Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2015 1:28:37 PM EDT
I want to put a folding stock on a baretta storm carbine   not a collapasable 1 a folding 1.

can any tell me how to do it.

rumor from a reliable friend, there was plans on here years ago before my time

tks

1texan

email for my watts line and maybe u cold call.

tia
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the Storm is made in Italy and subject to 922r regulations, I thought you couldn't put a folding stock on one as that would make it under 26" in length. Every modified Storm stock I've seen has been collapsible.

I've seen a few modified Storm stocks over in BerettaForum.net, that's your best source of info.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think your best bet would be one of the ACE pignose adapters, then instead of a buffer tube/retractable stock, use a folding option.

Overall, its your preference but I don't think its worth it.

If you do it, post pics
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting concept. I'd like to see it too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting concept. I'd like to see it too.
View Quote

Sierra Papa does an M4 stock conversion and they remove the sight "ears" to make a flat top.

Sierra Papa
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would think your best bet would be one of the ACE pignose adapters, then instead of a buffer tube/retractable stock, use a folding option.

Overall, its your preference but I don't think its worth it.

If you do it, post pics
View Quote

Its such a nice compact little carbine just as Beretta built it. But, now its your and whatever you want is your decision.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
To each his own, but to me, that coll. stock looks ugly as sin.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen, Brother!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't you think that is a bit harsh?

That seems like an insult to sin.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
My storm rifle came with two stock spacers. I removed both and it's barely long enough to shoot but I'm perfectly happy with the LOP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#10]
You could mod the Storm to accept a folding stock. It would depend either on your technical/mechanical prowess of your willingness to farm out the project and pay accordingly. All things considered at the end of the day you would have spent either an inordinate amount of money or time to get a gun which probably wouldn't look or function all that good.
Like others have said, it was designed as a ban era gun and to meet 922r restrictions. In that capacity it did great and in its imported version IMHO works out perfectly. The thumb hole stock was tastefully sculpted and the lines are aesthetically pleasing.
If you're truly desperate for a PCC with a folding stock, sell the Beretta and look elsewhere. The CZ Scorpion, SIG MPX, JRC and the guns from Thureon Defense would probably work out better.
.02 pesos
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]
bEretta
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Since the Storm is made in Italy and subject to 922r regulations, I thought you couldn't put a folding stock on one as that would make it under 26" in length. Every modified Storm stock I've seen has been collapsible.

I've seen a few modified Storm stocks over in BerettaForum.net, that's your best source of info.
View Quote

i believe the 26" crapola is per nfa, NOT 922.  also, in the nfa, the 26" min OAL is Always per the stock extended.  seems counterintuitive but true.

nevertheless, making it a folder may matter per 922 as it might would not have been imported.  i dont believe that there is any reason you cant put a folder on it legally so long as you maintain your parts count per 922

sierra pappa can mod the gun to take an AR reciever ectension.  You can add an ACE folding hinge in there between the gun and RE.  Ace sells a folder for non-ARs with ar stocks that doesnt require the indexing by the end plate and all thatt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top