Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2015 1:39:44 PM EDT
i hate the stupid 18mm threads,  the safety thing is retarded and the lack of ar-15 grip attachment possibilities is just silly in the 22nd or whatever century we are in....

thoughts?  i want one, but i dont wanna spend a bunch of moolah getting exactly what i want if they just gonna turn around and do all those things (and prob more) and bring it out for cheaper
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
how many guns do you own that were perfect for you right out of the box ?

with that said. I bet you are looking at 6-8 months at a minimum before a gen 2 hits the streets here. you are looking at under 100 bucks to re thread the barrel. 12 bucks or so for the replacement safety or you can cut it off yourself for fee. And if you are talking about adding a vertical fore grip well then it does not matter what gen it is. So if you want to wait that long and pay more for the base unit ( I cant see them costing less as a new model when the old one sold out) then sure wait all you want.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Not everyone wants a firearm that is interchangeable with AR parts.

They will be releasing the gen 2 next year that will have 1/2x28 threads and available in tan as well.

If you want a blowback 9mm that takes AR grips then just build a AR9 on a QC10 lower. Both would be blowback design and then you can use whatever AR grip, trigger and safety that you want not to mention rail options.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i hate the stupid 18mm threads,  the safety thing is retarded and the lack of ar-15 grip attachment possibilities is just silly in the 22nd or whatever century we are in....

thoughts?  i want one, but i dont wanna spend a bunch of moolah getting exactly what i want if they just gonna turn around and do all those things (and prob more) and bring it out for cheaper
View Quote

The safety thing? Get a stock and then see if you still complain about the safety digging into your hand. 99% of people who get a stock attached no longer experience that discomfort. I wonder why? Maybe because that's how it was designed, and the stockless pistol is not the way the gun is intended to be used?

Not every gun needs AR parts compatibility. Buy a small frame AR lower if you want that. It sounds like you don't actually want a Scorpion Evo.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The grip is fine, like others have said the safety is not an issue with a stock, and there are several adaptors already made for the 18x1 pitch including 3 lugs. If you're not going to SBR don't waste your money.

If you're going to SBR then they are awesome weapons and you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The grip is fine
View Quote

The grip could use some improvements but AR grips are not the correct answer. I would love it if CZ released a grip with the same general appearance and a steeper rake and some texture on the sides.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you basically want an AR-15?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not everyone wants a firearm that is interchangeable with AR parts.

They will be releasing the gen 2 next year that will have 1/2x28 threads and available in tan as well.

If you want a blowback 9mm that takes AR grips then just build a AR9 on a QC10 lower. Both would be blowback design and then you can use whatever AR grip, trigger and safety that you want not to mention rail options.

View Quote

For the love of God, THIS.

That said, CZ does tend to make refinements as the need arises.  I wouldn't be surprised if changed the barrel threads and the safety for 2016.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Since its an european Made gun you get the metric thread.
the safety works just fine with the stock.
The AR is not a gold standard in the firearms industry, sorry.

I think you will be more happy with a Sig MPX
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just make sure you don't buy a Gen 1 MPX...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on the don't buy a gen 1 MPX... I bought one and got rid of it within a few weeks. The fit and finish on the MPX was horrible not to mention that god awful floppy charging handle. Why the fan boys make such a fuss over that weapon I will never understand.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why the fan boys make such a fuss over that weapon I will never understand.
View Quote

....because they're fanboys. Fanboys do that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#12]
this is the only after market grip i have seen and link was stolen from here
  http://www.yetiwurks.com
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
So what are the changes being made?
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeti works grip, HBi ak style safety.  Problems solved.  What are you wanting to put on the muzzle that the threads are giving you such a hard time.  A lot of people make adapters and sico even makes a fixed barrel thread mount for their octane cans.  You could always have the portion past the handguard nut threaded whatever you want.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So what are the changes being made?
View Quote

Read. the. threads.

1/2x28 muzzle threading
FDE color option
QD socket on the removable butt plate
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Isnt a carbine w/16 inch barrel in the works?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeti works grip, HBi ak style safety.  Problems solved.  What are you wanting to put on the muzzle that the threads are giving you such a hard time.  A lot of people make adapters and sico even makes a fixed barrel thread mount for their octane cans.  You could always have the portion past the handguard nut threaded whatever you want.
View Quote

Speaking from experience,  if you change to the Yeti Wurks grip the safety is fine as is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Isnt a carbine w/16 inch barrel in the works?
View Quote

Yes. Colon Noir did a nice video with them. Search Scorpion carbine on Youtube. Should be the first video that comes up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#19]
This is true as it does not interfere with  the safety at that point.  However the HBi ak style safety is much easier to work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't even know the current century and you're calling the scorpion stupid?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top