Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.clearviewinvest.com/

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/images/products/detail/nano_033web.jpg

This looks to be about as AR and Glock magazine compatible as you're going to get without using a standard AR upper.  AR FCS, receiver extension, furniture, bbl, bbl nut.  Proprietary bolt, and upper & lower receivers.  Not going to be able to convert it later to DI, but 9x19mm guns have sounded like they're extremely dirty for DI.  Can't move the upper to an Uzi mag lower either, but for the price, seems pretty reasonable.  Bumpfire stocks may  not work, albeit you could build one specifically for this lower.
View Quote

Don't get me wrong, I really want this rifle to be good. I love my JRC as it is so stone reliable and accurate. I love my TNW ASR as its so compact and lighter than the JRC but doesn't have the nice AR trigger group that the JRC has. If this Nano could combine the strengths of the JRC (reliability and AR parts) and the ASR (Light weight and Glock mags)  it might be king of the hill for AR style 9mm carbines.

Are you reading this Clearview?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The last post here was about a month ago. I am hoping for lots more info on this.
One "You Tuber" blasted it as a fail, and from what I saw he was right.
Please keep this info flowing, I am very interested, and hope others are as well.
View Quote

I saw that video too, though I am extremely doubtful he fired over 2000 rounds through it like he says if he had a failure to feed 4 out of 5 rounds. He also kept mentioning headspace issues due to the loose barrel, so he's obviously not as knowledgeable as he thinks himself. Regardless, the claims he made in the video were discouraging.

There are a couple videos on YouTube from another guy where he compares the Nano to a Colt 5.56 and how the Nano lacks locking lugs and how this may affect feeding........ on the flipside he acknowledged that the Nano is a direct blowback and stated he'd never seen a 9mm AR to compare it to, so can't really hold that against him.

Regardless, we need to see a review by someone who is more knowledge and can give us a more expert evaluation (which would not be me, I'm no expert). I really wanted to pick one of these up and compare to my JRC, but I've yet to find a good FFL in the area, and have not seen one at a gunshow or for sale locally yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I saw that video too, though I am extremely doubtful he fired over 2000 rounds through it like he says if he had a failure to feed 4 out of 5 rounds. He also kept mentioning headspace issues due to the loose barrel, so he's obviously not as knowledgeable as he thinks himself. Regardless, the claims he made in the video were discouraging.

There are a couple videos on YouTube from another guy where he compares the Nano to a Colt 5.56 and how the Nano lacks locking lugs and how this may affect feeding........ on the flipside he acknowledged that the Nano is a direct blowback and stated he'd never seen a 9mm AR to compare it to, so can't really hold that against him.

Regardless, we need to see a review by someone who is more knowledge and can give us a more expert evaluation (which would not be me, I'm no expert). I really wanted to pick one of these up and compare to my JRC, but I've yet to find a good FFL in the area, and have not seen one at a gunshow or for sale locally yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The last post here was about a month ago. I am hoping for lots more info on this.
One "You Tuber" blasted it as a fail, and from what I saw he was right.
Please keep this info flowing, I am very interested, and hope others are as well.

I wouldn't mind trying one as I have a safe full of 9mm carbines to compare to. Trouble is I have some very nice 9mm carbines and my expectations are high. I really don't want to be a Beta tester for a gun that will end up being an orphan some day. If Clearview makes these work and promotes them they might sell. But trouble is history has shown that small time players like this (well, they are small compared to Ruger or Colt or Remington) tend to fall by the wayside and their products lose what little support they ever had. Down the road there are no parts or support and you are left with a pile of non-standard parts with no way to fix even the simplest of problems. Shame...but that is how the business is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
All of what you all have said, about this rifle ring true. I really want it to be GTG, but feel it is far from that yet.
I am now thinking I will leave this problem for someone younger and more patient.
As of now ( and that can change in a blink ) I am going with the Angstadt Arms rifle, and a Gen II of the Sub 2000.
Sure wish the Nano had saved me some money, and been worthy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread needs more detailed pics of the guts!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll get some pictures of the internals tonight. Is there anything in particular you want me to focus on?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  I'll get some pictures of the internals tonight. Is there anything in particular you want me to focus on?
View Quote

Throwing a ruler in your pics would be handy.  That would give us an idea of how much it's been shortened by.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I was mostly wanting to see a straight profile shot of where the upper and hand guard are connected.  Was just curious about swapping out hand guards after chopping the barrel.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#10]
The pictures can be a little misleading with regard to length, given the extremely close position of the camera. For example, the bolt is ~14cm long, but in the picture it appears to be 15cm. If you want an EXACT dimension, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

If you want to see specific receiver parts, let me know. I've already disassembled everything except for the trigger, but this would be a good excuse to learn.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The pictures can be a little misleading with regard to length, given the extremely close position of the camera. For example, the bolt is ~14cm long, but in the picture it appears to be 15cm. If you want an EXACT dimension, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

If you want to see specific receiver parts, let me know. I've already disassembled everything except for the trigger, but this would be a good excuse to learn.
View Quote

Thanks for the pics! Weird request, but can you snap a pic of the rear of the bolt too?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Weird request, but can you snap a pic of the rear..?
View Quote
Why you sick little...oh wait, the BOLT. Ahh, I understand now. Yep, will do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  Rail mating and upper length  
View Quote

Upper/lower mating

Bolt

Breech

Fire control

Magazine position

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Is the upper and lower ploymer or aluminum.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the great pictures, they really help.

