levers on it along with his rear QD sling attach

And I put a Magpul M-Lok  QD sling on the front of the handguard

The Parker Mountain Machine Safety Levers are a HUGE improvement. Huge. They feel so much better than the standard one and the short one I put on the right side of my gun is the perfect place to push up with my trigger finger kunckle and doesn't get in the way when shooting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice! That rear QD mount looks like something I need.

I'd also suggest the HB industries refresh pack, or another trigger pack screw replacement. The stock 2mm hex nut strips like it's a top heavy blonde working her way through college.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top