Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2016 5:33:39 PM EDT
Anybody know if the gen 2 Scorpions are shipping yet? I've been getting the usual emails from PSA stating they have the Scorpion in stock. The emails don't say whether or not it is the gen 2 model but April or May is the timeframe the CZ rep gave me for when the gen 2 models should be hitting the states.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a gen 1 last week that was supposedly part of the pre-gen 2 release shipment. I'm going to say that if mine is part of the supplementary shipment, the gen 2 is still a few months out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt it. I have a feelings that the bulk of what's shipping, and currently available at Palmetto State and Kygunco are the "world-Legal" model that they're trying to get out to satisfy the demand before 41f goes into effect. The "world-legal" model has an oval stamp mark above the Czech Republic markings on the right hand side of the receiver. It also has the welded trigger housing nut which prevents you from making it 922r complient. They also still have the 18x1 threading. This is just conjecture on my part, but I bet I'm right. Hopefully CZ has the replacement trigger housing out quick like as I filed my form 1 today. Here's a link to the CZ trigger swap info.

http://cz-usa.com/scorpiontriggerswap/
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping the carbine doesn't have the welded trigger housing nut

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt it. I have a feelings that the bulk of what's shipping, and currently available at Palmetto State and Kygunco are the "world-Legal" model that they're trying to get out to satisfy the demand before 41f goes into effect. The "world-legal" model has an oval stamp mark above the Czech Republic markings on the right hand side of the receiver. It also has the welded trigger housing nut which prevents you from making it 922r complient. They also still have the 18x1 threading. This is just conjecture on my part, but I bet I'm right. Hopefully CZ has the replacement trigger housing out quick like as I filed my form 1 today. Here's a link to the CZ trigger swap info.

http://cz-usa.com/scorpiontriggerswap/
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
That's good info. I haven't been following what's been happening with the Scorpion for a while and this is the first I've heard about the "world legal" version.
I'll keep waiting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It won't.  The welded trigger screw was a batch made for a different market.  CZ knew that he new molds wouldn't be done in time for people to beat 41p, so they imported the last of the Gen 1's (with welded screws) to the US.  The carbines will use the new molds.  This means that you shouldn't expect to see them (or Gen 2 pistols) until after July.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It won't.  The welded trigger screw was a batch made for a different market.  CZ knew that he new molds wouldn't be done in time for people to beat 41p, so they imported the last of the Gen 1's (with welded screws) to the US.  The carbines will use the new molds.  This means that you shouldn't expect to see them (or Gen 2 pistols) until after July.
View Quote

This.  

CZ saw the huge, unexpected demand for the Evo1 and reallocated a batch that was never intended for the US market in order to get as many guns in the hands of consumers pre-41p.  I give them major props for this.   They also recognize the welded trigger pack, which was never intended for the US, makes 922r compliance tough.  So,  they are going to swap out trigger packs free of charge so that anyone wanting a nonwelded trigger pack will get one.   I really don't know what more we could ask of them.

Well done, CZ.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.  

CZ saw the huge, unexpected demand for the Evo1 and reallocated a batch that was never intended for the US market in order to get as many guns in the hands of consumers pre-41p.  I give them major props for this.   They also recognize the welded trigger pack, which was never intended for the US, makes 922r compliance tough.  So,  they are going to swap out trigger packs free of charge so that anyone wanting a nonwelded trigger pack will get one.   I really don't know what more we could ask of them.

Well done, CZ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

Well done, CZ.

ooh-rah devil dog, I couldn't agree more. Most gun makers wouldn't give 2 shits about 41F or the timing of the situation. I'm seriously considering getting a Bren 805 now, because any gun company with this kind of consideration for the consumer deserves my support. That and the 805 is awesome...  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.  

Well done, CZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

Well done, CZ.

+1 to CZ for this
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
That's good.............I came real close to spending my cash on an underfolding AK.............been waffling back and forth between the Scorpion and an AK............hard decision

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the latest CZ scorpion offering from PSA so let's see if it has the wielded trigger.  I'm going to form one as soon as I pick it up from the dealer so I hope cz will have the new trigger upgrade ready (nice if it was 922r compliant) by the time my stamp comes in.  That is my one major concern. No way to upgrade my sear if I give the cz kit.

