Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2015 12:20:34 AM EDT
I know a lot of you have questions between the real EVO vs the airsoft version. I own both. I don't suggest to ever use air soft on a real gun. You do what you wish. I have not gotten my form 1 back on my EVO, so I have not and cannot install the air soft stock to see if it fits. I did measure it out and I'm 99.9% sure the stock will slide on with no issues. There has been a lot of talk about this air soft being made from the same polymer and molds as the real EVO. You be the judge. If you guys have any questions about a specific part let me know. Again this is just for reference.

Quoted off ASG's website

The partnership also means we have access to original design specifications and blueprints. Working from the original CAD 3D drawings, ensures that all weight, size and handling characteristics have been constructed to match the real gun. And guaranties that any original parts like magazine clips, sights or flash-hiders will fit on.

The fiber-reinforced polymer used in the construction is the same as the original submachine gun, making it one of the toughest Airsoft guns around.

Side 1

" />

Side 2

" />

Back of the air soft

" />

Back of the EVO

" />

Air soft stock uninstalled

" />

Installed on air soft

" />

Mock up of air soft stock to EVO. Button is smaller than the air soft. Easy fix

" />
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. How are you going to fix the button?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a HK MK23 pistol, and I have the KWC Airsoft version.

The real slide will fit on the airsoft gun... The only thing preventing it from working is the Airsoft gas system parts.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Could easily add a allen screw pin to lock in place. Really though these stocks are VERY hard to slide on and off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could just glue in an eccentric bushing...

If it came down to it and they didn't offer the stock, I would probably get creative and make my own folding mechanism before dropping the money on a  $400 airsoft gun just for the stock

It's cool that the designs are that close though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be really surprised if they used the same polymer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know about CZ, but HK uses generic BASF pellets that come in large dog food sized bags.. Not exactly, proprietary, rocket science.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If it came down to it and they didn't offer the stock, I would probably get creative and make my own folding mechanism before dropping the money on a  $400 airsoft gun just for the stock

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOLY MOLY! Airsoft guns cost that much? I hate airsoft just for flooding my youtube searches with 12 year olds reviewing their new toys instead of actual gun reviews. (I have to always remember to add -airsoft on my youtube searches now to filter that crap out)

And now I hear they're $400+?!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

HOLY MOLY! Airsoft guns cost that much? I hate airsoft just for flooding my youtube searches with 12 year olds reviewing their new toys instead of actual gun reviews. (I have to always remember to add -airsoft on my youtube searches now to filter that crap out)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not just any airsoft gun. CZ put their name on this gun. Supposedly made from the same molds also.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know about CZ, but HK uses generic BASF pellets that come in large dog food sized bags.. Not exactly, proprietary, rocket science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the airsoft stuff has pretty good build quality, the trick is separating the "good" from the "bad".

In lieu of throwing down $350 for a factory Remington 870 top folder on Ebay I bought the G&P Airsoft "toy gun only" 870 top folding stock and found it to not only be of superior fit & finish to a real Remington stock but to also be
manufactured out of a plastic that's a lot harder to cut into than the OEM pistol grip and steel stock arms that are a little bit thicker and also harder to cut than the OEM steel stock arms.

It's built like a tank and only cost $55.00. I've had it on my 12" SBS 870 for a few months now with no issues to speak of.  I'd buy one over a real OEM 870 top folder without a second thought.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes $450 for an air soft is a lot but for the money its worth it. If you want anything competitive from what I have been reading your going to drop over $500. This is ready to go out of the box. One of the best out of the box air softs ever made, from what I'm told. I have never been into air soft but this will be a good trainer for the kids before I put real guns in their hands and I get a benefit of the stock if need be.

I did see somewhere that they are trying to push some sort of ban on air soft. If they don't import the stocks and something happens with a ban Im set and ready to go.

I didn't mount the stock but I can see that when you close the stock while mounted it will lock into place on the EVO and the air soft.

I want to repeat. Im not suggesting nor should you use air soft over REAL gun parts. Im just suggesting if we can't get these stocks this is the next best option. Buy the real thing first if possible

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes $450 for an air soft is a lot but for the money its worth it. If you want anything competitive from what I have been reading your going to drop over $500. This is ready to go out of the box. One of the best out of the box air softs ever made, from what I'm told. I have never been into air soft but this will be a good trainer for the kids before I put real guns in their hands and I get a benefit of the stock if need be.

I did see somewhere that they are trying to push some sort of ban on air soft. If they don't import the stocks and something happens with a ban Im set and ready to go.

