Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
CK, give me what you think are the top 3 PRIMARY PCC's.
I agree the S2K is not , and am trying to get a good look at the these:
1 MPX
2 Kriss Vector ( New in 9mm and takes Glock mags)
3 Angstadt Arms
I have come to the understanding I am going to SBR, ( did not want to --F'ing Gov.)
The POF Mp5 I know is an oldie goldie, I think I'd pick the MPX (if it proves to run.)
I want a real, good, reliable, PCC that will double as a range toy. Gotta be fun!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If whatever you buy has to take Glock mags, you are pretty much screwed from the start.  The S2K is a range toy and, IMHO, the 9mm ARs are dinosaurs that were an afterthought modification to begin with.

EDIT:  Note that I think the S2k is very fun range toy, and the 9mm AR's are as well.  I've owned both and would certainly own one as an addition to a nice, well made primary PCC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to the OP for a nice bit of information.
I am trying to decide what I want to do:
1 MPX-- up side is it is a good quality SIG, down is it does not take Glock Mags.
2 Angstadt Arms UDP-9 -- Up side it takes Glock Mags, Down is a new Mfg. and not out yet.
3.Ar 15 carbine -- Up side works well, Down is I do not plan to go to war soon and I would have to inventory another ammo
What I already know:
Evo is not for me! I have had two chances to buy at sub $775 and passed on both, Cant get past the plastic and the mag release
can cause accidental mag drops to easily
Kel Tech Sub 2000 is still a maybe-- Glock mags--YEP! I am a Glockholic!!  So if I love the polymer composite of the Glock and call the EVo
plastic--It is plastic!!
I am also trying  to keep the different number of calibers to a Minimum so as to  not have a Stress Fire mix up. Like years ago when I took my new 308 to the range
to check out and because I was in a hurry, got there with 30-06 ammo. Glad I did not need it to fight!!
So , Yes I am inventorying only 9MM, 22lr and 20ga. right now. Keep in mind my wife can also shoot all that, and we have commonality of ammo when we travel.
Leaning hard toward the Angstadt. No Evo for me!!

If whatever you buy has to take Glock mags, you are pretty much screwed from the start.  The S2K is a range toy and, IMHO, the 9mm ARs are dinosaurs that were an afterthought modification to begin with.

EDIT:  Note that I think the S2k is very fun range toy, and the 9mm AR's are as well.  I've owned both and would certainly own one as an addition to a nice, well made primary PCC.

Meh.

My LoneWolf 9mm AR w/ Ti-rant has never ever had a hiccup with any ammo same goes for my MPX so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone see this yet? Maybe something to keep an eye on if you own one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk12JHf_C2o
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like the trigger/hammer pins may have been reversed. According to another owner, they only have one notch in them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I snagged the one Impact had in stock for 5 minutes this week. Should get it next week, looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What about the rest of us that shoot matches and such?
You don't win matches by stripping mags with your offhand.

There's nothing new about a paddle style release, but the EVO improves on the paddle in that it's easier to actuate with your firing finger, and if you buff the witness lines on your mags they will drop free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The average shooter is not dumping mags on the ground.

They are taking the empty mag by hand and replacing it with a new one.

What about the rest of us that shoot matches and such?
You don't win matches by stripping mags with your offhand.

There's nothing new about a paddle style release, but the EVO improves on the paddle in that it's easier to actuate with your firing finger, and if you buff the witness lines on your mags they will drop free.

You can youtube the video, but there is a video from a few years back of it in full auto. The guy was dropped the mags with his trigger finger and was on full auto. Reloads were around 2 seconds. I don't think it is a problem.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats funny, my friends was doing that and we thought it was the trigger since he swapped it out with one of those simulated full auto triggers..... gotta share the vidja with him and dog him... didnt notice any pins walking out though.... but then again we werent looking for that
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

thats funny, my friends was doing that and we thought it was the trigger since he swapped it out with one of those simulated full auto triggers..... gotta share the vidja with him and dog him... didnt notice any pins walking out though.... but then again we werent looking for that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, wouldn't a nice set of KNS Trigger Pin's solve this problem???

