BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great point.

I'd have to check with a a face shield on, first. ????????
View Quote

Don't think it'll hurt, just be unpleasant over a range session.

I had the same problem with a Keltec sub 9 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Don't think it'll hurt, just be unpleasant over a range session.

I had the same problem with a Keltec sub 9 years ago.
View Quote

No problems shooting left handed, but my Mag release was on the left. I assume that can be reversed if necessary.

The bolt handle equivalent I noticed has to be cautiously pulled in a downward motion as you put it back. Otherwise I notice the friction with the frame which leads to cycling issues.

I was able to ring the gong at 25, 50 and 75 yards rather easily, after sighting it at 25 yards for a zero.  

Just as an experiment, I was able to fire as I titled the gun to the side, as if shooting from behind a barrier (both ways), sideways (gangster style as a joke but it worked), and I even held it upside down, pulled the trigger with my pinky and hit the plate.

I even put this in a novice's hands who doesn't know how to shoot a pistol at 25 yards, and he was able to hit the gong two times in a row.

So the more I use this, I notice advantages of improved hits from longer distances much more consistently. Ability to shoot at different angles. Ability to shoot with either dominant or non-dominant hands. I tried out my buddy's Glock MOS with an RMR and I was faster in mine even though I was shooting a 40 caliber weapon.

One caveat is how I'm supposed to clean this. I've put probably 500 rounds through it, right now. I don't want to have to disassemble it but it looks like I may have to since there is a lot of powder inside the hull of the frame, and along the vents of the Roni.

Lastly, I want to reemphasize that the bolt handle must be pulled downward and back, since the handle can cause undue friction on the Micro Roni frame.

It's very stable, and easy enough for a novice to use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No problems shooting left handed, but my Mag release was on the left. I assume that can be reversed if necessary.

The bolt handle equivalent I noticed has to be cautiously pulled in a downward motion as you put it back. Otherwise I notice the friction with the frame which leads to cycling issues.

I was able to ring the gong at 25, 50 and 75 yards rather easily, after sighting it at 25 yards for a zero.  

Just as an experiment, I was able to fire as I titled the gun to the side, as if shooting from behind a barrier (both ways), sideways (gangster style as a joke but it worked), and I even held it upside down, pulled the trigger with my pinky and hit the plate.

I even put this in a novice's hands who doesn't know how to shoot a pistol at 25 yards, and he was able to hit the gong two times in a row.

So the more I use this, I notice advantages of improved hits from longer distances much more consistently. Ability to shoot at different angles. Ability to shoot with either dominant or non-dominant hands. I tried out my buddy's Glock MOS with an RMR and I was faster in mine even though I was shooting a 40 caliber weapon.

One caveat is how I'm supposed to clean this. I've put probably 500 rounds through it, right now. I don't want to have to disassemble it but it looks like I may have to since there is a lot of powder inside the hull of the frame, and along the vents of the Roni.

Lastly, I want to reemphasize that the bolt handle must be pulled downward and back, since the handle can cause undue friction on the Micro Roni frame.

It's very stable, and easy enough for a novice to use.
View Quote
You're killing me...
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Aight, before I drop the striker on this, let me test my understanding.

Could I go ahead and register my current G19 as a SBR and then wait for the stamp before getting one of these?

Then, as it suits me, use the G19 as a carry gun also? Or once registered, it must be used as a rifle?

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the Micro Roni Stab (Stabilizer version) which didn't require NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Aight, before I drop the striker on this, let me test my understanding.

Could I go ahead and register my current G19 as a SBR and then wait for the stamp before getting one of these?

Then, as it suits me, use the G19 as a carry gun also? Or once registered, it must be used as a rifle?

