Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 8 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I need to do the math on weight with a loaded 30 round mag, an RDS, stock, and can.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

KYWIs are better IMO.  Not as versatile, but unless you're using the same pouch for several different types of mags, they're far and away the better pouch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
I need to figure out what I'm going to do for a mag holder.

http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/ex-ptaco-11EX00.html

I have 3 tacos right now. They're pretty much flimsy pieces of shit. It probably wouldn't be bad only holding one mag, but I'm kind of soured.

Not my experience at all. The Tacos I have are the best mag pouches I've yet encountered. I suspect you haven't got the shock cord tensioned appropriately.

KYWIs are better IMO.  Not as versatile, but unless you're using the same pouch for several different types of mags, they're far and away the better pouch.

I have tacos as well, I like these better: hardpoint universal mag pouch
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]

187 available of the first 3. Odd.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bruins:
Originally Posted By jonboy20:
CZ USA has a few items in their store now for the EVO.  LINK

Has anyone been able to purchase any of these items yet? Do you think they're quality?

Well the inventory is changing....so looks like people are starting to order stuff.......hope they get the mags on soon....the stock too!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Well the inventory is changing....so looks like people are starting to order stuff.......hope they get the mags on soon....the stock too!!!
View All Quotes

Has anyone been able to purchase any of these items yet? Do you think they're quality?

I actually got a sight set to use on my AXR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

For ~$30, why not?  I might pick up a set for something
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Those sights do not look like the ones that are coming on the US guns. The US ones have 4 apertures and look a little nicer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Any updates on the SB15 bracket they're manufacturing for this pistol?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't the atf go back and say that the arm brace can not be shouldered?  Thought the Satan administration went ballistic after they first said there's no way to improperly use it thus giving a loop hole to shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gabeowp:
Didn't the atf go back and say that the arm brace can not be shouldered?  Thought the Satan administration went ballistic after they first said there's no way to improperly use it thus giving a loop hole to shoulder.
View Quote

The way I am understanding it is they are saying you are not allowed to build a pistol with the brace with the INTENT of bypassing the NFA. You can still build a pistol with the brace, and it is still a pistol, and as of right now there is no illegal way to hold a pistol to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gabeowp:
View Quote

The question in the opinion letter was phrased "without a Form 1" and was interpreted by the ATF worker as intent to use the brace as a stock, in lieu of registering as a short barreled rifle. The maker's INTENT was deemed as making an illegal SBR, not the simple act of shouldering the brace.

It's okay, for now.  But let's not send any more opinion letters in okay?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#11]
I bid to $1000 on the one on GunBroker.....he can have it for that much........but decided to keep bidding just to see where he would go........he ended up bidding $1250 for it, and I decided to stop before I ended up winning, and having to pay $1250 for an $850 gun......I just wanted to see how much he was going to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Airborne_Infantryman:
I bid to $1000 on the one on GunBroker.....he can have it for that much........but decided to keep bidding just to see where he would go........he ended up bidding $1250 for it, and I decided to stop before I ended up winning, and having to pay $1250 for an $850 gun......I just wanted to see how much he was going to pay for it.
View Quote

What would you have done if his max bid was <$1250? Other than pay significantly more than it's worth? That guy is crazy for bidding that much
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:

What would you have done if his max bid was <$1250? Other than pay significantly more than it's worth? That guy is crazy for bidding that much
View All Quotes

x2.

The way I see it, waiting half a year to a year will give you reviews to see if it lives up to it's hype, and you will get it for less. It's like being paid for a product you know more about, vs paying more for something and being the tester.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I would have have learned a painful lesson, and been the proud owner of a new Scorpion Evo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Dick move
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#16]

Dick move
View All Quotes

Dick move

Yea. I'm a dick.

However, I would've bought it if I won it at the excessively retarded price....I may be a dick, but I'm a man of my word......obviously this gun is worth lots to the other guy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Dick move
View All Quotes

Dick move

I used to do that to everyone on eBay. Never once got burned.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Wow, way to be a shining example of what is wrong with this community. You did something with the express intent of screwing over another potential gun owner. What the hell is the purpose of screwing him over, what do you gain other than making us look like dicks? Seriously, F off man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#19]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Wow, way to be a shining example of what is wrong with this community. You did something with the express intent of screwing over another potential gun owner. What the hell is the purpose of screwing him over, what do you gain other than making us look like dicks? Seriously, F off man.
View All Quotes

Wahhhhhhh. I would've bought it if I had won, even for $1250.... Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Wahhhhhhh. I would've bought it if I had won, even for $1250.... Cry me a river.
View All Quotes

youre such a jerk man! I cant believe you would actually offer to pay more money than someone else! How dare you!  you're such a meanie.

dont try that shit when I go to buy.

seriously, i'll cut  you!

ok, not seriously, I'll stop bidding at what I'm willing to pay for it
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

youre such a jerk man! I cant believe you would actually offer to pay more money than someone else! How dare you!  you're such a meanie.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

I know, rite?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akumadiavolo] [#22]

View All Quotes

Did I say anything about you not buying it? That has nothing to do with what I said. I am always amazed at how people can act like assholes and then be proudly arrogant about it. That's fine it's your right to do so, but like I said, you are one of the biggest problems in the gun community. And you seem to enjoy that fact. We are a small enough community that is under attack enough as it is, being further divisive like isn't something an intelligent and mature person should do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:58:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#23]

Not my fault that you're a beta.

