Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 10:02:55 PM EDT
I'm looking for a lighter than OEM spring for a 9mm MechTech carbine... I would like to stay with my 147 grain hand load at just over 900fps, and I get an occasional failure to eject due to the weak load... the factory spring is  5/16 dia .043" wire... I've tried a "hardware store" grade spring of .039" wire, but was deformed just installing it... anyone have an operating lighter than OEM spring?... thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Wolf springs.   They have the spring kits for other guns so they may be able to help.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Old slightly "tired" AR15 spring perhaps?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
the spring is an extension spring... like the screen door spring if you are my age... I found one on the Fastenal web site... 5/16", 5", .035" wire... I don't know enough about the spring rate of the original.... I e-mailed ISMI and Wolff... ISMI responded in the negative, haven't heard from Wolff yet... letting it sit in the gun safe with the bolt locked back... I really don't want to have to load two different 9mm rounds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top