Another is the availability of the cz 922r kit with the stock,  I really want to have a folding stock on mine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Got an email from CZ USA on Friday. My G2 Scorpion shipped and is due at my FFL on the 1st of June.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
CZ USA called me Thursday to get my credit card info, no shipping notification yet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]
My gen 2 just shipped.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got an email from CZ USA on Friday. My G2 Scorpion shipped and is due at my FFL on the 1st of June.
View Quote

Are you guys buying straight from CZ somehow or a dealer?  Curious as to where/how your specifically ordered Gen 2's and are getting shipping notifications from CZ.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you guys buying straight from CZ somehow or a dealer?  Curious as to where/how your specifically ordered Gen 2's and are getting shipping notifications from CZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. Also curious what they charge if this is the case.  Msrp?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered mine through their law enforcement program. Pretty healthy discount and direct shipping to my FFL.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I ordered mine through their law enforcement program. Pretty healthy discount and direct shipping to my FFL.
View Quote

Pistol or carbine? When did you order? I ordered a carbine through that program a little while back  and I'm getting excited.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered the pistol. I think it was back before Christmas. At the time I hadn't even heard of the carbine but I'd planned on SBr'ing it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought thru their LE program.  Mine shipped out today.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I went through the military purchase program, mine arrived today.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#21]
This is worse than NFA jail waits.   I ordered mine through the Mil program at the end of April.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#22]
They mentioned 1,200+ Gen2 Scorpions were in this new batch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Aren't they already on "Gen2" after the Laugo version?

They really need to do something to differentiate between models.

Can someone post a pic of the 1/2x28mm muzzle when you get it in?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine is in town for delivery. No I just need my FFL to be home to receive it. He's not very good at that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Aren't they already on "Gen2" after the Laugo version?

They really need to do something to differentiate between models.

Can someone post a pic of the 1/2x28mm muzzle when you get it in?
View Quote

In stock and thread pics.  IMHO...to much M18x1 threads between the barrel nut and the 1/2x28 threads...for the 3-Lug adapter folks....might be bether to stick with all M18x1 threads:

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-2016-model-9mm-pistol-7-72-barrel-threaded-1-2x28-2-20rd-mags-91351

From the site above:

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:03:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Where are you guys ordering them from?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure? Because my trigger pack has a welded screw in my carbine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

In stock and thread pics.  IMHO...to much M18x1 threads between the barrel nut and the 1/2x28 threads...for the 3-Lug adapter folks....might be bether to stick with all M18x1 threads...

View Quote

Thanks. I snagged one for $750 on GB.

They need to just ditch the idea of inventing their own thread pitch. I know it's on the military models already fielded, but nobody wants it.

The new 1/2x28 threading is still better than the 18mm adapters though. Those things were some big honkers!
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was CZ-USA's original intent but they posted this update recently.

http://cz-usa.com/uncategorized/17198/

With the resounding success of the Scorpion S1 Pistol, our parent
factory CZUB has been exploring what it will take to expand the Scorpion
semi-auto’s distribution into more world markets.

To do this,
they’ve developed some small modifications that will make the Scorpion
platform importable in more countries. Modifications to the bolt and
trigger housing are necessary to meet certain countries’ standards and
the factory has been rolling these changes into all S1 models to
simplify production.

Long story short, the factory’s current
production Scorpions have a tack weld hindering removal of the ‘case
securing screw’ that holds in the trigger cage. The factory has been
building new molds that incorporate a small change that eliminates the
need for this weld, but they have been experiencing delays.

Initially
we intended to wait to import 2016 Scorpions until the new molds were
complete, but the extended delays have made us reconsider importing the
welded versions.

By having the factory send us 2016 Scorpion
models from current production with welded trigger case screws, we’ll be
able to get the new pistol and carbine models to US distributors
several months sooner than if we waited for the factory to complete
their molds, send us production samples and have the ATF approve the new
models for import.

What that means to US Scorpion buyers is that
the guns shipping in the next few months will have a welded trigger case
screw, complicating removal of the factory trigger cage.

Once the
factory’s new molds are complete they will be sending us updated
trigger housings that aren’t welded, which we will swap with any
customer with a welded one at our expense. We have a form set up to get
on the list for one of these swaps, just head over to cz-usa.com/scorpiontriggerswap.

We
apologize for any inconvenience this temporary change might cause our
customers wishing to swap trigger group components in their Scorpion,
and we’re urging the factory to have the new trigger groups available as
soon as possible. The positive side of this is that Scorpion pistols
and carbines with new 2016 features will start showing up in
distribution channels much sooner than we were expecting, had we decided
to wait for the new molds to be complete. At the moment, the first set
of Carbines is waiting on one part to come back from finishing and they
will ship out.

When purchasing a Scorpion pistol, be aware that
there will be versions with 2015 features (SKU 91350 and 01350) on the
market currently that also have the welded case securing screw.

As
always, if you have any questions regarding the Scorpion or any CZ-USA
product please contact us at [email protected] or 1-800-955-4486.

