Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2015 3:33:08 PM EDT
No, not the mechtech.

Curious if anyone has any experience building a 1911 into a rifle with a 16" barrel and rifle stock? Or a 16" barrel and the Hera stock system?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember gun parts corp having "1911 carbine kits" years ago that consisted of a 16" barrel and a stock. It looked very interesting but I never tried one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember gun parts corp having "1911 carbine kits" years ago that consisted of a 16" barrel and a stock. It looked very interesting but I never tried one.
View Quote

Nor have I ever heard of anyone anywhere, even in a magazine, trying one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't see how it could possibly work good with the tilting barrel. Seems like a lot of wear on the parts even if it would cycle.

A Dillinger style 1911 would be cool with a front grip though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean one of these

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, that's the one! Where did you get that kit? Have you tried it out?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, that's the one! Where did you get that kit? Have you tried it out?
View Quote

No i had it laying around in one of my Parts bin of mystery stuff. Sold it to another forum member. About 6 months before i decided to get a 1911. I'll touch bases with him and see if he's done anything with it yet. if so hopefully he'll post a pic or 2
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember seeing them in the gun parts magazines as a kid. I think they advertised as "artillery officer 1911 WW1 kits." I think it was pretty cheap too. Something like 20 bucks comes to mind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I built that parts kit out into a functioning firearm. Maybe pics later if I get a chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top