User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I dremel out the hole for it to function correctly on the firearm, I've modified it into a firearm part.  Does that not make me a US "maker" ?

Because that chunk of billet aluminum that I turned into a receiver wasn't cast in the US but I "made" it in the US...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If you guys decide to do this, you will not be 922r compliant as the ASG is china made i think."

That is incorrect.  It is made in Denmark.

Partially incorrect. The ASG stock may be made in Denmark but it's still not a US-made part for the purposes of 922(r) compliance.

If I dremel out the hole for it to function correctly on the firearm, I've modified it into a firearm part.  Does that not make me a US "maker" ?

Because that chunk of billet aluminum that I turned into a receiver wasn't cast in the US but I "made" it in the US...

Thats a really interesting question if you take an item that is not a gun part like the ASG stock and modify it to fit a firearm is it then a US made gun part, good luck with that question what constitutes manufacturing? We know the raw material does not have to be US sourced lets face it most raw materials are imported

Who is going to write the tech branch just don't give them specifics just "If i take an airsoft part which is a toy and make it fit a firearm"
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Who is going to write the tech branch
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I wrote a letter and sent it to the ATF. I said a bunch of people are putting China made airsoft stocks on imported CZ pistols on their form1 guns and asked if it's legal.

...April fools.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea seriously - people who write tech letters need to be punched in the scrotum.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 please don't
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yea seriously - people who write tech letters need to be punched in the scrotum.
View Quote

+10000000000

We don't need another "Sig Brace" situation on our hands. Leave it alone, don't write letters.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Your all just chicken LOL

I'm not doing it either
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top