Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2015 6:39:56 PM EDT
I keep looking at it and looking at it. I have a old school IwI uzi I love.... Got the mpx which is amazing.... Evo... Amazing ... Kriss...amazing and now I want this little beast.. But only if it can be sbred.... Anyone have any info or personal story of sbring these? Or just any personal preference from owners? I just love IwI guns and figured If their was even the slightest chance Of making this look like the isrialies I will drop the coin in a heart beat..

This basically but with a new trijicon mini red dot!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
cray
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think anyone has a stamp back yet on one so there won't be too many experiences to share, but once I see that the factory stock is available I'll jump on one and file the form 1. Unfortuantely I don't think you'll see that Tavor-style lower available though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent my Form1 in to SBR my UZI Pro already and it is pending so I still cant add a stock yet.  Talked with the guys at IWI today and they told me they are not sure if or when they will produce the stock.  They did say the folding Arm Brace had basically the same profile as the stock without the cheek riser and pictures of the factory stock in the wild confirms this.  It would be very easy to mill off the top loop, remove the Velcro strap, and reshape the rear of the brace to look exactly like the stock.  You would then need to shape and laminate on a butt pad which I have the equipment to do the job.  They also said the folding braces have been made and are already shipped.  They expect to have them for sale in the next couple of weeks.  Dropped my barrel off at my local smith to have it threaded 1/2x28 so I can use my AAC TiRANT suppressor on it.  Have only shot about 500 rounds through it so far but it has run flawlessly with an assortment of FMJ, TMJ, both 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr.  And a few hollow points.  Recoil impulse is pretty light and very accurate with a mini red dot.  Will be even more accurate when I can shoulder it.  The thing I really like about it is that the mags are relatively cheap (compared to the MPX mags).  $18 for 20 rounders, $20 for 25 rounders, & $22 for 32 rounders.

Just what I heard

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the pic that got me hooked I guess you are right.... I could even fab my own stock once the paperwork clears....I guess I'll quit being a staller and take the punches tomorrow... Thanks for the write up and your Uzi is beautiful..
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That's disappointing to hear that they're not sure if they will produce or import the stock. It's pretty useless unless SBR'd IMO, and I would need a stock for that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's disappointing to hear that they're not sure if they will produce or import the stock. It's pretty useless unless SBR'd IMO, and I would need a stock for that.
View Quote

Well according to IWI the folding brace has the same profile as the stock so if you have the brace and your Form1 is approved, THEN YOU DO HAVE A STOCKED SBR.  

That's good enough for me.

JMHO
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone has a stamp back yet on one so there won't be too many experiences to share, but once I see that the factory stock is available I'll jump on one and file the form 1. Unfortuantely I don't think you'll see that Tavor-style lower available though.
View Quote

This is what has kept me from buying one.  If they release that lower/VFG I'll get one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
This looks like a opertunity to build something cool... What do you guys think... Adapter for a ace... Kinda been done to everything.. Maybe a wire stock Much like the older style micro version... I think we can make this happen.. I was thinking of a 1913 triple rail adapter that cages the barrel and gives you a spot for a laser and light and vert grip... I will start drawing up some plans... I think we could have something cool coming down the uzi pro path hear soon
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm hoping the street price of these goes down as I NEED one for my PCC collection.  The new lower sucks for someone like me who wanted the original style Uzi Pistol, but at least the mags aren't ungodly expensive.  It really pissed me off to find out B+T MP9/TP9 magazines jumped up to $69.99 a piece.  Really, how many American shooters are B+T going to get when their BLOWBACK APC9 costs more than the TP9?  The damn thing is made from aluminum extrusions and is bolted together with Torx bolts.  

That said, the Uzi Pro I held felt really nice in my big hands.  (My full-size USP fits my hand *Perfectly* for comparison).  There's a 1000 people out there that will say it doesn't do anything a Glock XX with XX round magazine does better.  Except when you want to put a stock on it or maybe purchase a weapon that likely isn't going to be offered forever in the USA.  

I would say jump on it now while you can.  No way of knowing how the panic buying is going to be this election cycle.  

