Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 97 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Took mine out to run a few magazines through it before putting it away while the form processes. Noticed after the second magazine that the hand guard had left/right movement in it. Set it down, moved to something else and when I came back and it had cooled I guess, the hand guard was solid as a rock again.

Anyone had theirs loosen up?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Offspring:

Here's mine with the BCM.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5801/22453232409_f49446f348_k.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Offspring:
Originally Posted By MTNRider:
Originally Posted By ImageX:
Originally Posted By MTNRider:
Originally Posted By ImageX:
Almost done... finally. My Octane 9 will be here in a few days and then it will be finished.... other than adding a laser/light. I love this thing!

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/2929/FIYkHH.jpg

For a minute I thought you stole my gun. That is my exact setup right down to the 3 lug. (plus a RVG )

Sweet.

I haven't decided if I want to run a RVG or not but if I do... I think I'd go with the BCM Gunfighter Shorty. I have a Larue FUG that I love... but the QD mount will tear into the Scorpion's polymer... so it's staying on my Scar17.

Here it is with a RVG. I like it, a BCM shorty would probably work well also. I don't actually hold it by the RVG, more of a brace for my hand between it and the forward stop if that makes sense.

<a href="http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/Triple8Racing/media/IMAG1671_zpswz96rycu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff375/Triple8Racing/IMAG1671_zpswz96rycu.jpg</a>

Here's mine with the BCM.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5801/22453232409_f49446f348_k.jpg

Kind of like that. I might just have to order one of those and try it out. Thanks for the pic.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't make the cut at KVAR so I am waiting on a stock kit. Anyone know where to sign up on the CZ site or any other places taking preorders?  Has cz said when another batch would come in?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dustrod:
All painted up

<a href="http://s246.photobucket.com/user/wdrodgers/media/20151107_162114_zpshpk8fqcr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/wdrodgers/20151107_162114_zpshpk8fqcr.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s246.photobucket.com/user/wdrodgers/media/20151107_162129_zpsphqgzpnd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/wdrodgers/20151107_162129_zpsphqgzpnd.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s246.photobucket.com/user/wdrodgers/media/20151107_162242_zps7eqzijqg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/wdrodgers/20151107_162242_zps7eqzijqg.jpg</a>
View Quote

You sir have inspired my winter project
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
I didn't make the cut at KVAR so I am waiting on a stock kit. Anyone know where to sign up on the CZ site or any other places taking preorders?  Has cz said when another batch would come in?
View Quote

February  
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hking:

February  
View All Quotes

February  

according to who? I've yet to see a February timeline statement made by CZ-USA.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
2nd hand from dealers calling KVAR and other suppliers, supposedly CZ told  CZ-USA no evos or parts till 2016 and CZ-USA told KVAR and other distributors Feb 2016.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
2nd hand from dealers calling KVAR and other suppliers, supposedly CZ told  CZ-USA no evos or parts till 2016 and CZ-USA told KVAR and other distributors Feb 2016.
View Quote

I'll wait for first hand confirmation on that one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

View All Quotes

I was on the phone with CZ-USA last week and was told the same thing.  Allocations for 2015 are full/complete/over.  

I know it's not 'first hand,' but if you're waiting for CZ to call and tell you, you might be waiting a while...
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]

February  
View All Quotes

February  

Damn.  My form 1 should be approved any day now.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gbosh:

I was on the phone with CZ-USA last week and was told the same thing.  Allocations for 2015 are full/complete/over.  

I know it's not 'first hand,' but if you're waiting for CZ to call and tell you, you might be waiting a while...
View All Quotes

for stock kits or Scorpion evos themselves? We know they have stated the allocation of the physical guns is over, but I have seen no where that they are claiming stock kit allocation is complete.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#12]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
Took mine out to run a few magazines through it before putting it away while the form processes. Noticed after the second magazine that the hand guard had left/right movement in it. Set it down, moved to something else and when I came back and it had cooled I guess, the hand guard was solid as a rock again.

View Quote

Willy check to be sure your forearm screws are tight.I have dumped over 500 rounds through mine and have not had this at all. I only have 5 30 round mags so it gets to cool after 150 rounds getting pushed threw her. To load them up again. These are essentially A1's without the select fire option and thus should be able to handle semi auto mag dumps no problem.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By akuser-47:

Willy check to be sure your forearm screws are tight.I have dumped over 500 rounds through mine and have not had this at all. I only have 5 30 round mags so it gets to cool after 150 rounds getting pushed threw her. To load them up again. These are essentially A1's without the select fire option and thus should be able to handle semi auto mag dumps no problem.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

Thanks will do.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]

for stock kits or Scorpion evos themselves? We know they have stated the allocation of the physical guns is over, but I have seen no where that they are claiming stock kit allocation is complete.
View Quote