View Quote

My understanding of this is... Once you take the stock off or take it out of the Ronnie in this case it is no longer an SBR and is just a pistol again.  Put the stock on and it's an SBR. It's like an MP5 or a scorpion. Form one the MP5, get the stamp and put the stock on it. If you want take the stock off... no issue there. Same thing here with a glock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Any more shooting?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoping to finally get a chance tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried my Glock 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel.  Not one hiccup.  I zeroed it for 25 yards, and I proceeded to test it to 25, 50 and 75 yards.  Consistently hitting out to those longer distances.  Another advantage I have noticed is that I can shoot with either hand...At these distances, also.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I took mine out yesterday and it ran 100% unsuppressed and I was ringing a 6" steel gong at ~20 yards every hit. My Revolution 9 was hitting the Micro Roni's front so it's going to need some filing off the front (not just enlarging the circle where the barrel is) I did a little filing of the front and it made it through 5 rounds before having a FTF (due to the suppressor hitting) but I got rained out before I could fully fix the issue. Hopefully with a little more filing it'll run 100% suppressed.

I did get a ridiculous amount of gas to the face shooting suppressed, even with eye protection on. It was bad enough that after a few rounds my eyes were watering and I had to let the gas clear. I was shooting Perfecta 115gr so I'll see if the gas issue is better with 147gr Lawman once I fix it cycling, but I think it'll be an issue
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Try it out further, it can definitely reach out.  I've been able to hit out to 75 yards, standing.

How do we clean this thing? I have 700 rounds through it and there's all sorts of crap in the vents.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Air compressor? I don't think you'll be able to get it 100% clean though. Hoping to take mine out again soon and do more troubleshooting shooting suppressed
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought of using barrel cleaning foam and compressed air used for keyboards. I really don't want to have to disassemble the entire thing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
How easy/hard is it to get the glock in and out of it?  How long does it take?  We need some more pics of these things guys!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Takes about 30 seconds to get a Glock in or out. Putting it in you have to open the door on the rear of the chassis, put the "charging handle" on the slide and insert the gun. The accessory rail engages and locks it into place. Then you close the rear door and you're good to go.

To remove it's the opposite, with the exception of pulling down on the accessory rail release to unlock the gun before removing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Any updates on these?

More shooting?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#17]
For the SBR version, do you have to engrave anything on the RONI or your Glock?  name state, etc?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#18]
@superchief same as any other form 1, you engrave the maker (trust or individual) and city, state on the firearm. I had a shop laser engrave the info on the bottom of the trigger guard on my G17. You'd never know the engraving was there unless you looked for it.

If you're curious I put the OAL on the F1 as listed on the CAA website (23") and barrel length of 5" (G17 threaded barrel length)
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if this will work with a gen 2 glock 19?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know if this will work with a gen 2 glock 19?

Contacted them 4 months or so ago, was told no, no reason given.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#21]
It interfaces with the rail, so Gen 2 = no
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got the SiCo barrel and PA ADS today, Micro Roni comes tomorrow

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/188669/Ready-MRoni-117062.JPG
View Quote
I just received my Micro Roni STAB today.  Is the 17L threaded barrel long enough to clear the front of the Micro Roni with a suppressor?  Has anyone considered using a threaded extension on their barrel to make it long enough to clear the front of the Micro Roni?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]
It almost works, check out my updates in the thread. I need to get out and do more testing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It almost works, check out my updates in the thread. I need to get out and do more testing.
View Quote
Thanks for the quick reply.  I see that lone wolf has 9" barrels available for Glock pistols.  I am thinking about buying one of those and having it cut an threaded to the proper length.  Unfortunately I have a G22 that I would need a conversion barrel to 9mm, or try to find a 9 mm slide, which is almost impossible now due to the 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#25]
It might be easier to find a full 17 and sell the lower.

I'd be wary about getting a 9" barrel to cut down/thread. Due to the Glock going into the chassis at an angle a threaded G17L barrel BARELY fits without a thread protector (the barrel drags along the top of the inside of the chassis while installing) and won't fit with a thread protector on. I think anything longer wouldn't work, and if you could even find a long conversion barrel it'll be thicker and probably have clearance issues worse than the G17L barrel.

Other than tolerance stacking a threaded extension would be the easiest route (screw on after the Glock is in the chassis) but I feel more comfortable with the G17L barrel provided I can get it 100% reliable (it should be once enough material is removed from the front of the chassis)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I am building a form 1 .45 cal suppressor.  That should give me enough clearance for any tolerance issues with using a threaded extension for my threaded barrel, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Ha, probably.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, figured that I should share a picture of it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I finally got a chance to get to the range a couple weeks ago, just realized I didn't update the thread. With the last bit of filing I did to the front of the chassis it functioned 100% suppressed with 100 rounds of 115gr (Perfecta or ZQI, I forget) and then 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr. My only gripe is pretty bad gas to the face, but I doubt there's any way around it. What I've done is definitely outside of how it was designed but I'm happy with the results.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Any pics of this MOD to use a suppressor?

