User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the MPX but I don't think SIG is supporting the product at all.

Magazines are not available to the General Public and the Sliding Stock is Vaporware. No use buying it for an SBR if they aren't going to provide those accessories you will need to build one. I'd hold off to see if they get their act together.

My two cents.

I'm having buyers remorse.
View Quote

Well I paid through the nose to purchase 5 more MPX mags at scalper prices and I definitely have buyers remorse. I have both the EVO and the MPX along with several other sub carbines. To me the fit and finish of the MPX... the sloppiness of the charging handle are beyond disappointing and do not reflect the quality that should be expected at that price point. To add insult to injury I just picked up a B&T APC45 and the difference in quality of that firearm compared to the MPX is like another galaxy. I'm seriously considering taking a bloodbath on the MPX and just selling it to put the money towards a B&T APC9. Also if I had to choose between the scorpion and the MPX... I'd pick the CZ scorpion. The lack of quality and sloppy feel of the MPX are really eating at me now. If I could have held one in person to start with I would not have purchased one online off of GB. Also after seeing videos of both the MPX and scorpions being shot suppressed makes picking the scorpion over the MPX an easy decision for me... just too much blow back in the face from the MPX.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Check out MAC's side by side comparison of a suppressed  EVO and MPX.  He, and another shooting partner, both had a hard time with shooting a single magazine in the MPX due to blowback.   The barrel screws also came lose on the MPX.   EVO was noticeably better with respect to blowback.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/sS0rEazh1kI[youtube]

ETA:  My embed-fu is lacking.  Maybe one of you guys can fix.
View Quote

Pretty sure you have to be a team-member to embed vids.  Other thing is you have to remove the s from https.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Magazines are not available to the General Public and the Sliding Stock is Vaporware. No use buying it for an SBR if they aren't going to provide those accessories you will need to build one. I'd hold off to see if they get their act together.

My two cents.

View Quote

I have the SIG folder and collapsible stock on order... but if my stamp was approved today I would buy an adaptor and put a carbine extension tube on the MPX along with a Magpul STR stock and be good to go until the other stocks arrived.

No biggie to me.

They are probably sending stocks and mags to gov't agency buyers first.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

not being smart, but do you have a source?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which one suppresses better?  Sound and blowback?

The scorpion wins in the blowback department and the Sig wins in the sound.

I thought I remember MAC saying that in the video above. I haven't watched it in a while though, so I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My two cents.

View Quote

KAK has a pretty nice fixed adapter now but it doesn't fold.  A normal AR tube and buttstock can be used then.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I thought I remember MAC saying that in the video above. I haven't watched it in a while though, so I could be wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which one suppresses better?  Sound and blowback?

The scorpion wins in the blowback department and the Sig wins in the sound.

You are not wrong.  Pretty clear from the video.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top