Good point - allocation for the pistols is done for the year.  The rep indicated they are 'assembling' the 922r kits from individual parts, then sending the kits out are they are completed (in batches).
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:50:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#15]
The stock sets thanks to delays of there actual introduction. I doubt will hit their limit in their import allocation. maybe possibly next year. That still depends as to this being something they regulate as a 922 sbr compliance kit may not get regulated by import limitations. Can anyone confirm it is?
Also anyone here have department authorization to field the a1 or s1 as a rifle for duty use, and if so how has the department judged this platform if there is an opinion yet?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The stock sets thanks to delays of there actual introduction. I doubt will hit their limit in their import allocation. maybe possibly next year. That still depends as to this being something they regulate as a 922 sbr compliance kit may not get regulated by import limitations. Can anyone confirm it is?
View Quote

I'm honestly not sure what you just said.  so to answer I will go with..... What?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#17]

I'm honestly not sure what you just said.  so to answer I will go with..... What?
View All Quotes

ok Had a few beers so my words aren't clear I apologize. I am thinking that beens the stock kits were delayed to getting imported in the first place. I doubt if there was a limit to import of them that they'll reach that limit this year.
sorry for drinking and posting
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:05:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pedro66] [#18]
The CZ Club Shop in Prague was telling customers January or February for any Bren or EVO stocks give them a call or email +420 225 375 800  [email protected]  

If anyone gets a better answer they most likely won't sell or ship to the USA you will need to find a friend in Europe that they will ship to who can forward it on

Part Numbers Are

3663-1360-0701ND GEN 1 Plastic Joint

3663-1360-0703ND GEN 2 Metal Joint

ETA kind of makes you wonder if the is a 0702ND version also that has not been seen yet
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Finally done.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#20]

I bet that is mighty quiet with subsonics and that big Bowers can.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]
suggestions on chest rigs for scorpion mags?

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By developer:

View Quote

Not sure how 'retro' you're looking to go, but I have one like this and the Scorpion mags fit in it very well.
I have found that many of the mag pouches designed for either the Uzi or the MP5 are not a good fit them because the Scorpion mags are a little shorter and broader.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surplus-Chinese-Army-Canvas-Type79-Chest-Rig-Ammo-Pouch-Bag-Case-0037-/272013848245?hash=item3f5549eeb5:g:n34AAOSw9N1VvN7Ghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Surplus-Chinese-Army-Canvas-Type79-Chest-Rig-Ammo-Pouch-Bag-Case-0037-/272013848245?hash=item3f5549eeb5:g:n34AAOSw9N1VvN7G
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

What about a Molle panel chest rig and the CZ double mag pouches available through CZ?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd say they're closer to MP7 mags.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I'm so jelly about the stock
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CTran555:

What about a Molle panel chest rig and the CZ double mag pouches available through CZ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTran555:

HSGI Extended Pistol Taco's work nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone here know of anyone making a Form 1 suppressor adapter that is a direct thread (M18x1) for the barrel that also has indents around the edge to utilize the factory keeper to keep the can from backing off with use?  I've seen the Octane adapter that I could use on my Octane 9mm can but I'd rather make a dedicated suppressor for this Scorpion and ideally it wouldn't have any additional adapters (I've seen some piggy back style adapters that give you a more standard 1/2x28 thread but this is less than ideal for my needs) in between the barrel threads and the suppressor itself.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By -Jer-:
Does anyone here know of anyone making a Form 1 suppressor adapter that is a direct thread (M18x1) for the barrel that also has indents around the edge to utilize the factory keeper to keep the can from backing off with use?  I've seen the Octane adapter that I could use on my Octane 9mm can but I'd rather make a dedicated suppressor for this Scorpion and ideally it wouldn't have any additional adapters (I've seen some piggy back style adapters that give you a more standard 1/2x28 thread but this is less than ideal for my needs) in between the barrel threads and the suppressor itself.
View Quote

Why not use a dremel and make the indent yourself?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Mine will arrive tomorrow. It was a long, long weekend.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I want a stock

No luck though, and I'm not spending $400 on gunbroker
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

I would think it would have to be indexed to the particular gun.  Best to get an adapter then mark where you need the indent to be and have somebody machine a slot.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Dsully:

View All Quotes

Because it's likely that an end cap with that thread would have been machined such that it wouldn't interfere with the keeper unless it was specifically designed to have notches to interact.  Otherwise you wouldn't be able to shoulder it up w/o running into the detent if that all makes sense.  I think a form 1 thread cap would have to be either machined to use that detent or it would have to clear it or it wouldn't function meaning that one couldn't simply buy one made to not interact and dremel the notches because the back corner wouldn't come into contact with it.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By agriebel:
I would think it would have to be indexed to the particular gun.  Best to get an adapter then mark where you need the indent to be and have somebody machine a slot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agriebel:

See previous reply.  Unless I'm missing something one can't simply add material to an adapter that is made to stop short of that keeper.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