You've got a sweet collection of primo semi-Sub Guns.  German, Czech, Swiss.....you need some Israeli in there
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm hoping the street price of these goes down as I NEED one for my PCC collection.  The new lower sucks for someone like me who wanted the original style Uzi Pistol, but at least the mags aren't ungodly expensive.  It really pissed me off to find out B+T MP9/TP9 magazines jumped up to $69.99 a piece.  Really, how many American shooters are B+T going to get when their BLOWBACK APC9 costs more than the TP9?  The damn thing is made from aluminum extrusions and is bolted together with Torx bolts.  

That said, the Uzi Pro I held felt really nice in my big hands.  (My full-size USP fits my hand *Perfectly* for comparison).  There's a 1000 people out there that will say it doesn't do anything a Glock XX with XX round magazine does better.  Except when you want to put a stock on it or maybe purchase a weapon that likely isn't going to be offered forever in the USA.  

I would say jump on it now while you can.  No way of knowing how the panic buying is going to be this election cycle.  

You've got a sweet collection of primo semi-Sub Guns.  German, Czech, Swiss.....you need some Israeli in there
View Quote

What do you think the street price should be?  Mine was $950 which may be a little high but I couldn't pass this one up because of the serial number (911) and I needed a 9mm SBR for my collection.  I have a short Israeli made K Grip that would be perfect for this.  I will show pictures as soon as my Tax Stamp comes back.  I will be running an AAC TiRANT suppressor on it and would definitely buy a short railed forend for it if you made one.  I am going to mod the folding arm brace to the same dimensions as the factory folding stock but if you made a wire stock like the Micro's had I would buy that as well. Can never have too many stocks and handguards for each SBR.  I like changing things up every now and then.  This puppy fits perfectly between my SBR'd VZ61 and SBR'd Kriss Vector.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've watched the price of the Tavor since it was introduced, and based on that, I don't think the street price is really going to go down.  I would love to pay $800, but IWI weapons have never been cheap.    I would say you paid a fair price, especially considering they just came out.  I would have paid extra for that serial number, personally.  

But, I'm just a cheap SOB

You've got a sweet SBR collection.  I'm always surprised at how small the VZ-61s are.  Some dude here had a great pic of one next to a Vz58 magazine.

You probably already know, but Numrich Gun Parts has Micro Uzi Parts kits.  They are a huge % of what you paid for the weapon, but it included the factory folder and an old-style lower.  

ETA: I really dig the FDE/Black color scheme BTW.  You could call it "Tactical Two-Tone"
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep... This is my third 9mm gun this year... They keep making cool guns...it's getting hard on the wallet but totally worth it... took the day off and made a Uzi run...what a great Thursday!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't have "one" picture with all of my SBR's but I wanted the UZI Pro because it would fit right in between these two SBR's.  The SBR'd Kriss only has a 5" bbl. but looks longer because it is sporting an AAC TiRANT suppressor and Diamond Head extended handguard.  The Skorpion is one of my favorites because it bumps from the shoulder at about 600 rpm.  It takes only two seconds to empty a mag but I can keep them all on a man sized target at 12 yards.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice Kriss..

Ok ok so excited about this little gun... Pulled some parts from another gun to moch this up... So if I build a adapter to fit the back plate has a slight can't down and excepts a ar stock... And folds to the left side.and has storage for the cleaning kit.. Who wants one? When I get my paperwork back I might start making these and a rail system for this little beast... Been thinking about starting a gun company and it might be time.... Got a bunch of products I have been cooking in my little brain and I think it's time to make it happen....stay tuned fellow Uzi brothers..

