Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 2:50:18 PM EDT
Found some for us getting impatient on the 922r kits.  I'm sure they will sell fast.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/CZ-SCORPION-EVO-3-S1-Shoulder-stock-assembly-plastic-join-/161851775323?nav=SEARCH
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You fucker. I rushed to the cz web store before I clicked the thread. :(

The ebay seller is already sold out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You fucker. I rushed to the cz web store before I clicked the thread. :(

The ebay seller is already sold out.
View Quote

They sold out in 20 minutes
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm anxious for a stock too, but I'm going to wait for the metal mount version.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would anyone rush to get these 2nd rate plastic mount stocks at $165? The "real" stocks will be here soon.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would anyone rush to get these 2nd rate plastic mount stocks at $165? The "real" stocks will be here soon.
View Quote

Those are real stocks
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those are real stocks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are real stocks

Yeah, real as in real plastic joint.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are real stocks

Does that make it not "real"?  What do you plan on doing with it that would break it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does that make it not "real"?  What do you plan on doing with it that would break it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are real stocks

Why pay full price for a plastic hinge stock? These are not as will be released by CZ. Hopefully they aren't just more air soft stocks for those who rushed to buy them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why pay full price for a plastic hinge stock? These are not as will be released by CZ. Hopefully they aren't just more air soft stocks for those who rushed to buy them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are real stocks

These were released by CZ.  Have you been seeing reports of them breaking under normal use?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

"soon"
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
No reports needed. I'll wait for the much stronger metal hinge, rubber buttpad, and magnet for closing stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking forward to the real thing.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Any regulations on buying gun parts out of country? I know there is for me sending them out of country.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#14]
My real OEM polymer stock works great.. Why all these complains?!

ETA: I'm inEU and been using the Evo since 2013
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the airsoft stock and sold it for $100. I'll wait for my $149 922r kit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My real OEM polymer stock works great.. Why all these complains?!

ETA: I'm inEU and been using the Evo since 2013
View Quote

the person in question complains about many things...
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]
6 days from purchase and I have my "second rate" "not real" real CZ Scorpion Evo S1 stock straight from the Czech Republic.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the length of the stock fully collapsed?  Looks great!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Fantastic.  Cannot wait for my Form 1 to get approved.

Now, if I could just decide on an optic for this thing........
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is the length of the stock fully collapsed?  Looks great!

Thanks.
View Quote

9"
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
It is solid and high quality
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah it's rock solid, I love mine.
The only thing I dont really like is that in order to block it in the folded position it must be fully collapsed.
I guess it's not an issue for those wearing body armor for work.

ETA: interesting they're still selling the Gen1. I've seen Gen2 stocks only on full auto guns
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Wish I would have gotten in on this. My form 1 has been approved for 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#25]
The new version stocks with metal mounts, rubber buttpad, and magnet are where it's at. There almost here according to CZ. Good things come to those who wait!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The new version stocks with metal mounts, rubber buttpad, and magnet are where it's at. There almost here according to CZ. Good things come to those who wait!
View Quote

Good things already came yesterday
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I will probably try to grab one of the new stocks even though I don't have an Evo yet.  It seems like one of those things that can vanish shortly after it appears for sale.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I will probably try to grab one of the new stocks even though I don't have an Evo yet.  It seems like one of those things that can vanish shortly after it appears for sale.
View Quote

Im expecting to see a lot of the kits on gunbroker within 24 hours of the release for $350-400. I probably wont be able to get one in the first batch seeing my luck with mags, but I can wait.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Im expecting to see a lot of the kits on gunbroker within 24 hours of the release for $350-400. I probably wont be able to get one in the first batch seeing my luck with mags, but I can wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is CZ will have a purchase one only limit on the kits when they are released.  They have limited mag quantities also in the past.

Edit:  Just checked and CZ has mags in stock but limit 4 per order.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Check Greg Cote often. They have a limit of twelve on the magazines.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy it but MUCH better versions are almost here.... for the same pricing structure... and come with compliance. It seems silly to wait all this time... and then go with an all plastic version right before the good stuff hits.

The stocks are also going to be WAY WAY easier to obtain than the mags were. Everyone with a Scorpion wants mags but only a small fraction have an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Enjoy it but MUCH better versions are almost here.... for the same pricing structure... and come with compliance. It seems silly to wait all this time... and then go with an all plastic version right before the good stuff hits.