My first impression is the metal work is good, I like the AR FCG parts....big plus there. The bolt is nice, well machined steel part that should hold up. The receivers look good.

My one question is about the feed ramp.   Did I read someone said it didn't have a feed ramp? I got the impression that the magazine just had to point the round in the right direction and it would magically jump into the chamber. One comment I read somewhere was that it worked better with Korean mags than with real Glock mags. Maybe they designed the angles using Korean parts?  

Overall I like the look of what we can see. But as they say in the country, the proof is in the pudding. Does it function correctly and shoot straight.  We will learn more as time passes and more users get their hands on these. It could be a big winner if they support it and there are no nagging bugs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  My one question is about the feed ramp.   Did I read someone said it didn't have a feed ramp? I got the impression that the magazine just had to point the round in the right direction and it would magically jump into the chamber. One comment I read somewhere was that it worked better with Korean mags than with real Glock mags. Maybe they designed the angles using Korean parts?  
View Quote

It's a magical feed ramp:

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't know enough about firearm design to defend or condemn the lack of a feed ramp. The only thing I can say is that I have hand-cycled at least 50 rounds (some steel-cased, some brass, and about 15 plastic dummy rounds) through this rifle and it has fed perfectly every time. For the record, that was with a Korean mag.

I believe the Glock vs KCI discussion was with regard to stripping the rounds, not feeding them, and I think the conclusion was that the mag release arm was to blame. The channel in which the mag release arm sits is, on some of these (not mine though), a bit oversized, and the arm pin had to be shimmed, which increased the mag insertion depth just enough to to allow for proper stripping.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Is the upper and lower ploymer or aluminum.
View Quote
They are aluminum.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow can it be finally a affordable 9mm ar carbine. I will watch these carefully The pics look nice. Consider this the prices of 5.56 ar rifles can be had very low so why is it that 9mm ar rifles start at such crazy prices. This could be a turning point.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it still functionally reliable in live fire since the washer-spacer fix?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, doodoo.  Don't know if I should go ahead and order or start planning a 9mm AR.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, doodoo.  Don't know if I should go ahead and order or start planning a 9mm AR.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Chrissopher/oh%20no_zpscro2m5al.jpg

CHRIS  
View Quote

I thought about this too. Waiting on my next bonus so the SO doesn't kill me. Hope they are still left by then
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#24]
They seem to be pretty popular, I wonder if they are just making some changes and coming out with a "new model". Doesn't make sense to design and tool up for a gun that is popular and seems to work well and then just drop it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Orphan?

This is what kept me from jumping on one. I have learned to wait and see. When I talked to Clearview they talked about the "next version" of this rifle, perhaps using cast receiver and such to keep the price down.Perhaps Centerfire knows something they aren't saying. Perhaps these did not take off like wildfire and the company is dropping them.  Who knows?

They sure do look cool and the price is right.....maybe too good to be true.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Went ahead and ordered one.  Was pricing out a dedicated 9mm AR and couldn't get anywhere near this price.

Should be a fun little gun after a couple of tax stamps go though.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I just fired my first 100 rounds through the Nano, and I gotta say...I'm in love.

There was one problem: on the very first round, it failed to go into battery, because the extractor had not engaged the cartridge lip. I had this happen a few times cycling it at home, and it was because I rode the bolt forward a little while releasing it, which robbed it of just enough force to cause it to fail. It can happen on lots of guns, and it's easy to avoid if you're conscious of how you're releasing the bolt/slide, but the Nano just feels a bit pickier about the minimum amount of force needed. Every mag change after that went fine, so it was just a matter of getting to know the system.

Other than the single operator error, I encountered zero failures of any kind, and the Korean mags worked flawlessly. The recoil was almost non-existent, and I was able to keep my sights damn near on the same spot after each round. Even the telltale AR 'sproing' sound was low pitched and relatively quiet.

Here's a picture of my target at 25 yards: http://i.imgur.com/wlssgbY.jpg. The target on the right is where I started sighting it in, then I adjusted and moved to the left target and stayed there for a while. The hits on the smaller targets were just me doing some quick acquisition drills after I was comfortable with the function.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top