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Sparks556

I would definitely be interested.  Do you ever frequent the UZI Forum?  I am sure you could generate a lot of interest there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
No I haven't I will have to check it out.... Just a huge Uzi fan and a little late to the game...
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats on the UZI pro. I wonder if a mini Uzi wire folder would be possible, or even a TP9 stock. I think something minimalist would be nice on such a small platform.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Sparks556,

Check out the AR stocks called the "minimalist" by Mission First Tactical.  They have a profile that would would be perfect for this build.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#19]
On it... Thinking like wire folder with a small rubber pad like the magpul.. Maybe with a micro adjustable cheek rest? We have the power..what ya think skull and cross bones on the rubber pad or is that to pirate?.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sparks556,

Check out the AR stocks called the "minimalist" by Mission First Tactical.  They have a profile that would would be perfect for this build.
View Quote

And yes on the stock I see the ak operators Union running them all the time.. Would look nice...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Pulled my end cap off to see how we could attach a home made stock.  Both the factory arm brace and stock slip over the dove tail slots on the sides and two roll pins hold them in place.  There is no room to drill and tap or bolt through the rear of the receiver because the bolt has to bottom out against the back of the receiver.  Anything we make that doesn't use the dove tail/pin method will have to be welded on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Patiently waiting on the factory folding arm brace for my UZI Pro
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Patiently waiting on the factory folding arm brace for my UZI Pro
View Quote

Shouldn't have to wait very long.  IWI told me yesterday they have already shipped and should be available for sale on their site in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pulled my end cap off to see how we could attach a home made stock.  Both the factory arm brace and stock slip over the dove tail slots on the sides and two roll pins hold them in place.  There is no room to drill and tap or bolt through the rear of the receiver because the bolt has to bottom out against the back of the receiver.  Anything we make that doesn't use the dove tail/pin method will have to be welded on.
View Quote

I was going to use the dove tail and pins for my creation...easy peasy...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#25]
hope to see some pictures soon because I would probably be a customer if you decided to make them to sell.  For now I am going to get an arm brace when available, mill the top loop off, trash the Velcro strap, shave the front and back to look like a factory folder and shape and laminate a Packmayer recoil pad on it to function like a real stock.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice I should change the topic of this thread to.... How bad ass is your Uzi pro... It could be a hole lot of awesome before we are threw!!

Ran the hell outta mine today and it is pretty fricken sweet it just screams for a stock and rail system... IwI well done as usual..and forgive my goofy shooting get up it was hot and smoky as hell..I was not trying to be operatorish... I am far from that just a gun nut... The under armor and camo made me feel a little poser ish for posting on arfcom but... It is what it is I guess... Judging by the smoke in the air it Seems like the hole west cost is on fire and lofting over Wyoming....think we all need some rain or snow soon..
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a wider 1913 rail with two pin holes for the retainer pins I'll take pics for you guys tonight when I get off the mountain.. This is right up Maticores line of expertise... on that note you guys going to make the cz scorpion sliding stock? I think I seen a pic a while back of something pretty sweet...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes we are working on a sliding stock for the Scorpion EVO.  

Pics of the Uzi Pro rear would be sweet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a wider 1913 rail with two pin holes for the retainer pins I'll take pics for you guys tonight when I get off the mountain.. This is right up Maticores line of expertise... on that note you guys going to make the cz scorpion sliding stock? I think I seen a pic a while back of something pretty sweet...

Sven,

This is a good excuse for you to add an UZI Pro to your collection.  That way you will have the receiver to use for experimentation to get the final version of your stock.  Look forward to more options than the single option IWI will be offering.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

An excuse to get an Uzi Pro in the collection was the whole point.  

Likely something we will look at closer to the end of the year, got a lot going on right now.  Will make for a good winter project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven,

This is a good excuse for you to add an UZI Pro to your collection.  That way you will have the receiver to use for experimentation to get the final version of your stock.  Look forward to more options than the single option IWI will be offering.

An excuse to get an Uzi Pro in the collection was the whole point.  

Likely something we will look at closer to the end of the year, got a lot going on right now.  Will make for a good winter project.

Remember, take lots of pictures of your progress.  I have some of your stuff (triangular AK stock, MSAR scope mount) but would really like to see your products in "development".  Kind of like the pictures you took of the Mini Draco hand guards in the raw.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Did IWI mention if the folding braces are coming from Israel, or from SB Tactical here in the states?

