Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2015 7:50:53 PM EDT
Been trying to see one locally and finally got lucky. I think they did a good job with it. Main reason I am interested in it is the threaded barrel. I have a earlier model that I have been considering SBR'ing for a few years now so maybe I can get on that

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice find.  I too someday would like to get a gen 2 to go with my Sub 2k.  I really like the improvements they did with the gen 2.  Still waiting myself to look at one in person.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice find.  I too someday would like to get a gen 2 to go with my Sub 2k.  I really like the improvements they did with the gen 2.  Still waiting myself to look at one in person.
View Quote

That's been my holdup too. I was pretty sure I wanted it but wasn't going to buy one without actually handling one. Seems to be a little cleaner all around than my older gun. I like most of the changes if not all.

New pic rails are nice. There is a little play but I am tempted to throw a red dot on there and see if it will hold zero. The new latch is easier to use and it latches to the forend instead of the front sight. Front sight frame is all metal and feels solid. Trigger still sucks.

This gun may actually get me out to the range
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Which caliber?  Looks like the Glock mag version

I really like the gen one .40 since I shoot a lot of that caliber and have a shit ton of mags for it.

I'm #1 on the list at my lgs for a gen 2 in 9mm, which I can't wait to shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I really like the gen one .40 since I shoot a lot of that caliber and have a shit ton of mags for it.

I'm #1 on the list at my lgs for a gen 2 in 9mm, which I can't wait to shoot suppressed.
View Quote

isn't it a blow back action, suppressed wont be amazing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
i have one on order with Kel Tec. I expect it sometime in 2017 Oh well, I had a Gen 1 and sold if for almost $1k after Sandy Hook. Since, I've SBR'ed a Scorpion and .300BLK. I can wait!
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? The 9mm ARs I've been around were pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

9mm Glock mags. I saw the rumors that eventually there will be M&P compatible guns and I will grab one if they ever actually show up. Until then I already have a bunch of mags for the other gun so I'm set.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
How much $?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Did they use a different polymer on the gen 2 guns? It looks different in the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How much $?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How much $?

Quoted:
Did they use a different polymer on the gen 2 guns? It looks different in the pictures.

I am no polymer expert so I can't say if it's different but it looks better and feels a little smoother. For all I know that could be a result of the mould.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am no polymer expert so I can't say if it's different but it looks better and feels a little smoother. For all I know that could be a result of the mould.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much $?

Quoted:

Most likely glass or carbon fiber filled polymer.

There are a few things that can change the look of the finish without changing the material.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Are these available in Glock 19 versions? I mean 'available' in the will eventually be made.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are these available in Glock 19 versions? I mean 'available' in the will eventually be made.
View Quote

No way to know. They made a few of the older ones 19 length.

The beauty is you can just cut the grip yourself since there is nothing in there. That is what most people do when they have 19 mags they want to use.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would get the 17 version. I have a friend that has the 19 cut and I don't like it one bit. I get the mag compatibility, but really just get some extra 17 mags and they will work in your Kel Tec and Glock 19.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would get the 17 version. I have a friend that has the 19 cut and I don't like it one bit. I get the mag compatibility, but really just get some extra 17 mags and they will work in your Kel Tec and Glock 19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing I forgot to mention is that the 19 grip is super short on these guns. The geometry is a little different so it isn't exactly like the pistols. The 19 grip almost won't fit my whole hand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One thing I forgot to mention is that the 19 grip is super short on these guns. The geometry is a little different so it isn't exactly like the pistols. The 19 grip almost won't fit my whole hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. The 17 grip I used to own was awesome, the 19 sucked. The 19 grip on the Sub2k was more like a Glock 26 feel. Def go with the 17 grip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice find!
I was on the fence about looking for a gen 2 since I already have a gen 1. The threaded barrel hooked me though. Now I've got to have one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice find!
I was on the fence about looking for a gen 2 since I already have a gen 1. The threaded barrel hooked me though. Now I've got to have one.
View Quote

My feelings exactly. I also didn't realize the slots were Mlok so I am going to start looking and see what my options are for accessories. Thinking at least a light.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I just bought one for $500 from DEguns, it will be $544.99 by the time I have it in hand, looks like I overpaid. .