I didn't mount the stock but I can see that when you close the stock while mounted it will lock into place on the EVO and the air soft.

I want to repeat. Im not suggesting nor should you use air soft over REAL gun parts. Im just suggesting if we can't get these stocks this is the next best option. Buy the real thing first if possible

View Quote

This is a great thread, thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Suuuuure you didn't.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Suuuuure you didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suuuuure you didn't.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#14]
does the color of the asg plastic match the real plastic?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]

My guess is that it would be cheaper for AGS or whoever to buy stocks from CZ or whoever does their plastics than to make heir own molds.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My guess is that it would be cheaper for AGS or whoever to buy stocks from CZ or whoever does their plastics than to make heir own molds.

View Quote

They use the same molds as CZ according to all reviews I've read.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
does the color of the asg plastic match the real plastic?
View Quote

The receiver part of the air gun is not as fiberious. The stock is an exact match to the real gun different from the air soft
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Too bad they matched it in every detail except that button hole.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking at the assembly drawings for the ASG, some components have to slide out that hole for disassembly.
That's a small detail that's easy enough to fix.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I have read that small button was an earlier design. The large button came later. The airsoft uses an original mold.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

From what I have read that small button was an earlier design. The large button came later. The airsoft uses an original mold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check again, the airsoft version has the larger button.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have read that small large button was an earlier design. The large smaller button came later. The airsoft uses an original mold.

Oops got it backwards.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dabble in some airsoft.  That is on the VERY high-end side of the range for a factory gun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#24]
If you guys decide to do this, you will not be 922r compliant as the ASG is china made i think.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you guys decide to do this, you will not be 922r compliant as the ASG is china made i think.
View Quote

But by the ATF definition of manufacture and redesign, if you use something not for it's original purpose you are re-manufacturing it.  Therefore if you take a toy gun stock made in country X intended by the manufacturer to be a toy part, and attach it to a firearm you have redesigned/re-manufactured it into a gun part.  Since it is only now a gun part, it was made in the USA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

But by the ATF definition of manufacture and redesign, if you use something not for it's original purpose you are re-manufacturing it.  Therefore if you take a toy gun stock made in country X intended by the manufacturer to be a toy part, and attach it to a firearm you have redesigned/re-manufactured it into a gun part.  Since it is only now a gun part, it was made in the USA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see, then I guess you guys just have to worry about getting the rest of the required number of parts to be 922r compliant then.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I see, then I guess you guys just have to worry about getting the rest of the required number of parts to be 922r compliant then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're assuming that we all care about 922r.
But CZUSA has said that they are exploring their US options in case the ATF comes back with a negative on the factory stock for Form1 SBR situation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#28]
The ATF has never come out with a concrete answer in regards to SBRs and 922R anyways.

There have been letters to individuals, but even those conflict.

That ignores that the only 922r charges have been tack on charges, not stand alone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't volunteer to be the test case on this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But CZUSA has said that they are exploring their US options in case the ATF comes back with a negative on the factory stock for Form1 SBR situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume all responsible gun owners would like to obey the law...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What is the law?  Even the ATF doesn't have a straight answer.  

Quoted:
The ATF has never come out with a concrete answer in regards to SBRs and 922R anyways.

There have been letters to individuals, but even those conflict.

That ignores that the only 922r charges have been tack on charges, not stand alone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

C'mon man... surely you've been around long enough to witness some of the WILL NOT COMPLY chest thumping.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry I have been following thisand main scorpion thread awhile missed a few days and now I see the airsoft stocks on a members gun. Are these fitting without modification? Are they locking up tight,?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sorry I have been following thisand main scorpion thread awhile missed a few days and now I see the airsoft stocks on a members gun. Are these fitting without modification? Are they locking up tight,?
View Quote

Just have to make the button hole slightly larger

I have been working on other options what do you think

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I will buy one of these when there for sell but I would really love a scar17 vltor stock with an adaptor you make for it
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#36]
UMP stock looks OK but I still prefer the look of the Evo stock. Lack of answers on the factory stock is the only thing keeping me on the fence about these.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Here are side by side comparison shots between the OLD/ASG hook and plastic cap stock and the new CZ magnet metal cap version on on the post samples as you can see even the mold marks match up there is no doubt that ASG either have the original molds or bought the old style from CZ, I know when I tried to buy 100 from ASG at SHOT show they said they had to look what they had in stock and I asked if they could just make more they said it was not so simple which leads me to believe the bought them in

