User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is everybody putting for the overall length on their Form 1? I know when I did my AR it was with the stock in its shortest position but since these will be folding stocks, I'm not sure how it should be measured.
View Quote

I can't find it now, but I emailed the ATF and asked when what they want in the OAL Box; Do they want Collapsed length or the Extended length...  I thought for sure they would want the collapsed length, but he said Extended...

Here is CZ's Offical Specs....  https://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law-enforcement-military/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx Which list them in metric... as  410/660 mm

I wish I could find somewhere on ATFs site where its stated, as I've seen several people of each opinion and both know they are right and the other is an idiot...

Also, how do they expect you to get accurate measurements without putting a stock on to measure...

***Edit***  I never call Page X ownage as I never know how to tell when its goign to start a new page...

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I can't find it now, but I emailed the ATF and asked when what they want in the OAL Box; Do they want Collapsed length or the Extended length...  I thought for sure they would want the collapsed length, but he said Extended...

Here is CZ's Offical Specs....  https://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law-enforcement-military/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx Which list them in metric... as  410/660 mm

I wish I could find somewhere on ATFs site where its stated, as I've seen several people of each opinion and both know they are right and the other is an idiot...

Also, how do they expect you to get accurate measurements without putting a stock on to measure...

***Edit***  I never call Page X ownage as I never know how to tell when its goign to start a new page...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is everybody putting for the overall length on their Form 1? I know when I did my AR it was with the stock in its shortest position but since these will be folding stocks, I'm not sure how it should be measured.

CZ website says the machinegun version is 26" oal so that's what I put in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I also put 26"
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FH on or off???
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FH on or off???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FH on or off???

If it's not permanently attached it doesn't count towards length
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FH on or off???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FH on or off???

No idea
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly don't think the ATF really cares about OAL.  I just pulled numbers out of my ass on another one I did.  
Just another form question on ther paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I honestly don't think the ATF really cares about OAL.  I just pulled numbers out of my ass on another one I did.  
View Quote

I don't think they care what you put on the form ...but if you were ever asked to produce the stamp (highly unlikely) and the OAL was shorter then what was on the paperwork it could be an issue. I always measure then go a little shorter on the paperwork just to be on the safe side. So if it measured out at 26" I may put 24" just to give me some wiggle room. Can't remember what I put on my form, will have to go back and look.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies guys. Just picked up my Scorpion today and got a packet from BATF in the mail. Unfortunately, the packet didn't contain any of the actual paper Form 1s because they're on "backorder". So now I'm kinda just a sitting duck waiting for the man to be kind enough to send my some forms so I can give them my money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Just picked up my Scorpion today and got a packet from BATF in the mail. Unfortunately, the packet didn't contain any of the actual paper Form 1s because they're on "backorder". So now I'm kinda just a sitting duck waiting for the man to be kind enough to send my some forms so I can give them my money.

View Quote

You need to set up a trust so you can Efile. Will save you a lot of wait time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't think they care what you put on the form ...but if you were ever asked to produce the stamp (highly unlikely) and the OAL was shorter then what was on the paperwork it could be an issue. I always measure then go a little shorter on the paperwork just to be on the safe side. So if it measured out at 26" I may put 24" just to give me some wiggle room. Can't remember what I put on my form, will have to go back and look.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't. You're submitting info on what you're manufacturing it as, not necessarily what it will remain as.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt.  I have 3 stamps so far on this $40 trust.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No it won't. You're submitting info on what you're manufacturing it as, not necessarily what it will remain as.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  An sbr is an sbr.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of you are getting way to anal about what the listed OAL is.

As others pointed out, an SBR is an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why not use the electronic fillable version?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a trust...yet. Joined Florida Carry last night and with the membership you get a NFA Trust. Just have to wait for them to email me the stuff I need to set the trust up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

26" is the OAL for SBR'ing with factory stock.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't have a trust...yet. Joined Florida Carry last night and with the membership you get a NFA Trust. Just have to wait for them to email me the stuff I need to set the trust up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I mean the PDF version you can type into, print out, and send as paper?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I didn't realize that there was one until you just mentioned it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would wait for the trust and then e file. It would still be way quicker. Unless
you don't mind waiting 6-8 months for a paper individual form 1.

If you still want paper Form 1... then all you have to do is print it.  Current ATF Form 1
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/norinco982lover/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0BE17BBC-75AD-4294-A8C1-2688C69BDF97_zpsxdoepk0d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/Mobile%20Uploads/0BE17BBC-75AD-4294-A8C1-2688C69BDF97_zpsxdoepk0d.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/norinco982lover/media/Mobile%20Uploads/52688B82-7727-4D4A-8AC6-08C5E5E23FB3_zps5wd5mi50.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/Mobile%20Uploads/52688B82-7727-4D4A-8AC6-08C5E5E23FB3_zps5wd5mi50.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/norinco982lover/media/Mobile%20Uploads/839842F6-CD59-414D-ACA5-644BA27781C7_zpsrtual052.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh617/norinco982lover/Mobile%20Uploads/839842F6-CD59-414D-ACA5-644BA27781C7_zpsrtual052.jpg</a>
View Quote

holy fuc!!!! im in love!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
What is everybody putting in the section for "name and location of original manufacturer"?

Would it be CZ-USA, Czech Republic? Or something else?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What is everybody putting in the section for "name and location of original manufacturer"?

Would it be CZ-USA, Czech Republic? Or something else?

View Quote

I put CZ (Ceská zbrojovka) and cz scorpion evo was then listed in the drop down.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is worth repeating...at least 100 more times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An SBR is an SBR.... period. The gun coming up shorter than paperwork doesn't mean anything. You already have it regeistered as a short barrel rifle so what is the infraction? Possesion of a shorter oal rifle? Guys change stocks all the time... and some are shorter than others. Not an issue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would wait for the trust and then e file. It would still be way quicker. Unless

If you still want paper Form 1... then all you have to do is print it.  ATF Form 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you still want paper Form 1... then all you have to do is print it.  ATF Form 1

Just as a reference to others who read through this thread and plan on submitting a paper Form 1, the above link is for an outdated copy of the form. You will have to go to the ATF's website and print the new one, which unfortunately is not a fillable PDF.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#27]
This is the updated form. I'll edit my post to new form. Current ATF Form 1
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is an incorrect method of measuring your SBR.

The proper measure of an SBR is with any folding or collapsible stocks fully extended and any non-permanent flash hiders removed.

The ATF does not care if you go shorter or longer than what's listed on the Form 1.  That is simply a snapshot in time of the moment it's created.  Temporary changes are fine, permanent changes are fine too.  Some will argue that you must send in an update to the ATF if you make a permanent change, but that will really only come into play if you sell the gun and the Form 4 doesn't match the Form 1 as far as measurements.

We've been through this numerous times in the NFA forums on this board.  Here's one example.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top