Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2016 10:41:27 PM EDT
Looking to get a Scorpion,  but am hearing that a gen 2 is around the corner. But having an issue getting that confirmed.

Curious if there is a definitive answer to this and if the timing is known. Would hate to buy a gen1 and then an upgrade comes out. Not that I've even found a gen 1 in stock lol.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, there is a "gen 2" version but it isn't "gen 2" like Sig would do.  They're changing the muzzle threads from M18 to 1/2x28 and adding a QD swivel to the butt plate.  Option for a FDE version.  That's really it, I wouldn't sweat the differences.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, there is a "gen 2" version but it isn't "gen 2" like Sig would do.  They're changing the muzzle threads from M18 to 1/2x28 and adding a QD swivel to the butt plate.  Option for a FDE version.  That's really it, I wouldn't sweat the differences.
View Quote

Those sound like pretty good changes though!
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fde would be cool, but the threading is more important to me as I'll be running a suppressor. Downside though is more waiting before i can get the paperwork started.

Is there any time-frame on release?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe they have given an official timeframe.

Threading is not really that big of a deal depending on what suppressor you're going to use.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Threading is not really that big of a deal depending on what suppressor you're going to use.
View Quote

"Sometime in 2016" is all I've heard.  We're between major shipments of Scorpion stuff, so I imagine it'll be soon, whatever that is in Czech time.

Yeah, between there being several folks pumping out stuff like thread conversions and 3-lug adapters, there really isn't a limit on suppressors.  I know Silencerco already has their M18 direct thread mount for the Octane available.  Pretty sure others are close if not available already, I plan to use my Octane 45 with a 3-lug though, so I haven't checked all of them.

If you plan on SBR'ing it, the QD mount is worthless anyway as you have to remove the buttplate to put the stock on.

If you can find one for a good price, I wouldn't worry about the generation.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Sometime in 2016" is all I've heard.  We're between major shipments of Scorpion stuff, so I imagine it'll be soon, whatever that is in Czech time.

Yeah, between there being several folks pumping out stuff like thread conversions and 3-lug adapters, there really isn't a limit on suppressors.  I know Silencerco already has their M18 direct thread mount for the Octane available.  Pretty sure others are close if not available already, I plan to use my Octane 45 with a 3-lug though, so I haven't checked all of them.

If you plan on SBR'ing it, the QD mount is worthless anyway as you have to remove the buttplate to put the stock on.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. I am only buying one to sbr and suppress it.  I guess if i run across a good buy I'll go ahead and pull the trigger. But I'm really not seeing any available at all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are SBRing it, get the Gen 1.  There are tons of US made muzzle devices which will help count towards 922 compliance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fair enough. I am only buying one to sbr and suppress it.  I guess if i run across a good buy I'll go ahead and pull the trigger. But I'm really not seeing any available at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent you a pm bud, found a place after a great recommendation from another member that had several in stock (7) as of now.

good luck
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me know if that source has any left.  Looking for one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sent you a pm bud, found a place after a great recommendation from another member that had several in stock (7) as of now.

good luck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck

I'd be interested too, if you are willing to share.  I've been searching for a few weeks now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's where I got mine. Jims firearms out of baton rouge. But I bet they are out of them by now. Wouldn't hurt to call though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think it's where I got mine. Jims firearms out of baton rouge. But I bet they are out of them by now. Wouldn't hurt to call though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you, sir!  Just called and got one.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Good gawd guys. I called 30 minutes before closing yesterday and they had a few. Thought over night and called back today to order one. In the 30 minutes I called before closing yesterday they sold 2, I got the second to last one. There's one left.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Many of the suppressor companies will come out with adapters, so I wouldn't worry about it. I just bought a thread adapter from USMACHINEGUN.com and they work just fine or you can get it re-threaded.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, surprised they still have them. Glad you guys got one,definitely my favorite range toy already. I should grab that last one since my wife has taken over mine
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Many of the suppressor companies will come out with adapters, so I wouldn't worry about it. I just bought a thread adapter from USMACHINEGUN.com and they work just fine or you can get it re-threaded.

