Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2015 6:45:50 PM EDT
They call an AK style.
Not sure about that but ordered one today.

http://www.hbindustries.net/#!product-page/cjio/7c3fae63-4668-a379-a8d0-fd795953840b
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I like that there are options coming out but damn that thing looks huge.  I can't tell if it would actually get in the way of pulling the trigger.

Eta: on further review it looks like it would potentially only block the trigger when on safe.  Still don't know how I feel about that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting.  That may be the answer as the stock safety grinds into my hand in a very unpleasant manner and I was starting to think of taking a Dremel to it.

Edit.  I ordered the lever and the left side delete cover.  I will add pictures once they arrive and I get them installed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the same about blocking trigger on safe.
I'll try it.
I can always trim if needed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for posting.  That may be the answer as the stock safety grinds into my hand in a very unpleasant manner and I was starting to think of taking a Dremel to it.
View Quote

Have you tried loosening the grip and moving it rearward as far as it will go?  I did that to mine and it helped a lot to give my trigger finger more room.  My grip was able to move about 3/16".
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
They need to make those ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally found some time to install the HB Industries CZ Scorpion safety knobs/levers.  I like them and I wasn't sure about that lever but after playing with it for a bit I do like it.

Here is the left side where I went with the safety delete cover.

Here is the right side with the long lever some may not like.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I finally found some time to install the HB Industries CZ Scorpion safety knobs/levers.  I like them and I wasn't sure about that lever but after playing with it for a bit I do like it.

Here is the left side where I went with the safety delete cover.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/FiremanFrank/015_zps6drhjzu3.jpg

Here is the right side with the long lever some may not like.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/FiremanFrank/016_zpslvigcce9.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj243/FiremanFrank/017_zpsyqzekdj2.jpg
View Quote

So you operate the safety with your index finger... Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use both safeties on mine. I use my thumb when disengaging the (left side) safety and my trigger finger when engaging the (right side) safety.

This oversize lever looks like it is trying to capitalize on people's irrational love for the AK safety, despite the AK safety being a poorly placed design from a different era of weapons handling philosophy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like that there are options coming out but damn that thing looks huge.  I can't tell if it would actually get in the way of pulling the trigger.

Eta: on further review it looks like it would potentially only block the trigger when on safe.  Still don't know how I feel about that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is somewhat similar to how the Czechpoint VZ58 safety works.  It only in the way on Safe.  It works well on the -58 as you always know the status of the safety.  It seems like it could be a decent option here as well.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I use both safeties on mine. I use my thumb when disengaging the (left side) safety and my trigger finger when engaging the (right side) safety.

This oversize lever looks like it is trying to capitalize on people's irrational love for the AK safety, despite the AK safety being a poorly placed design from a different era of weapons handling philosophy.

An AK safety doesn't reach down into the trigger finger area, nor can it be manipulated with one finger while holding the weapon normally.  Again, I'm judging the concept based my my vz58, where it works well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Just thinking about this more.  Do any of y'all that have this safety think that having it extended like that away from the body of the gun would make it easier to accidently disengage the safety?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just thinking about this more.  Do any of y'all that have this safety think that having it extended like that away from the body of the gun would make it easier to accidently disengage the safety?
View Quote

It is a difficult area to photograph, but I wanted to make an attempt to answer your question. Regarding height, the selector lever is designed flush with the upper receiver/frame, pictures are better than words:

When the selector is in the "safe" position it extends down toward the trigger. When you raise the gun from ready position to contact the selector is very intuitive to flip up to "fire" with your index finger. In the "fire" position the selector it is tucked up against the lower receiver, flush with the frame/upper. We left this selector "square" because the relief angle between the frame/receiver leaves a nice natural ledge for the selector. If you apply pressure and sweep your index finger down the side of the frame, your index finger will catch the selector and if you continue to pull down will re-engage to "safe" (notice how much longer the pull is than the factory selector; the lever/moment arm makes it much easier to control than the factory safety).

Hope this helps to answer your question, if you need any more info please just let me know. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top