There is a guy in Belgium been posting on the CZ forum he has a Scorpion with the stock the same as the ASG hook and plastic cap on it that came from CZ on the semi SBR

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here are side by side comparison shots between the OLD/ASG hook and plastic cap stock and the new CZ magnet metal cap version on on the post samples as you can see even the mold marks match up there is no doubt that ASG either have the original molds or bought the old style from CZ, I know when I tried to buy 100 from ASG at SHOT show they said they had to look what they had in stock and I asked if they could just make more they said it was not so simple which leads me to believe the bought them in

There is a guy in Belgium been posting on the CZ forum he has a Scorpion with the stock the same as the ASG hook and plastic cap on it that came from CZ on the semi SBR

View Quote

Thanks for posting this. I really want to wait for the "real" stock but patience has never been my strong suit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
The way cz is responding don't hold your breath. Also when you call asg asking for a stock they treat you like your a killer. Sure as hell they are going to change the asg stock so it doesn't work on the cz. Get them while there hot
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The way cz is responding don't hold your breath. Also when you call asg asking for a stock they treat you like your a killer. Sure as hell they are going to change the asg stock so it doesn't work on the cz. Get them while there hot
View Quote

Yup, one of the reasons I bit the bullet.  AGS is either going to voluntarily or CZ is going to force them to change the design on the stock so somehow they are no longer compatible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#41]
So is the only way to get the asg stock is buy the whole rifle?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So is the only way to get the asg stock is buy the whole rifle?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yup, one of the reasons I bit the bullet.  AGS is either going to voluntarily or CZ is going to force them to change the design on the stock so somehow they are no longer compatible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In one of the last contacts I had from ASG someone in the sales department in California decided to become involved and tried telling me that CZ expressly mention not to fit the Airsoft unit to the real weapon on there website, so far I have failed to find such disclaimer

I have compared both I cannot understand why they are trying to say there is a difference
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#44]
When I emailed ASG a few months back I inquired about getting a replacement stock.  I never mentioned anything about a firearm.  Here is the reply copy and paste:

No we do not sell the stock separately. Also if you are intending to use our AIRSOFT EVO stock onto the CZ EVO SP-1, I would not recommend it. Although it may fit with modifications, our stock material is different and it might shatter during use with real steel version causing sharp pieces flying into your face. So we do not suggest our recommend using something intended for toys to be used on real firearms.

Best Regards,

Andy Yoshida
Sales Manager

ActionSportGames USA, Inc.
View Quote

Needless to say, the response was just a legal CYA reply. No way this stock might "shatter" especially since they claim its the same polymer fibers as the factory CZ stock.

He also claims its made of a different material, which is a direct contradiction to more recent advertisements.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Nevermind the fact I bought an ASG Evo and have the stock so I can personally say this thing is built like a baseball bat.

I would bet $5,000 you could dump 1,000 rounds of 9mm back to back and not break it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When I emailed ASG a few months back I inquired about getting a replacement stock.  I never mentioned anything about a firearm.  Here is the reply copy and paste:

Needless to say, the response was just a legal CYA reply. No way this stock might "shatter" especially since they claim its the same polymer fibers as the factory CZ stock.

He also claims its made of a different material, which is a direct contradiction to more recent advertisements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No we do not sell the stock separately. Also if you are intending to use our AIRSOFT EVO stock onto the CZ EVO SP-1, I would not recommend it. Although it may fit with modifications, our stock material is different and it might shatter during use with real steel version causing sharp pieces flying into your face. So we do not suggest our recommend using something intended for toys to be used on real firearms.

Best Regards,

Andy Yoshida
Sales Manager

ActionSportGames USA, Inc.

I just emailed my contact at ASG to seek clarification, if they are not going to sell us the stocks at least I can have fun with it
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#47]
So, if you take a Airsoft part, and then make it a gun part are you making a gun part?

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#48]
"If you guys decide to do this, you will not be 922r compliant as the ASG is china made i think."

That is incorrect.  It is made in Denmark.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"If you guys decide to do this, you will not be 922r compliant as the ASG is china made i think."

View Quote

Partially incorrect. The ASG stock may be made in Denmark but it's still not a US-made part for the purposes of 922(r) compliance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Partially incorrect. The ASG stock may be made in Denmark but it's still not a US-made part for the purposes of 922(r) compliance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I dremel out the hole for it to function correctly on the firearm, I've modified it into a firearm part.  Does that not make me a US "maker" ?

Because that chunk of billet aluminum that I turned into a receiver wasn't cast in the US but I "made" it in the US...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top