Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2015 2:06:17 PM EDT
I have seen that Mech Tech has a CCU for the Springfield XD available for about a month now.  I've been waiting to see some reviews about them before ordering, but my want for one has overcome my caution. It will not ship until next week.
So does anyone have one yet? Any explanation for the extra clamp onto the XD accessory rail? Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for any info.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe the rails of the XD/M are spaced differently from the Glock that the unit requires some extra hold up front?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey SurveyDave,
    Did your Mech Tech arrive? What are your initial thoughts. I have always wanted one of these.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I received it a few weeks back but have not fired it yet. I plan on heading to the range this weekend.
The clamp at the front of the frame locks the frame to the upper as opposed to the rotating block of the dis-assembly lever as the Glock version does.

I already have a Glock version in .40 that I really enjoy shooting. That is why I've been anxious to get this XD version in .45.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Shot the new Mech Tech with the Springfield XD .45 frame today and was once again very happy with the gun. The barrel is a very thick bull barrel style and its weight really counters the effect of the heavy blowback bolt.  Very little muzzle lift and it stays on target.

Also had the Glock .40 Mech Tech, the frames' matching 4" barrels and my chronograph with me. It was cool to do direct comparisons on velocities.
The .45 picked up about 100 fps from the 4" average of 850 to the 16" average of 950 with 230 gr Winchester whitebox.

The .40 picked up about 180 fps from 1080 to 1260 with 165 gr Winchester whitebox.

Very happy with the Mech Techs, alot of fun with them.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top