Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:10:49 PM EDT
Im looking at possibly getting a green laser or laser light combo for the rail on my evo.

Can anyone suggest some good compact models that are of suitable quality without being very expensive?

I was looking at varidian. Laser doesn't have to be green but I strongly prefer it. Gun has a micro dot on it now, so nothing integrated.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Green lasers are great, except the bad guy can see them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Light yes... Laser meh
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
and he cant see the flashlight either?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Lasers are a gimmick unless we're talking IR.

Light is great. Any serious weapon needs one. Maybe an Inforce WML mounted at 6o clock mp5 style? Or an M3 or similar rear-toggle light mounted at 3oclock?

Then again a gun that has cracked mags when left loaded for prolonged periods is not a serious fighting weapon, so slap all the lasers you want on it
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lasers are a gimmick unless we're talking IR.

Light is great. Any serious weapon needs one. Maybe an Inforce WML mounted at 6o clock mp5 style? Or an M3 or similar rear-toggle light mounted at 3oclock?

Then again a gun that has cracked mags when left loaded for prolonged periods is not a serious fighting weapon, so slap all the lasers you want on it
View Quote

Correction: Lasers are aiming devices not gimmicks.

Also, cracked mags have nothing to do with the Scorpion's ability as fighting weapon. Faulty mags will be replaced so do what everyone else will do and get replacements  instead of crying over and over and over.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive probably a thousand rounds thru my mags with no cracks yet?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at the Virideian XL5-RS, it might meet your needs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive probably a thousand rounds thru my mags with no cracks yet?
View Quote

Just because the mags function,, doesn't mean they don't crack. My cracked mags, including my 20 rounder that's missing a feed lip from being stored loaded, continue to function-for now

OP- try a Veridian C5L. Button placement seems to be about perfect for an EVO and it doesn't cost X400U money. I personally don't use visible lasers on carbines, but I keep one on every pistol I intend to use for "social work" The EVO is a pistol, thus it gets a laser... Lasers are amazing for multiple, rapid hits when fired from an awkward position. Really, any position you fire something like an EVO pistol from could be defined as awkward IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top