http://s10.postimg.org/c9vs6aqd5/Scorpion_Evo1.jpg
http://s12.postimg.org/9j0l16cb1/Scorpion_Evo2.jpg
View Quote

That's what I'm envisioning my scorpion eventually looking like. Mind sharing some details?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's what I'm envisioning my scorpion eventually looking like. Mind sharing some details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just has the factory folding stock on there. Which is a pain in the ass to  find now as well.
https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/19380_evo-922r-parts-and-folding-stock-kit
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just has the factory folding stock on there. Which is a pain in the ass to  find now as well.
https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/19380_evo-922r-parts-and-folding-stock-kit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I'd need the folding factory stock and all the 922 compliant parts?

What I'm thinking at this point is I'll submit the scorpion evo when I get it, and wait on parts. The folding stock is hard to find right now, but as long as I get the paperwork in before July I can take my time looking for those parts. At the same time with more and more local parts being produced I shouldn't have a huge problem replacing the required amount of parts for 922 compliancy either.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What I'm thinking at this point is I'll submit the scorpion evo when I get it, and wait on parts. The folding stock is hard to find right now, but as long as I get the paperwork in before July I can take my time looking for those parts. At the same time with more and more local parts being produced I shouldn't have a huge problem replacing the required amount of parts for 922 compliancy either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock kit comes with the 922r parts, I found a stock kit eventually and did the same as you, I formed one it as soon as I got it. And yeah,  there is a bunch of aftermarket support already on these.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, just the 922r kit with a Vortex Sparc. Took me a little while waiting for, then tracking down a 922r kit but scored it off 922r Kit. Best decision I've made is turning it into a SBR, super fun at the range but just hoping someone out there will come out with a drop in trigger.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The stock kit comes with the 922r parts, I found a stock kit eventually and did the same as you, I formed one it as soon as I got it. And yeah,  there is a bunch of aftermarket support already on these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So 922r basically says there needs to be a certain amount of american made parts for it to be sbr legal. If that's the case then with all the aftermarket support I'm not tied to only cz's kit correct? though I really like the folding stock so that might be a mute point.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So 922r basically says there needs to be a certain amount of american made parts for it to be sbr legal. If that's the case then with all the aftermarket support I'm not tied to only cz's kit correct? though I really like the folding stock so that might be a mute point.
View Quote

922(r) says there needs to be a certain number of American-made parts for non-sporting rifles and shotguns to be legal, period. SBRs apply because they are non-sporting.

You are currently tied to CZ's kit because they are the only ones making the applicable 922(r) compliance parts.

Moot point.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

922(r) says there needs to be a certain number of American-made parts for non-sporting rifles and shotguns to be legal, period. SBRs apply because they are non-sporting.

You are currently tied to CZ's kit because they are the only ones making the applicable 922(r) compliance parts.

Moot point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moot point.

So any of the other american made parts, ie ambi safety delete etc do not count towards the certain number of american made parts?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So any of the other american made parts, ie ambi safety delete etc do not count towards the certain number of american made parts?
View Quote

These are the only parts on the Scorpion Evo that the ATF has deemed acceptable for 922(r) compliance:

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought I saw something about the "gen 2" scorpions coming with compliance parts installed, is that incorrect or a misheard rumor?

Also, unrelatedly, does anybody know if the SiCo Hybrid and Octane share mounts? Asking since someone mentioned an Octane mount for the gen 1 Scorpion's threading.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I thought I saw something about the "gen 2" scorpions coming with compliance parts installed, is that incorrect or a misheard rumor?

Also, unrelatedly, does anybody know if the SiCo Hybrid and Octane share mounts? Asking since someone mentioned an Octane mount for the gen 1 Scorpion's threading.
View Quote

The gen 2 rifle would have to have compliance parts since it comes with a stock and isn't in a "sporting" configuration.

Gen 2 pistol would not have compliance parts by my guess.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Gen 2 pistol would not have compliance parts by my guess.
View Quote

If CZ is smart about it they'll make the pistols fully compliant out of the gate, regardless of a legal need for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top