Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 2:58:51 PM EDT
Or did you buy a second?

I'm very happy with my .40 Glock version, and spotted one at a reasonable price locally.  Think I'll get it, cuz 2 is 1 and 1 is none and other reasons.

Wondering if others of you crazy Arfcommers have multiples,
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Or did you buy a second?

I'm very happy with my .40 Glock version, and spotted one at a reasonable price locally.  Think I'll get it, cuz 2 is 1 and 1 is none and other reasons.

Wondering if others of you crazy Arfcommers have multiples,
View Quote

I have the gen 1 in 9. I installed the Red Lion forend which is a huge improvement.  It's great for plinking but I don't think I would get another though. I would go for a pistol caliber AR next.

Eta: accidentally a word
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Good thought, but I'm not into pistol caliber ARs.  If i get something on an AR receiver, I want it to shoot a rifle cartridge.  The Sub is much smaller and lighter.  Makes a great BOB gun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a .40 I paid $325 for. I would buy a 9mm for that. But right now I wouldn't pay anything over $400 for one.

I'd see how little I could build a AR for first.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
first gen glock .40 and love it would buy the gen 2 9mm version for 300ish
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Gen 1 Glock .40.
I bought it for a travel gun.
I have added a PA Red Dot
on a 45 degree offset mount.
I love it.

I am on the list for a 9mm Glock,
because reloading 9mm is cheaper
that reloading .40.

I want the 9mm to be a Gen 2,
because of the threaded muzzle,
and I intend to order a GA Revo
.45 suppressor some time. After
I get that, then I suppose I am going
to want a .40 Gen 2, as well.

I like the S2K's. I have an 9mm
carbine & pistol, which I still like,
but the S2K's fill a different niche
for me.

Later!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I would.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#7]
at $325, I'd buy a second 9mm glock and a .40 glock instantly.  don't know if i'd pay more than that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Want to move to 9x19mm from .40", so will be needing a 2nd SUB 2000 - or a custom AR 9x19mm upper w/ side folding bbl.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a Gen1 I sold during the Sandy Hook panic for just under $1000. Couldn't pass it up. I'm on the list for a Gen2 now and look forward to getting it. FWIW- I'm SBR'ing a Scorpion and .300 Blackout and waiting on two 9mm suppressors (Osprey 9 and Octane 9 HD). I don't know if I'd be able to use either on the Keltec, but I don't care. I love the idea of the Keltec and being a Glock guy, it just makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I had one in 9mm that I bought used probably 12-13 years ago. It was impossible to make reliable. Tried everything from fmj's in 125 and 124, and probably near a dozen different JHP and JSP loads, in standard pressure, +p, and +p+. Wouldn't work reliably with anything. Replaced several things on it - don't recall every detail, but iirc the recoil spring and one or two things to do with the bolt group. Still no luck.

Finally sold it to a gunsmith friend who had worked on it (and knew it's problems) for a toy. Love the concept, but mine sucked.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a real thinker.

I sold my 9mm Sig226 Sub-2k gen 1 as partial trade for an Uzi, and I don't really regret it.

Now that I'm more heavily invested in Glock 17 mag guns, I could potentially see getting a gen 2 Sub2k in G17 flavor. I like many of the changes they've made, albeit they still haven't cracked the optics mount problem; at least the irons situation sucks a lot less. At "sane" prices, maybe I'd bite, but it'd be pretty low on my priority list.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one in 9mm that I bought used probably 12-13 years ago. It was impossible to make reliable. Tried everything from fmj's in 125 and 124, and probably near a dozen different JHP and JSP loads, in standard pressure, +p, and +p+. Wouldn't work reliably with anything. Replaced several things on it - don't recall every detail, but iirc the recoil spring and one or two things to do with the bolt group. Still no luck.

Finally sold it to a gunsmith friend who had worked on it (and knew it's problems) for a toy. Love the concept, but mine sucked.
View Quote

Did you ever send it back to keltec
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
erwos,
This is how I added an optic
to my S2K.

Optic Add

Later!

John

Quoted:
That's a real thinker.

I sold my 9mm Sig226 Sub-2k gen 1 as partial trade for an Uzi, and I don't really regret it.

Now that I'm more heavily invested in Glock 17 mag guns, I could potentially see getting a gen 2 Sub2k in G17 flavor. I like many of the changes they've made, albeit they still haven't cracked the optics mount problem; at least the irons situation sucks a lot less. At "sane" prices, maybe I'd bite, but it'd be pretty low on my priority list.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I've owned two G17 Sub2Ks that have been flawless with any type of ammo brand or weight. I still own my second one, but would I buy another one now? No. I like it for what it is, but I have no use for a back-up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm on my 3rd one now (currently a 2nd gen) and I have sold them all. It's just a "novelty" gun to me. Not really excelling at anything so when I get offered significantly more then what I paid it goes. Would I buy another? Probably but would sell it if I didn't like it and someone offered me a good price. People like to way over pay for these when panic sets in for some reason?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it was something I bought used (and cheap) out of curiosity. After burning more dollars' worth of ammo than I paid for the gun in monkeying with it trying to make it reliable, when the gunsmith offered to buy it for what I'd paid for it, I had no desire to keep it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SNIP
View Quote

I would delete this post unless you have an FFL. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Waiting on a gen 2 9mm that uses glock mags
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought mine for $254 out the door. At that price, I would buy another one (not for re-sale, to keep for myself). However, it is not a $400 gun IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought mine for $254 out the door. At that price, I would buy another one (not for re-sale, to keep for myself). However, it is not a $400 gun IMHO.
View Quote

Best answer I have seen here.

I had a Sub9, the original, and I liked it. Far better firearm than the Sub2K but they were too expensive to sell as they were metal. They had a BHO for last round, a nice trigger and shot well and mine was 100% reliable. But, it was a bit expensive and someone who really wanted it  offered  me a fair price for it and I let it go. (Not a rip off price but a far price).  I have no regrets. It was fun but it was a nich firearm and I found something to replace its void....a TNW ASR .  

I diid own a couple of Sub2K's over the years. I would buy a new one when I found them at a good price but then find that I would end up shooting one of my other 9mm carbines much more than the Sub. I have six PCC's and the Sub got little use.

Would I buy another? If I could find a Gen 2 for $300-#325 I might...maybe....if the moon was right and I had some spare cash in my pocket. Otherwise I am not looking, especially at the high prices some unscrupulous dealers ask for them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a very handy gun when one sees a sign that concealed handguns are not permitted.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I got one in .40, wanted 9mm but they're pretty scarce most of the time) but actually gave it to my mom. She is often alone in a sketchy rural area. Rifles being a lot easier to hit with while having minimal experience, and offering better ballistics, we started out AR shopping. They were too heavy for her though. The sub2k weighs like 4lbs, is simple to use, and after less than 100rds of practice, she was making center mass hits at a good clip from about 15m. For an older lady that hasn't really ever shot a gun, that's pretty good and the rifle has been 100% reliable with FMJ and PDX so far.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Was not impressed with my gen 1 but I will probably buy a gen 2 and suppress it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I lived where SBRs were not allowed, or if I wanted to avoid NFA for whatever reason, I would buy a third one in a heartbeat.  Great little handy carbines for what they are.

As it is, I have two and no need/desire for another since I got into NFA stuff.

YMMV.

View Quote

I really want to SBR mine and then find a gen 2 and leave it long.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I've got a 9mm w/ the Glock magwell.  I cut it down to take G19 mags.  I like it, but don't see myself buying another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top