The stocks are also going to be WAY WAY easier to obtain than the mags were. Everyone with a Scorpion wants mags but only a small fraction have an SBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree on it being a much better version.  The magnet and rubber but pad don't really constitute an improvement in my opinion.  I haven't seen this metal hinge or how it is even attached to the buttstock.  It could make a weak point compared to a solid one piece. I mean the entire gun is plastic.  I know metal is stronger than plastic but the plastic still is attached to the metal and I could see that as being a weak point.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone checked with CzechPoint USA on the stocks?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever tried to break a solid piece of PA6/PA66 filled filled with fiberglass? Just curious..
I did since Iworked in the polymer injection industry for a while.. It's not easy as you may think trust me..
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Pretty funny how some people are complaing about a plastic hinge on a plastic gun
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pretty funny how some people are complaing about a plastic hinge on a plastic gun
View Quote

It's not an equivalent comparison. The stock will be taking strong lateral stress on a small and not particularly robust hinge.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's not an equivalent comparison. The stock will be taking strong lateral stress on a small and not particularly robust hinge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know how robust it is?  It was built for the machine gun version and I don'tthink 9mm causes strong lateral stress and besides when it is open how much stress is actually on the hinge?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not complaining or anything but my question would be, if the plastic was sufficient why was it changed to metal? I would think the plastic would be easier and less expensive to make.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not complaining or anything but my question would be, if the plastic was sufficient why was it changed to metal? I would think the plastic would be easier and less expensive to make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm no expert in the manufacturing industry but maybe a metal hinge was easier the manufacture in the US than an injection molded hinge.  I could see making the molds might be more complicated than plugging in specs into a CAD program and just letting a machine carve it out.  I don't know though it's just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The stock will be taking strong lateral stress on a small and not particularly robust hinge.
View Quote

Are you guys going to shoot the crap out of it or playing baseball?!

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I have seen a few subguns with plastic stocks mounted on plastic hinges. My TP9 is a plastic stock with a plastic hinge (held by a metal pin). I've got thousands of rounds down my TP9 and the stock is still tight and shows no signs of failure... and it is a wee thing compared to the overengineered beef the Scorpion has.

I've already got stock kit on order with KVAR, but honestly I'd rather have the hard plastic butt and the clasp retainer over the rubber butt / magnet arrangement. Magnets just sound chincy to me, but I'm sure both stocks are good.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have seen a few subguns with plastic stocks mounted on plastic hinges. My TP9 is a plastic stock with a plastic hinge (held by a metal pin). I've got thousands of rounds down my TP9 and the stock is still tight and shows no signs of failure... and it is a wee thing compared to the overengineered beef the Scorpion has.

I've already got stock kit on order with KVAR, but honestly I'd rather have the hard plastic butt and the clasp retainer over the rubber butt / magnet arrangement. Magnets just sound chincy to me, but I'm sure both stocks are good.
View Quote

Are the hinges on the SCAR plastic also?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. At least on my gen 1 they are. The stock slides onto a metal mount but the hinge itself is plastic with a metal pin.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yup. At least on my gen 1 they are. The stock slides onto a metal mount but the hinge itself is plastic with a metal pin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pin on the Scorpion stock is metal also
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Also the ARX has a polymer hinge

ETA: btw the magnet on the far superior Gen2 stock is supposed to stick on the S/N plate.. So the function is still limited to the fully collapsed position
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm no expert in the manufacturing industry but maybe a metal hinge was easier the manufacture in the US than an injection molded hinge.  I could see making the molds might be more complicated than plugging in specs into a CAD program and just letting a machine carve it out.  I don't know though it's just a thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not going to jump into the bickering as I decided for my own reasons to wait. I just wanted to point out the stock is made in Europe not the US
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bad example: the SCAR's stock has always been a flimsy piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was simply about updating to a better product for a new market. Nothing to do with ease of manufacturing. You haven't seen the two side by side? There's pics out there. The whole mount is metal to increase strength and durability.... and the rubber buttpad is great for a few obvious reasons. The old version stock would be fine but at a discounted rate. The new and much better built stock is the same price ....but you get your compliant parts at same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top