Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 12:40:18 AM EDT
I think I want to go this route. Anyone have any experiences of one running better than the other?

I carry 9mm Glocks and thus have mags and what not so that is appealing. However, I value reliability more.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at QC10 small frame Glock lowers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thought those were the same thing? Ok well that's what I meant. Do you have one? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have  DDLES  and GPI FP9  both Colt style
Got the DDLES about 2yrs ago Lots of rounds thru it, very reliable, Love it
Just got a GPI took it to the range today ran 400 rounds thru it, flawless so far
The GPI was about $100 less  than the DDLES was

I thought about a Glock style  but I already own a bunch of Colt mags

I think I just read that Magpul is going to be making Glock mag's?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Magpul will be releasing the Glock pmags post shot show. The DDLES/Glock lowers are smooth.. Since your a Glocker as am I, can't go wrong.
-DM
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thought those were the same thing? Ok well that's what I meant. Do you have one? How do you like it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DDLES is gone QC10 has the run on the lower
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I went ahead and put one on backorder - a small frame Glock lower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I went ahead and put one on backorder - a small frame Glock lower.
View Quote

Same here. Carole was very helpful.

It should be here in about a week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The BHO has proven to be unreliable for a lot of people with yhe Glock lower.  The Colt lowers don't have any problems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Be aware the company is a bit of a hot mess
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Be aware the company is a bit of a hot mess
View Quote

Can you expand on that a bit?

QC problems? Customer Service problems? Financially weak?

Also, I thought they had sort of figured out the BHO issue?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Sold me a lower not In stock even though website said they were, never answer the phone , my form 1 got kicked back because of serial number issues , 2 descriptions for colt on lowers ,"col or clt" basically on my lower they have clt9mm then serial number. With my lower there is a space between clt9mm and serial but when they filed stuff with the atf it's suppose to be 1 long number..

So now the atf is trying to work with them to see if they changed serial number formatting again or they messed up on my lower ..

I attribute all of this to growing pains but still frustrating
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sold me a lower not In stock even though website said they were, never answer the phone , my form 1 got kicked back because of serial number issues , 2 descriptions for colt on lowers ,"col or clt" basically on my lower they have clt9mm then serial number. With my lower there is a space between clt9mm and serial but when they filed stuff with the atf it's suppose to be 1 long number..

So now the atf is trying to work with them to see if they changed serial number formatting again or they messed up on my lower ..

View Quote

Ouch. I was planning to SBR mine...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine could be an isolated issue or just combine the numbers I hope to know more this week .. I talked to the examiner on Thursday of last week and have not heard anything back from the atf and my direct email to qc has not been responded to which I assume is do to shot show .
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mine could be an isolated issue or just combine the numbers I hope to know more this week .. I talked to the examiner on Thursday of last week and have not heard anything back from the atf and my direct email to qc has not been responded to which I assume is do to shot show .
View Quote

Please keep me updated. I just gave them a call this morning and left them a message.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a new company I saw at Shot Show that seems promising called Angstadt Arms.  Played with their UDP-9 PDW at the show and found the machining quite impressive and said it will feature a bho for Glock magazines.  They will sell pistols, sbrs, rifles, and upper/lower receiver combos.  I was really interested in the Scorpion, but this one is actually making me think of going this route with a BCM 9mm barrel I have lying around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I was confused about the space as well. In the end, I just put the number and not the GSF prefix. GSF looked like the model designation.

It was approved. But I was ready to debate or resubmit as needed if I got disapproved.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was confused about the space as well. In the end, I just put the number and not the GSF prefix. GSF looked like the model designation.

It was approved. But I was ready to debate or resubmit as needed if I got disapproved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I did clt9mm for model then serial number and got rejected
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you all ever figure out how to know what the right serial number to use was?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did you all ever figure out how to know what the right serial number to use was?
View Quote

I entered the model and serial number the way they said to on their site.

http://www.qcircle10.com/faqs.html

i'll let you know in about 30 days what happened.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#20]
So my ffl friend got a new batch of lowers in and they finally have the markings correct
Fwiw with the people with the first batch of receivers of the colts it's the following for atf form 1

Model: clt9mm
Serial: clt9mmxxxxxx
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So my ffl friend got a new batch of lowers in and they finally have the markings correct
Fwiw with the people with the first batch of receivers of the colts it's the following for atf form 1

View Quote

Good to know. Thanks.

I'm assuming since mine was approved with just numbers, I'm good to go. They actually check the firearms made by a manufacturer for the specific serial number, correct?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good to know. Thanks.

I'm assuming since mine was approved with just numbers, I'm good to go. They actually check the firearms made by a manufacturer for the specific serial number, correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. Thanks.

Well my conversations with the atf they have a naming standard but not actual numbers .. It sounds like you got approved while there was confusion with the naming standards.. I'm not a lawyer so I cannot comment if it's legal or not based on what you have approved.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just looked at the faq.. Funny thing is that my 2nd attempt had spaces and it was rejected.
As I mentioned in a previous post the latest loweres have no spaces on em so who knows.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally had time to upload pics..

But you can see the difference in markings between the lower i had vs the new ones and why it was confusing.

My lower

New lowers
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Same with mine except it is GSF [space] 0001

No S/N prefix either.

New format certainly clarifies things a bit.

Quoted:
Finally had time to upload pics..

But you can see the difference in markings between the lower i had vs the new ones and why it was confusing.

My lower
http://i.imgur.com/DoTYMNul.jpg

New lowers
http://i.imgur.com/0uhU42el.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a DDLES small frame glock lower.  I don't know about Quarter10 but DDLES provided a a proprietary bolt catch spring which really is about half the size of a regular one.  I think it was to deal with broken bolt catches that were causing the owner some trouble.  Anyway, the bolt catch doesn't have much tension and it feels a little loose.  Little more noticeable if you are using a bad lever device.

I would confirm with Q10 if they still use that design.  Otherwise, it's a great lower!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top