Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2015 1:16:17 PM EDT
My buffer disintegrated while shooting, I got a new one and set out to install it today, when I opened the gun some parts fell out.

None of the reassembly instructions available tell me how to put these parts back.

Is something else broken?

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Bottom is your hammer strut strut spring and strut retainer here is a schematic for you check it out.
camp schemetic
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I can identify all three parts on that schematic, but I still can't figure out how they go back together, or if something is broken.

Anybody else have this issue after their buffer failed?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
12minutes 20 seconds into the video it shows how to install it, Best I can do to help you out as I have never owned one.
youtube video camp 9 trigger assembly reassembly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I can identify all three parts on that schematic, but I still can't figure out how they go back together, or if something is broken.

Anybody else have this issue after their buffer failed?
View Quote

Actually a lot of people have had that problem. When I got my first Camp the first thing I did was take it apart and replace the buffer with a "Black Jack" one. The Camp had a history of the buffer failing. It was due to the material they used to make it. Oil and gun cleaners that people sprayed in the action caused it to bread down. People kept firing the rifle until it broke the strut and sometimes cracked the stocks.

At one time you could buy a complete strut assembly. They came all assembled with a pin in them that holds them together until you install them. Here is a picture of that:
Strut assembly

Lots of places sell new struts. Brownells, MidwayUSA, etc. Here is just the strut offered on ebay: Strut bridge

There is a ton of information out there on this. Videos on how to put it together, parts diagrams, etc. Just do a little searching , you will find it.  I am on my second Camp 9. I have a good buffer and never have an issue. My rule has always been when I get a used rifle to first do some research on it. I learn all I can before shooting it. Then I take it down and do a very good inspection of all the parts and get to know the firearm. I never take anything for granted. Heck, I even take new ones apart first. But, I have been shooting for many years and learned some lessons the hard way.

Good luck with it. Its pretty simple once you see how it goes in.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Got rid of my Camp 9 because of this. They are built like a sporting rifle, not a military weapon. They seem fragile on the inside
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got rid of my Camp 9 because of this. They are built like a sporting rifle, not a military weapon. They seem fragile on the inside
View Quote

But they were built as a sporting rifle....and they hold up quite well in that capacity.

The Ruger PC-9 (Police Carbine 9mm) as built as a law enforcement rifle. Hence they are built much more sturdy. (and heavier).

I have a few different 9mm carbines. The Camp is a nice rifle for what it is. Sort of built along the lines of an M-1 carbine, a rifle that was extremely popular back in the 1960's, the AR of their day. Now for heavy duty shooting of 9mm I take out my JRC.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

But they were built as a sporting rifle....and they hold up quite well in that capacity.

The Ruger PC-9 (Police Carbine 9mm) as built as a law enforcement rifle. Hence they are built much more sturdy. (and heavier).

I have a few different 9mm carbines. The Camp is a nice rifle for what it is. Sort of built along the lines of an M-1 carbine, a rifle that was extremely popular back in the 1960's, the AR of their day. Now for heavy duty shooting of 9mm I take out my JRC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought my Camp 9 in 2004 before the AWB sunset. It felt no where near as robust as an M1 carbine. It was extremely accurate. I got rid of it once I got into ARs. I had $300 invested into it with several mags and traded it for a lower, upper, a few LPKs and a BCG.

I kind of wish I still had it, it was definitely a great "Camp" gun. It just wasn't something I would want to run hundreds of rounds through every weekend.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to the experts

Marlin Owners Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top