Thanks!

John

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently

I see them on gunbroker
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw one at a gunshot today. Didn't ask the price because the Gen 1 he had next to it had a $550 tag on it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Roger that!

Thanks guys.

C7, Nice gif!

John

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Yes, picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Just a hair under $400 with taxes.

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw one at a local gun shop.    For Glock mags at $500.00.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. My FFL got one in. I think it was like $385 + tax. Not sure if I am going to keep it but for the price I couldn't pass it up.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a .40 Glock pattern as a
travel gun. I want one in 9mm to
go along with it. 9mm is a little
cheaper to reload. I am making
my way toward a Griffon Revo
.45, so the threaded muzzles on
the Gen 2's will help that. And I
guess that means I will need a
Gen 2 .40, as well.

Also,
 I have one LGS that was selling
the Gen 1's at $659.  And another
LGS that sells them at or below
MSRP. $400 is reasonable, but
+$600? No way!

Later!

John
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked one up at the GT Distributors in Dallas a few weeks back for under $400.  At that price, I figured I couldn't let it go.  I've not had a chance to take it out yet.  Hopefully very soon.  Earl
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
How do the gen 2's feel and shoot compared to the gen 1's?
I've played with the gen 1's and they seem really flimsy to me.
If the street price stays close to $400-$450 I'll probably consider one if the quality has improved.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#10]
As I mentioned I've not had a chance to shoot mine yet, but it is not flimsy in anyway.  Folding and unfolding are easy, tactile, and smooth.  The railed for end allows for attachment of accessories of any kind and I love the narrowness of it.  It would be nice if it was aluminum rather than polymer - but keltec loves polymer so it is what it is.

Unlike the Gen1 you have 3 positions for the buttstock.  It's much harder to adjust than say an AR15 collapsible stock but at least it can be adjusted and allows for an additional 1-1/4" Length of Pull adjustement.  The front site is more robust on the Gen 2, indeed it's an AR15 sightpost on an aluminum sight block.  I would prefer an aluminum trigger and trigger guard rather than plastic.  It would also be nice if the grip frame allowed me to use my G19 mags for ultimate interchangeability but I can get along with G17 15-round and the 33-round 9mm mags fine.

Earl

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the street price stays close to $400-$450 I'll probably consider one if the quality has improved.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have not shot mine either (trying to decide if I am going to keep it?) I also owned a gen 1 but sold it. It has some changes in ergos (handguard, front sight, adjustable buttstock) but in my opinion it is basically the same exact gun as the gen 1. It does feel better, more comfortable but if you thought the gen 1 felt "flimsy" your probably going to feel the same about the Gen 2 would be my guess.

I have a couple other PCC's and just not sure where this fits in to be honest? It's kind of cool but will it be a go-to gun? Definitely no. Will it be a backpacking gun? Probably not, pistol is easier to carry. Will it be a truck gun? No, not enough knock down for me.  So really it's just a cool plinking toy?.

Bottom line ergos have improved but it's still the same "quality" in my opinion.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered one through Kel-Tec's LE program. They said to expect an 8 month wait or longer. Oh well, I don't have to give them my money until it's ready. I miss my Gen1, but someone offered me just under $1k for it right after Sandy Hook. I had to let it go. I'm keeping the Gen2 though. Cool guns IMO.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered one through Kel-Tec's LE program. They said to expect an 8 month wait or longer. Oh well, I don't have to give them my money until it's ready. I miss my Gen1, but someone offered me just under $1k for it right after Sandy Hook. I had to let it go. I'm keeping the Gen2 though. Cool guns IMO.
View Quote

Would you mind sharing what they are charging? Do you go directly through them for the program?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing what they are charging? Do you go directly through them for the program?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM me your email address and I'll send you the ordering info requirements sheet and price list. The price list is long, but around $350 for a GLOCK 17 grip parkerized in black plastic.

FYI - anyone getting a GLOCK grip, don't get the 19/23 length. The 17/22 is much better. The mags seat deeper in the Sub2k and the 19/23 is just too short. I have medium hands.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

PM me your email address and I'll send you the ordering info requirements sheet and price list. The price list is long, but around $350 for a GLOCK 17 grip parkerized in black plastic.

FYI - anyone getting a GLOCK grip, don't get the 19/23 length. The 17/22 is much better. The mags seat deeper in the Sub2k and the 19/23 is just too short. I have medium hands.
View Quote

Do they even make the Gen 2 in he Glock 19 configuration? I have only seen the 17. I agree though, I owned a Gen 1 19 and a 17. 17 was much more comfortable, the 19 was just too short.

I paid $385 for mine so not that far off from LE pricing.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do they even make the Gen 2 in he Glock 19 configuration? I have only seen the 17. I agree though, I owned a Gen 1 19 and a 17. 17 was much more comfortable, the 19 was just too short.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not bad at all. I'd pay that today to have one now.

It's is on the price list I was sent directly from Kel Tec.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I fondled a Glock 9mm model at my LGS. I really liked it, it certainly didn't feel flimsy. Very lightweight.
I went back a few days later to buy it, and it was gone. Oh, well. They wanted over $500 for it. Maybe best to wait for a better price. Supposedly Kel Tec can manufacture the Gen 2s at a much faster rate than the Gen 1s.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep they are supposed to be able to make them 3 times faster, so that means soon we should see them at or better than the crazy gunbroker prices.  They had to hand trim the plastics on the gen 1 that slowed production down significantly gen 2 new design needs little to no trimming. We will see if this is all true in time I hope so I want a gen 2 for a good price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I talked to one of the guys in
the booth at Nashville, and he
said one of the skilled assemblers/
builders could de-flash about 100
sets per week. With the new molds,
I hope they can speed up the ship
rate a bit.

John

Quoted:
Yep they are supposed to be able to make them 3 times faster, so that means soon we should see them at or better than the crazy gunbroker prices.  They had to hand trim the plastics on the gen 1 that slowed production down significantly gen 2 new design needs little to no trimming. We will see if this is all true in time I hope so I want a gen 2 for a good price.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Just ordered one at the LGS for $389.   Hope  the wait's not too bad...
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just ordered one at the LGS for $389.   Hope  the wait's not too bad...
View Quote

That's a great price keep us posted to when you receive it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top