Quoted:
I finally got a chance to get to the range a couple weeks ago, just realized I didn't update the thread. With the last bit of filing I did to the front of the chassis it functioned 100% suppressed with 100 rounds of 115gr (Perfecta or ZQI, I forget) and then 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr. My only gripe is pretty bad gas to the face, but I doubt there's any way around it. What I've done is definitely outside of how it was designed but I'm happy with the results.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Pictures in OP spell it out pretty well, it was just more filing to make everything function.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Picked up a Micro Roni Stab for less than $300.
Fathers Day Sale
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#33]
This thing is fun as shit! I need to get a riser for my TRS-25 tho. I was able to zero and shoot but it needs to go up a bit for more comfort.

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone try an AA .22 conversion slide on their glock in the Micro Roni?

In theory it should work, just wonder if the cocking handle piece will clamp on or not? When I look at my .22 slide compared to the 9mm slide, the serrations look slightly different.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone try an AA .22 conversion slide on their glock in the Micro Roni?

In theory it should work, just wonder if the cocking handle piece will clamp on or not? When I look at my .22 slide compared to the 9mm slide, the serrations look slightly different.
View Quote
I'll try to remember to try the cocking piece on mine tonight, I have both 17 and 19 kits
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent........I haven't decided if I should get the STAB for my gen 3 17 or my gen 4 19......am leaning toward the 19.

I will watch for your reply!
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This thing is fun as shit! I need to get a riser for my TRS-25 tho. I was able to zero and shoot but it needs to go up a bit for more comfort.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4135/35371976900_bb4b4e3175_c.jpg
View Quote
How close does the charging handle come to your face when you fire it shouldered?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My only gripe is pretty bad gas to the face, but I doubt there's any way around it.
View Quote
Try a stronger recoil spring. Ideally, you want to use the strongest spring that allows the gun to function 100% with the suppressor installed. It keeps the barrel locked longer and tends to decrease the amount of gas you get coming out the ejection port.

You would have to play with spring weights to see what works best with your gun / can combo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Does the charging handle clip-on thing look like it will work with an aftermarket rear sight? Or would one have to use the OEM sight?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does the charging handle clip-on thing look like it will work with an aftermarket rear sight? Or would one have to use the OEM sight?
View Quote
Yes, I have TFO's on mine. It will work with a REAR suppressor height sight but not a front unfortunately
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Any luck with the 19 gen 4 advantage arms .22 conversion?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I haven't forgotten, on my list of things for tonight
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Good deal. If it isn't asking too much, would love to know if the charging handle thingy fits both the 17 and 19 conversion slides.

I assume the serations are the same from one to the other, but all I currently own is the 17 gen 3 conversion.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Unfortunately the "charging handle" doesn't work correctly with the AA slides. The serrations are different than a Glock slide and that's how the charging handle attaches to the slide.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Bummer......thanks for verifying this for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#46]
The serrations are further back and spaced further apart (on an AA slide) so the charging handle bulges out to the sides and is further back than on a Glock 9mm/.40 slide.

It might work but I worry about wearing down the plastic bumps on the charging handle and it slipping off the Glock slide and binding up the gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How close does the charging handle come to your face when you fire it shouldered?
View Quote
Not close at all with the stock, not sure about a brace(shorter LOP?)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I ordered a Stabilizer kit for the 17... Will find out in a few days hopefully.  Found a video on YouTube that showed a left side shot of a guy firing it. Didn't seem to be an issue.  Even saw a lefty shooting, didn't seem fazed by the brass right by his face.  I guess they have become accustomed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Just found this picture of a guy who managed to squeeze a 16" barrel in his Micro Roni....

http://www.imgrum.org/media/1575491145571975236_31497405
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Primary Arms has the Stab on sale again for $299. They sold out real fast last time.

They got me at a weak moment. I ordered the FDE glock 19 stabilizer
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top