Thank you,

CZ-USA

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They need to just ditch the idea of inventing their own thread pitch. I know it's on the military models already fielded, but nobody wants it.

The new 1/2x28 threading is still better than the 18mm adapters though. Those things were some big honkers!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In stock and thread pics.  IMHO...to much M18x1 threads between the barrel nut and the 1/2x28 threads...for the 3-Lug adapter folks....might be bether to stick with all M18x1 threads...

Somebody said 18mm is very common in europe
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

That somebody is wrong.

It's their own thing.

M13.5 x 1 is the common Euro thread pitch.

There are also some vintage 1/2 x 24 cans floating around out there, and the HK "Navy" barrels are famously threaded in 1/2 X 32 so goofballs can't screw the wrong supressor on there.

This is like CZ's own attempt to repeat the mistake of HK- having a suppressor that will only work on one gun.

Still, they got some folks to retool to support it:

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/maschinenpistolen/bt-smgpdw-suppressor-cal-9mm
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That somebody is wrong.

It's their own thing.

There are also some vintage 1/2 x 24 cans floating around out there, and the HK "Navy" barrels are famously threaded in 1/2 X 32 so goofballs can't screw the wrong supressor on there.

This is like CZ's own attempt to repeat the mistake of HK- having a suppressor that will only work on one gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That somebody is wrong.

It's their own thing.

page 265
I'm just be messenger. Near the middle/bottom of the page
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#33]

On a lighter note, I picked up my Scorpion today. Yay! Gonna cook up the form 1 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Just bought a Scorpion today on GB. It's the 1/2-28 threaded version.  Should pick it up Saturday. Time to fill out my first form 1. I was considering the Sig MPX and Kriss Vector. After reading lots of post here I went with the scorpion. It was my 3rd pick initially due to the gen1 barrel threads. I do not like the adapters. Ultimately it came down the the one that would suppress with minimal gassing and the vector just didn't seem wife friendly.  I will likely end up with all 3 so no real long term dilemma.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#35]
FDE models are set to arrive in August.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked up a Scorpion 91351 today and submitted Form 1 SBR.

My first PCC, now the wait.

What is needed to mount a SiCo Hybrid, the new 2016 Scorpion now has 1/2 x 28 threads?

Octane fixed mount 1/2 x 28 or will a flat direct thread work?

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FDE models are set to arrive in August.
View Quote

Awesome; have been waiting for mine since the beginning of the year
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is needed to mount a SiCo Hybrid, the new 2016 Scorpion now has 1/2 x 28 threads?

View Quote

You will now have the option of using the original 18mm threads, or the 1/2x28.  Looking at the options, I am going to use the 18mm direct thread mount for my Hybrid since it will be shorter overall than using the 1/2x28 direct thread mount.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I just realized my Scorpion doesn't have the QD socket. It shows its the 91351 sku number on the box it came in. I ordered the gen 2 2016.
What does the new lower profile sights look like? I could verify that they are correct.

Also it has the tab on the barrel that sticks out to hold the comp?

What is the part that looks similar to a 'locking washer' for, where does it properly fit?

I'm calling CZ in the morning about the QD socket that my 'newer' model doesn't have. Maybe they'll send a replacement.

Thanks

Bishop3
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You will now have the option of using the original 18mm threads, or the 1/2x28.  Looking at the options, I am going to use the 18mm direct thread mount for my Hybrid since it will be shorter overall than using the 1/2x28 direct thread mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there enough of the 18mm threads to use this adapter?

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/main-view-cz-scpn-evo-3-lug-adptr_674_general.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/main-view-cz-scpn-evo-3-lug-adptr_674_general.jpg

So I got the World Edition "Gen 2" (1/2x28 threads with 18x1).
There seems to be enough 18.1 threads for muzzle device from HK Parts.
I have it on mine but haven't tested it yet.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just realized my Scorpion doesn't have the QD socket. It shows its the 91351 sku number on the box it came in. I ordered the gen 2 2016.What does the new lower profile sights look like? I could verify that they are correct.
Also it has the tab on the barrel that sticks out to hold the comp?
What is the part that looks similar to a 'locking washer' for, where does it properly fit?
I'm calling CZ in the morning about the QD socket that my 'newer' model doesn't have. Maybe they'll send a replacement.

Thanks
Bishop3
View Quote

I believe the "locking washer" is a thread protector for the metric threads to be used when the flash hider is removed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]
My scorpion is coming in Monday. I ordered from CZ USA. How do I know if I ordered the gen 2?

Eta well checked order looks like it's V2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top