I'm really excited to get the folding arm brace for my Pro.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok pulled the rear cap and snapped a few photos for the guys who were asking about it this is for you... Once my paperwork clears I will begging the Uzi pro stock and rail quest... With my barbaric metalworking skills I might be able to make something decent but... Yep for all you other home smiths...walla

Pretty simple two pins and the cap comes off..

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#35]
922r?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Did IWI mention if the folding braces are coming from Israel, or from SB Tactical here in the states?

I'm really excited to get the folding arm brace for my Pro.
View Quote

They didn't mention where they were being made and shipped from.  Only said they were shipped and should be available for sale in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
922r?  
View Quote

You should write the ATF.  Clear it all up for us.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#39]
deleted
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
922r?  

No, I'm asking what US parts are available, as OP can't legally SBR this pistol without replacing quite a few parts, unless I'm missing something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#41]
not sure if pistols are being made I. The U.S. Or not... Will have to contact IwI...also it is a new product and I am sure one the popularity shoots up a bit we will see more parts coming to market from American gun companies... If we make stocks and have the barrel threaded for a American pig flash hider as what I am thinking then there is two just a few more and wala... Cool Uzi spr...as I look into this little project I'll keep everyone posted and i am sure their is some more Uzi lovers looking into the same quest.... were this is a will there is a way...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#42]
A more interesting question would be "how many parts would need to be changed to make it 922r compliant".  The pistol never had a stock so that would not be one, it never had a handguard so that would not be one, it never had a muzzle device so that would not be one.  You can't change out the upper or lower so the only things I can think of are mag base plates and fire control parts.  If the say it would be three parts then just adding a stock, muzzle device and some sort of handguard may be the ticket.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:  A more interesting question would be "how many parts would need to be changed to make it 922r compliant".  The pistol never had a stock so that would not be one, it never had a handguard so that would not be one, it never had a muzzle device so that would not be one.  You can't change out the upper or lower so the only things I can think of are mag base plates and fire control parts.  If the say it would be three parts then just adding a stock, muzzle device and some sort of handguard may be the ticket.
View Quote

When one makes it an SBR, one is manufacturing a rifle according to BATFE, so @ that point the stock & muzzle devices do count.  If one could find US made magazines you'd probably be in dutch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When one makes it an SBR, one is manufacturing a rifle according to BATFE, so @ that point the stock & muzzle devices do count.  If one could find US made magazines you'd probably be in dutch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  A more interesting question would be "how many parts would need to be changed to make it 922r compliant".  The pistol never had a stock so that would not be one, it never had a handguard so that would not be one, it never had a muzzle device so that would not be one.  You can't change out the upper or lower so the only things I can think of are mag base plates and fire control parts.  If the say it would be three parts then just adding a stock, muzzle device and some sort of handguard may be the ticket.

I think US made base pads and followers would work as that is what CZ is doing instead of complete US mags.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

9mm Colt mags  (i.e. C products, ASC, etc)  with a new notch put in them for the Uzi Pro mag catch should work.

Bang, three parts right there.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm Colt mags  (i.e. C products, ASC, etc)  with a new notch put in them for the Uzi Pro mag catch should work.

Ok Sven, so when are you going to offer this service?  We should send you our Colt mags and you can mill the notch.  Then when we add the stock you are going to make and a U.S. Made muzzle device here is the 5 U.S. Parts we need.  I guess my AAC TiRANT suppressor would count as a muzzle device!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ok Sven, so when are you going to offer this service?  We should send you our Colt mags and you can mill the notch.  Then when we add the stock you are going to make and a U.S. Made muzzle device here is the 5 U.S. Parts we need.  I guess my AAC TiRANT suppressor would count as a muzzle device!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the sound of this.  Make it happen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent the Pro's barrel out a couple of weeks ago to be threaded so I can use my AAC TiRANT suppressor on it.  Just dropped off the upper to be Ceracoated in Coyote Tan (same color as my existing hand stop) and when the folding braces become available I will send one of those out to be Ceracoated.  Should have pictures up in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet! This will be awesome with a can I can't wait for the pics
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top