They still had some this morning if anyone else wants one at that price and is willing to buy sight unseen.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Far enough down the road you won't remember the few extra bucks you spent. I would have probably paid the same but got lucky locally.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Far enough down the road you won't remember the few extra bucks you spent. I would have probably paid the same but got lucky locally.
View Quote

I'm sure you are correct, as long as this one isn't a lemon!

On further reading I see that in addition to the M-Lok slots it has rails on the top and bottom of the handguard. I have an old Streamlight M-3X weaponlight. Do you see any reason I couldn't slip it in the bottom rail?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just bought one for $500 from DEguns, it will be $544.99 by the time I have it in hand, looks like I overpaid. .

They still had some this morning if anyone else wants one at that price and is willing to buy sight unseen.

View Quote

I sold a Gen 1 during the Sandy Hook panic for almost $1k. Buy another Gen2 when you find a better deal. You'll figure out the rest.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

On further reading I see that in addition to the M-Lok slots it has rails on the top and bottom of the handguard. I have an old Streamlight M-3X weaponlight. Do you see any reason I couldn't slip it in the bottom rail?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the pistol lights dont play well with picatinny rails. One of the reasons I like the TLR is its mounting system allows you to crank it down on just about any rail. Since I haven't played much with the M3s I can't say for sure.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

9mm Glock mags. I saw the rumors that eventually there will be M&P compatible guns and I will grab one if they ever actually show up. Until then I already have a bunch of mags for the other gun so I'm set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just took a look at the LEO price list for 2015 and the M&P isn't on there. They do have the Glock 19 for the Gen2 for 2015. The others listed were Glock 22, 23 and 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 and S&W 59. Don't really know why they'd make a 59 Series Smith and not an M&P. I'd email them and let them know there is interest in the M&P grip.

And for those that want to know, a Gen2 Glock 17 grip in black and parkerized is $356.25 for LEO folks. You can get the plastic in different colors and there are other metal treatments that are priced accordingly. I am not going to list them all. I will say the most expensive is a tan grip, nickel boron bbl and that's $406.25.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Always wanted one of these.  Now that I have a Glock 34, I should probably get one.

While I appreciate the new features, I think that I prefer the looks of the old version.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just took a look at the LEO price list for 2015 and the M&P isn't on there. They do have the Glock 19 for the Gen2 for 2015. The others listed were Glock 22, 23 and 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 and S&W 59. Don't really know why they'd make a 59 Series Smith and not an M&P. I'd email them and let them know there is interest in the M&P grip.

And for those that want to know, a Gen2 Glock 17 grip in black and parkerized is $356.25 for LEO folks. You can get the plastic in different colors and there are other metal treatments that are priced accordingly. I am not going to list them all. I will say the most expensive is a tan grip, nickel boron bbl and that's $406.25.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like the options haven't changed. As far as ordering the non Glock models I warn that you better be patient. As hard as the Glock models are to find the sig/beretta etc models are like unicorns
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  I just took a look at the LEO price list for 2015 and the M&P isn't on there. They do have the Glock 19 for the Gen2 for 2015. The others listed were Glock 22, 23 and 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 and S&W 59. Don't really know why they'd make a 59 Series Smith and not an M&P. I'd email them and let them know there is interest in the M&P grip.

View Quote

The SUB-2000 was introduced during the AWB, and lots of things did then and still do take the old S&W hi-cap mags.  The little Taurus G2 111 still does, I believe.  The Beretta, SIG, & S&W versions only differ from each other by an interchangeable mag catch, if they've carried that over from the plastic Gen 1.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like the options haven't changed. As far as ordering the non Glock models I warn that you better be patient. As hard as the Glock models are to find the sig/beretta etc models are like unicorns
View Quote