ETA: I'm done. We now return to you're regularly scheduled thread.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#24]
He bid a price he was willing to pay. What's the problem? That's how auction sites work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I think you really wanted it but just didn't want to admit you were willing to spend $1250....

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Not my fault that you're a beta.
View Quote

Nah, I am just not a spiteful little manchild like you.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I am more excited about this gun than I have been about any gun in a looooong time.

The project I have in mind for it will probably be close to $3K (gun, 2 tax stamps, suppressor, stock, optics, light, mags, etc...)

But no way in hell do I plan to pay a penny over MSRP for it. $1250 is not worth it IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
I think you really wanted it but just didn't want to admit you were willing to spend $1250....  
View All Quotes

I was conflicted,  but was gonna leave it to a roll of the dice.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
He bid a price he was willing to pay. What's the problem? That's how auction sites work.
View Quote

I'm just mad that every dealer is going to be putting it up on Gunbroker now if they can get over 1250 for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ROLL612:

I'm just mad that every dealer is going to be putting it up on Gunbroker now if they can get over 1250 for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ROLL612:
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

There are going to be a lot  of $1250 reserves and dealers using shill bidders to bid the gun up.  At the end of the day, the market will determine what it'll go for.  It's the bidders choice if they want to buy it at $1250, I won't...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#31]
http://youtu.be/M9CgsAjFZxQ
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I've messaged the seller and told them about your bid tampering. I hope they make it right for the real buyer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

I've messaged the seller and told them about your bid tampering. I hope they make it right for the real buyer.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

That isn't bid tampering. He said if he won the item he would have paid for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#35]

View All Quotes

LOL. Tell me 14'ER - How is it bid tampering? I'd have bought it if I won it.

I was willing to pay up to $1250 for it. I stopped at what I valued it at.

Hopefully you sent him the link to this thread, so he can see your claims are inaccurate.

Let me put this in more simple terms for you -

I decided to play a sort of Russian Roulette - I bid more than I wanted to pay, in hopes I got outbid.....if I didn't get outbid, I was going to be the new owner of an Evo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The-Bald-Monk] [#36]
Comment withdrawn because this a technical forum.

Monk

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

yup, becasue they dont want more money for the item, whic is why it was an auction, instead of a sale.

I figure I'll work a bunch of OT and get one in a couple months
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

_lol_
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#39]
We have two Post Samples being delivered to us for the range. CZ came out for a demo about 2-3 months ago and let us test them out while waiting on the Form 2's to go through.  I can tell you that it handles nice and would make a great semi-auto SBR. The staff liked it more than our MP5's.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
We have two Post Samples being delivered to us for the range. CZ came out for a demo about 2-3 months ago and let us test them out while waiting on the Form 2's to go through.  I can tell you that it handles nice and would make a great semi-auto SBR. The staff liked it more than our MP5's.

http://i.imgur.com/q4cbeNZ.jpg

View Quote

Thread firmly back on topic!

This IS the natural EVOlution of the MP5 IMO. I will be SBR'ing one for sure.
We'll find a way to make it 922r compliant, and even if I can't get the CZ stock, I'll use a brace adapter with a Magpul Stock.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By tifosi:

We'll find a way to make it 922r compliant, and even if I can't get the CZ stock, I'll use a brace adapter with a Magpul Stock.

View All Quotes

Nah. Blowback is going backwards imo. The price point is what is going to sell this thing.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Nah. Blowback is going backwards imo. The price point is what is going to sell this thing.  
View All Quotes

I admittedly don't know a whole lot about the current crop of sub-guns, but how many pistol caliber sub-guns AREN'T blowback?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#44]

I admittedly don't know a whole lot about the current crop of sub-guns, but how many pistol caliber sub-guns AREN'T blowback?
View All Quotes

Basically none.

The MP5 series is delayed blowback. The only other option is the Sig MPX which uses a gas piston.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

MP5 and MPX, that's about it.  Even the UMP is straight blowback.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I am more excited about this gun than I have been about any gun in a looooong time.

The project I have in mind for it will probably be close to $3K (gun, 2 tax stamps, suppressor, stock, optics, light, mags, etc...)

But no way in hell do I plan to pay a penny over MSRP for it. $1250 is not worth it IMHO.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat. I want the exact same setup, but no way will I pay more than MSRP for it. Sooner or later prices will normalize and you won't have to allow yourself to be violated to get ahold of one
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I am going to spend every second of this week waiting for my LGS to call and tell me mine are in. Probably going to have to wait for SHOT to find out about the sig brace adapter and who knows when the 30rd mags will hit, cz-usa has said they are on order with CZ but that could mean anything really.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Me too- on all 3 points.

I do hope the threads turn out to be something more standard though. That will save me an adapter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emopunker2004] [#49]

View All Quotes

14'er gonna '14 for sure.  They can't and won't do a thing.

Now back to the topic: Me likey.  Hopefully I will be able to obtain one sometime down the road.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruins] [#50]
Comment withdrawn after seeing Mod's request to get back on topic.

I pre-ordered through my LGS, are people getting their orders in already? I wasn't expecting it for another month or so.

Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 8 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top