Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:48:40 PM EDT
Hello everyone, just traded for a Beretta CX4 .45 on a whim.  Anyone have experience with the CX4 and put it through any serious use?  What do your setups look like?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't currently have any photos of mine, but IT'S got a Magpul MVG, Inforce WML, and a Bushnell TRS-25.  I only have about 1200 rounds through it but I like it so far, just wish there were magazines that holds more than 8 rounds without paying $175 for the Sierra Papa mags.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive owned 2 9mm versions. Never a issue with either. Just wish the factory sights were better. But as stated a trs25,pa dot or t1 (if your a baller) goes very well on them. I might have to get me the 45 version oneday if one comes up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the CX4. I've shot untold thousands of rounds of .40 through mine and several hundred through a buddies .45. Great guns, cant recommend them strongly enough.
The tactical rifle/shotgun forum at berrettaforum.net has a lot of great info on upgrading and modding the CX4.
http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=8405dea967f150536588fbb2eb29b47f&f=38
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the 9mm version. Could never get used to the ergo's on it so I got rid of it. The integrated sights and connected buttstock/grip thing drove me crazy. I know some people mod it and cut those off but it's a lot of work. Really wish they would re-design the stock. I think it would do a lot better.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]

I have one in 9 mm and absolutely love it. I put a Vortex Sparc on it, other than that, everything else is stock.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine's a 9mm as well, great carbine, super accurate PCC. Like others I'm not too impressed with the factory sights but as BUIS they're fine. A good red dot or reflex sight is the only addition I'd consider a requirement assuming you already have the upper pic rail.
Check out Sierra Papa's website, the best source of upgrades & goodies but pricey. He does great trigger work.
Fixed stock can take two spacers if the LOP is too short but I removed the spacer mine came with.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My CX4 is a 9mm also, I really like it, its just fun to shoot!  Its accurate, compact, light weight, and you can get 30 round magazines for it!  Mine has a Bushnell Fast Fire III on it and a DIY trigger job.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the idea of a CX4 in 45, but the availability and expense of the magazines killed it for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a very early model 9mm (92 series magazine) CX-4. I have had if for so many years I forgot and never once did it ever give me a problem. Its accurate and dependable, the two things I demand of of a firearm. As for the stock, I actually like it. The little carbine feels more like an SBR than a rifle. Its light and compact. I did the DIY trigger job and was happy with that. I also added a quality red dot and that was it. Fine piece, dependable and accurate and drama free.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a 9mm version that takes 92 mags last year and it has quickly become one of my favorite guns to shoot. So far it has proven to be very accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the idea of a CX4 in 45, but the availability and expense of the magazines killed it for me.
View Quote

I have a gen 1 Sierra Papa PX4 .45 mag well insert for my .45 CX4.
Runs fine for me plus I get 2 extra rounds over the standard 8 round 8045 mags.

I think SP is working on a gen 2 that is easier to mfg because the gen 1 was printed.

I was wondering if I could cut 2 PX4 mags and weld them together to get more capacity.
Anybody try this?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one of the early 9mm / 92 versions, and it's a tremendous firearm.  I'd probably get one in 45 if not for the magazine issue (lack of hi capacity).
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one in 9mm and it positively rocks.
Eats anything I feed it, more accurate that I am, and takes 92 mags which are still somewhat cheap. Solid gun.

No experience with the .45 variant but I'm sure the gun will be GTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top