I think I'd try that FIRST before sending the gun back to SIG to let them play with it for MONTHS.......
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Forget the Glock mags, I bought a MPX!!!
WOW, what a weapon!
I have changed the grip to MOE K2+, put in a SD 3G trigger, and changed the front sight
to a Hi Viz.
Range yesterday, and got one quarter size hole for 5 shots  with Crit.Def. 135 +P at 30 yards.
Was on bags and bench.
Working on the SBR mission now.
Color me VERY HAPPY!
Optics are up for grabs, I have an astigmatism so want Prism RD or Low power scope. Leaning toward Vortex Spitfire 1x.
Have heard bad things about the Leupold Prismatic mounting problems.
The decision came at a LGS that had 5 MPX. I knew when I handled it, it was what I wanted, except for the Glock mags.
TO ME there is no comparison 'tween the CZ and MPX.
If you are deciding like I was, do not finalize until you have held a MPX and EVO.
Good luck to all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WOW, what a weapon!
I have changed the grip to MOE K2+, put in a SD 3G trigger, and changed the front sight
to a Hi Viz.
Range yesterday, and got one quarter size hole for 5 shots  with Crit.Def. 135 +P at 30 yards.
Was on bags and bench.
Color me VERY HAPPY!
Optics are up for grabs, I have an astigmatism so want Prism RD or Low power scope. Leaning toward Vortex Spitfire 1x.
The decision came at a LGS that had 5 MPX. I knew when I handled it, it was what I wanted, except for the Glock mags.
If you are deciding like I was, do not finalize until you have held a MPX and EVO.
Good luck to all.
View Quote

price? Not really a direct competitor.

Get both is still the answer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW, what a weapon!

to a Hi Viz.

Was on bags and bench.

Color me VERY HAPPY!

Good luck to all.

As small as the PCC market is they are absolutely direct competitors.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW, what a weapon!
to a Hi Viz.
Was on bags and bench.
Color me VERY HAPPY!
Good luck to all.

Exactly, Price doesn't have to be close in a competiton. I never understood why price is such a big deal on something that is a one time purchase. I like to save money too but I think some people really don't think it through.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW, what a weapon!
to a Hi Viz.
Was on bags and bench.
Color me VERY HAPPY!
Good luck to all.

The PCC market is huge lately.

The scorpion is comparable to the sub2k (which it blows out of the water) a cheap AR 9mm (which it blows out of the water) and the beretta cx4 (which is a great gun).

The MPX can be compared to the new AKX9, the kriss, the UMP, an MP5 clone, or similar high dollar offerings.

We are talking about a $650 gun as opposed to a $1650 gun.

Just because the scorpion happens to be as good or better than the $1650 MPX in certain areas doesn't make it a competitor.

Get both.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The scorpion is comparable to the sub2k (which it blows out of the water) a cheap AR 9mm (which it blows out of the water) and the beretta cx4 (which is a great gun).

The MPX can be compared to the new AKX9, the kriss, the UMP, an MP5 clone, or similar high dollar offerings.

Just because the scorpion happens to be as good or better than the $1650 MPX in certain areas doesn't make it a competitor.

Get both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW, what a weapon!

to a Hi Viz.

Was on bags and bench.

Color me VERY HAPPY!

Good luck to all.

Get both.
There are numerous MPXs on gunbroker started at $1279 with a buy now of $1450 and I have yet to see a $650 Evo. Either way, you are literally in a thread called Sig MPX vs CZ Scorpion and you are going to say they are not direct competitors?

In fact there is a buy now for $1275 and these things just got released.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Just because a thread title says they are comparing them, doesn't make them direct competitors. Hopefully you understand that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just because a thread title says they are comparing them, doesn't make them direct competitors. Hopefully you understand that.
View Quote
Correct. But I'd still argue that they are in fact direct competitors.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is price the sole reason you say they are not direct competitors?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Here are the 30 round MPX mags, for the low low price of $70+ shipping
http://store.sigsauer.com/catalog/product/view/id/7545/s/sig-mpx-30-rd-9mm-magazine/
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that the extra $500 allows the Sig to make some improvements in areas.

It's like comparing a Glock 21 to an HK USP tactical. It can be done, but don't be suprized if the materials/fit and finish are of higher quality.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
They are competitors if the man doing the buying is considering one or the other!!!!!
I WAS!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, you guys win.

Should I buy a Casio, or a Rolex?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ok, you guys win.

Should I buy a Casio, or a Rolex?
View Quote

Just because Rolex and Casio aren't direct competitors doesn't mean the Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion aren't direct competitors. Hopefully you understand that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top