That's been my experience, mostly G17 versions, then G19s, sometimes the S&W version but have yet to actually see a Beretta or Sig version available. Wish I'd known it was just a matter of changing the mag catch as I'd been looking for a Beretta or Sig 9mm for years. The rails on the gen II has me interested again, most options for mounting optics on a gen I aren't great, the ones that are, are expensive.
And agreed on the G19 grip version, while I can easily get all my fingers on my G19 there's nowhere to put my pinky finger on the grip of a G19 KT.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The SUB-2000 was introduced during the AWB, and lots of things did then and still do take the old S&W hi-cap mags.  The little Taurus G2 111 still does, I believe.  The Beretta, SIG, & S&W versions only differ from each other by an interchangeable mag catch, if they've carried that over from the plastic Gen 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I just took a look at the LEO price list for 2015 and the M&P isn't on there. They do have the Glock 19 for the Gen2 for 2015. The others listed were Glock 22, 23 and 17, Sig 226, Beretta 92 and S&W 59. Don't really know why they'd make a 59 Series Smith and not an M&P. I'd email them and let them know there is interest in the M&P grip.

Good point. Carry on Kel Tec, but they should add the M&P line too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Good point. Carry on Kel Tec, but they should add the M&P line too.
View Quote

I'm not sure M&P has as much market penetration as Springfield does.  It's certainly nowhere near Glock.  The SIG, Beretta, & old S&W mags only differ in the mag catch, and were all derived directly from Browning's HiPower.  Kel-Tec is a VERY conservative company - they will produce a M&P magazine version once the market has been screaming for it for 5 years, and there are already other S&W carbines on the market.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not sure M&P has as much market penetration as Springfield does.  It's certainly nowhere near Glock.  The SIG, Beretta, & old S&W mags only differ in the mag catch, and were all derived directly from Browning's HiPower.  Kel-Tec is a VERY conservative company - they will produce a M&P magazine version once the market has been screaming for it for 5 years, and there are already other S&W carbines on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Good point. Carry on Kel Tec, but they should add the M&P line too.

Or 2016, whichever comes first.

From their website:
"The 9mm SUB-2000™ can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92,  SIG226.

The .40 SUB-2000™ can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK22, GLK23, BERETTA96, S&W4006, SIG226.

SUB-2000™ will be configured in the Smith and Wesson M&P variant in 2016. "
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

From their website:
"The 9mm SUB-2000™ can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92,  SIG226.

The .40 SUB-2000™ can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK22, GLK23, BERETTA96, S&W4006, SIG226.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm not sure M&P has as much market penetration as Springfield does.  It's certainly nowhere near Glock.  The SIG, Beretta, & old S&W mags only differ in the mag catch, and were all derived directly from Browning's HiPower.  Kel-Tec is a VERY conservative company - they will produce a M&P magazine version once the market has been screaming for it for 5 years, and there are already other S&W carbines on the market.

From their website:

That's 2016 in Kel-Tec years.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw a gen2 at the last gun show, I really like the changes. It's on my list to get before the next election.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I saw a gen2 at the last gun show, I really like the changes. It's on my list to get before the next election.  
View Quote

Buy two!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More importantly to Kel-Tec their P-11 pistol uses S&W magazines.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Some of the pistol lights dont play well with picatinny rails. One of the reasons I like the TLR is its mounting system allows you to crank it down on just about any rail. Since I haven't played much with the M3s I can't say for sure.
View Quote

I received shipping notification today so once I have it in hand I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]
NVM.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice find.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Update, I picked mine up today and the Streamlight  M-3X locks on the bottom rail just fine. Glock magazines lock in just fine but the Magpul magazine that came with it doesn't. It doesn't lock in without the bolt locked back and me really pressing hard. It does lock in my G26 just fine, I'll fiddle with it more tonight. I can't get to the range until next week but I'll post an quick review when I do.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Update, I picked mine up today and the Streamlight  M-3X locks on the bottom rail just fine. Glock magazines lock in just fine but the Magpul magazine that came with it doesn't. It doesn't lock in without the bolt locked back and me really pressing hard. It does lock in my G26 just fine, I'll fiddle with it more tonight. I can't get to the range until next week but I'll post an quick review when I do.
View Quote

My magpul mag inserted and locked in but if you seated it even a little hard good luck getting it out.

The Glock mags have no issue.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Need to make the picture public first.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#43]

I'd probably pay $339 for one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I actually saw a gen 2 in a gun shop today . It was the first time seeing a gen 1 or 2 anywhere.

They wanted $420 something. I probably would have paid that but it was a .40, not interested. The guy said they also got 3 9mm in this month and all sold just about instantly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top