Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2014 1:24:32 AM EDT
Parts kits are around although not cheap I was just curious if anyone ever attempted a semi auto build of an MP40 in 9MM?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
someone made one at one time, doubt it would have passed muster to make it into the US.

http://globalnews.ca/news/525833/525833/

If you really want one bad enough, go buy the real thing.   If you look hard enough, you can probably find a tube gun for $9-10k.

Otherwise you will probably be into a semi auto for at least $2k and it will likely never run right.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure someone on the weaponsguild has done one. Indianapolis Ordinance sells the semi auto bolt kit that will work for it.

You just have to come up with a semi auto FCG. A sten FCG would probably work fine. My semi auto sten using their bolt works great.

But you are looking at 2.5-3.5 K finished, and that's approaching actual subgun prices....
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Indianapolis ordinance vertical feed sten kit, plus dress up and tax stamp.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
A place called Schlosser's Shooting Room built about 50 of them ten or 12 years ago. 16" carbine version with folding stock, fixed (folded) stock pistol version, and SBR (I think). They were about $2500 then, and the last two I saw on GB were going for a grand more then that. If I remember right, the Mfg. was a reservist and got called up for active duty and shut the operation down, never to restart it. They were big into making blank firing non-guns for re-enactors, but that ended too. I was THIS CLOSE to knabbing one, but had a new kid and...you know. Now I have to be satisfied with the stupid GSG MP-40 .22lr. WHICH I just submitted a Form 1 for.

Found this:
http://www.guns.com/review/2012/06/18/gun-review-ssr-mp40/
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have an SSR40.  It functioned fine although there were some issues that I couldn't tolerate so I sold it.  Fun little gun though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering the same thing myself. SS Room was the main place to get them but they're all sold out and out of business. Have you found any parts kits that are complete?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top