I bought one last week, but my dealer sells as many CZ as he can get. Very popular in his shop. Two Evo's came in and both were sold by 3PM. Will try it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Because it's likely that an end cap with that thread would have been machined such that it wouldn't interfere with the keeper unless it was specifically designed to have notches to interact.  Otherwise you wouldn't be able to shoulder it up w/o running into the detent if that all makes sense.  I think a form 1 thread cap would have to be either machined to use that detent or it would have to clear it or it wouldn't function meaning that one couldn't simply buy one made to not interact and dremel the notches because the back corner wouldn't come into contact with it.  
View All Quotes

Pretty sure that it would work on the set up I have. You have to lift that little keeper up a little to spin the can all the way down. I could mark the spot and dremel an indent and it would work. Maybe I'm not reading or understanding what you are saying but I think I do.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Pretty sure that it would work on the set up I have. You have to lift that little keeper up a little to spin the can all the way down. I could mark the spot and dremel an indent and it would work. Maybe I'm not reading or understanding what you are saying but I think I do.
View All Quotes

No, I think you're reading me right.  Can you post a picture perhaps so I can see what you're talking about?  Maybe I am over complicating this and maybe the solution is easier than I'm making it seem in my own mind.  That sure would be nice for a change.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#37]
No, I think you're reading me right.  Can you post a picture perhaps so I can see what you're talking about?  Maybe I am over complicating this and maybe the solution is easier than I'm making it seem in my own mind.  That sure would be nice for a change.  
View All Quotes

if you go to my flickr account and view the original size of this picture, you can see the tab resting on the mount.  a little dremel cut and it would rest in it

SD8A5407-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#38]

if you go to my flickr account and view the original size of this picture, you can see the tab resting on the mount.  a little dremel cut and it would rest in it

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/392/18794724898_7d0cc02127_b.jpgSD8A5407-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
View All Quotes

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/392/18794724898_7d0cc02127_b.jpgSD8A5407-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr

I can see it.  That's the SilencerCo Scorpion for the Octane though, right?  I'm looking for a similar option for the Form1 cans that I can modify to work with that keeper if it isn't already made to interact.  I want to keep my Octane 9mm a pistol suppressor with 1/2x28 piston and I want to build a dedicated Ti can for this Scorpion and need either an adapter that fits the funky M18x1 threads or I need to look into the 1/2x28 barrel on the V2 Scorpion and a more common direct-thread adapter.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#39]
There are a few shops making 18x1 adapters for either Form 1 cans of existing cans.  Check the Form 1 Suppressors board.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Why not just buy the Octane 18x1 adapter and then thread the inside of your form 1 can to match the Octane's internal thread pitch?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#41]
It is the Octane. You are correct.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#42]
My Form 4 cleared today.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I just installed a Vortex Sparc II and it is an absolute cowitness with the factory sights. Just waiting on an opportunity to test it out now that I have my 922r kit.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Leeland111:
I just installed a Vortex Sparc II and it is an absolute cowitness with the factory sights. Just waiting on an opportunity to test it out now that I have my 922r kit.
View Quote

Oh yes the sparc II is awesome on the scorpion.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Definitely worth the wait for the stock. And if anyone wondered it fits just fine in the "pistol" case:

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 1:24:45 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Leeland111:

I have an original Sparc on my S&W AR 15-22 and it works great. I'm very pleased with the fit, look and cowitness on the Scorpion. Now I just need to test it all out. I'm waiting on an adapter to try my Osprey 9 as well. I have everything to connect my Octane 9HD, but want to test them back to back to see which one works better.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
For those that had swapped their grip with the new 922r grip, how the hell did you get the nut/washer out of the existing grip to move it to the new one? The new grip didn't have it, and I cannot get the existing one out of the old grip for the life of me. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver, tried pushing it out for the back, banged and shook it trying to jar it loose, nothing seems to get that little bastard out of there. Any tips?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#48]
My new grip had a nut pre-installed in it... was my kit special?

Also my disconnector was in the same bag as my flash hider, and it was lodged inside the flash hider and took some ciphering to get out.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
My new grip had a nut pre-installed in it... was my kit special?

Also my disconnector was in the same bag as my flash hider, and it was lodged inside the flash hider and took some ciphering to get out.
View Quote

Hmmm, I double and triple checked all packaging(2 boxes and 3 bags. Seriously K-Var/CZ?)and definitely did not have that nut anywhere in the package.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:
For those that had swapped their grip with the new 922r grip, how the hell did you get the nut/washer out of the existing grip to move it to the new one? The new grip didn't have it, and I cannot get the existing one out of the old grip for the life of me. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver, tried pushing it out for the back, banged and shook it trying to jar it loose, nothing seems to get that little bastard out of there. Any tips?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Are you referring to the threaded receiving nut on the right side of the grip? The grip in my kit included that and I can find no way to remove it from the old one. Call CZ if your grip does not have one.

Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:Also my disconnector was in the same bag as my flash hider, and it was lodged inside the flash hider and took some ciphering to get out.

Same. I threw that bag into the trash when I opened my box and underwent a short panic when I found something missing from the kit.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 97 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top