Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 70 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTran555:

Sweet. When did you submit? Hoping to see mine soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By king_reptar:
Sweet. Just got the email, Form 1 finally approved. now I just need a compliance kit/factory stock...

Sweet. When did you submit? Hoping to see mine soon.

March 25th, so... 96 days. Which is way longer than my other Form 1, that took 35 days... But that was in December.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I'm sitting on day 92.  Thank you for giving me hope that I'll see it before July 4th weekend.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

People have been putting thread on Tri-lug adapters on 1/2x28 and 1/2x36 tpi threaded HK barrels for years (often HK94's cut down from 16" to 8" when SBR'ed and the like) and there have not been issues.  

My personal opinion is people are throwing around terms without really knowing or understanding the relationship of the parts or thread types.   You are going to get more chance of offest boreline from a tri-lug, whether or not integral to the barrel or a thread on adapter, than from any thread on adapter.   The 18x1 metric is a pretty fine and snug fitting thread, and the barrel cocentricity looks good.  I do not forsee any issues.

On an aside, from an engineering standpoint a tri-lug is a both an expensive and not ideal solution for accurately mounting a suppressor.  What it is meant for is a system that allows very quick mounting and demounting and you do not have to worry about fouled threads.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Originally Posted By Dustrod:
I made a video of the complete disassembly of the Scorpion. I ran into issues taking some parts off the lower so hopefully this video will help if you run into the same issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AIMO9onCXs

Excellent video, I am going to repost it on the Manticore Facebook page.

Do you have any comments on the tolerance stacking issue that was discussed a couple pages back with respect to using 3-lug adapters on the scorpion?  

I do NOT want to start a pissing match as I appreciate all the comments.  But since it is your part that I am eye-balling, and I am trying to make an informed decision, figure you guys would have some input one way or another.

People have been putting thread on Tri-lug adapters on 1/2x28 and 1/2x36 tpi threaded HK barrels for years (often HK94's cut down from 16" to 8" when SBR'ed and the like) and there have not been issues.  

My personal opinion is people are throwing around terms without really knowing or understanding the relationship of the parts or thread types.   You are going to get more chance of offest boreline from a tri-lug, whether or not integral to the barrel or a thread on adapter, than from any thread on adapter.   The 18x1 metric is a pretty fine and snug fitting thread, and the barrel cocentricity looks good.  I do not forsee any issues.

On an aside, from an engineering standpoint a tri-lug is a both an expensive and not ideal solution for accurately mounting a suppressor.  What it is meant for is a system that allows very quick mounting and demounting and you do not have to worry about fouled threads.  

Thank you for taking the time to lend your expertise to this topic.  What you said makes much sense as well.   So, the answer appears to be to decide if you need the QD feature, and then live with the cost and risk of offset accordingly…as minimal as they may be.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I'm sitting on day 92.  Thank you for giving me hope that I'll see it before July 4th weekend.
View Quote

I'm at 90 today. I probably won't make it in before the holiday by the looks of it. The last one I did back in December-January was 32 days. Ah, the good O'l days.
I also have a Form 4 sitting at 97 days and and another form 1 sitting at 18 days and counting.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm right around 80 days now. The lack of stocks/922 kits makes the wait a whole lot more bearable though.

On a positive note though.... my Octane 9 was delivered to my dealer today.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Have any of you who have already gotten forms back considered just putting an AR buffer tube/stock on it until a stock kit comes out?

The adapter is only like 40 bucks, and I'm sure most of you have a buffer tube/stock lying around

Just curious
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:
Have any of you who have already gotten forms back considered just putting an AR buffer tube/stock on it until a stock kit comes out?

The adapter is only like 40 bucks, and I'm sure most of you have a buffer tube/stock lying around

Just curious
View Quote

922r is still an issue. For those that don't care about these types of things, yes. Most are using an AR stock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTHKTX] [#8]

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
how many of you are running an octane 9/45 can? And what style of mount with it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sitting on day 86, now I'm starting to get antsy
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
View Quote

I am at 83 days but do not have high hopes. I already had one denied because I live in Washington state. FBATFE
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By to4e440:

I am at 83 days but do not have high hopes. I already had one denied because I live in Washington state. FBATFE
View All Quotes

What?! Is that a thing? You can't own NFA items in Washington? I was thinking about moving there after school...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]

What?! Is that a thing? You can't own NFA items in Washington? I was thinking about moving there after school...
View All Quotes

SBRs are in limbo right now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

View All Quotes

Is there a reason? That's highly unfortunate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

The law authorizing them was poorly written. Someone at the state level was speaking with someone at the ATF about it, ATF got spooked and either denied or held up all pending form 1s. There had been some talk about silencers getting held up, but they're moving now apparently.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By rocky59:
how many of you are running an octane 9/45 can? And what style of mount with it?
View Quote

Octane 9 here, running a tri-lug from SiCo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone wanted to see a highly detailed picture of the Octane 9 HD and the direct thread mount

SD8A5413-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#18]

EVO 3 with Osprey 45 :D

CZ Scorpion EV 3 S1 by Slvrwrx, on Flickr

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
EVO 3 with Osprey 45 :D

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/v6YNBc" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3669/19102011809_2ed063c8fa_z.jpg</a>CZ Scorpion EV 3 S1 by Slvrwrx, on Flickr

View Quote

That's what I'll be doing once it's out of jail.

Do you have any more pics of it? Side on?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
When does that Manticore 3-lug go into production? That's what I'm waiting on.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Octane 45 here sitting on a TROS 3 lug adapter.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MTNRider:

I'm at 90 today. I probably won't make it in before the holiday by the looks of it. The last one I did back in December-January was 32 days. Ah, the good O'l days.
I also have a Form 4 sitting at 97 days and and another form 1 sitting at 18 days and counting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MTNRider:

I just got mine back today.  It was submitted on March 24th.  You should be right in here soon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Still doing some fitment confirmation to make sure we got it dead on right.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Still doing some fitment confirmation to make sure we got it dead on right.

Sven
Manticore Arms

My M92 PAP stamp is coming at the same time as the Evo, when will you have some more triangle stocks in?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Same here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a gem tech black side for a damn good deal yesterday so looks like that is what is going on it.
Efiled form 1 getting done today
Form 4 for the cabs are being sent off today as well.
Safety is at the door when I get home.

I'm beginning to hate this gun
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#28]

<a href="http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/gthktx/media/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/gthktx/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is that a KAK Shockwave Blade on a factory CZ adaptor?

If so, how is that combo working for you? Snug, any play?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SpecWired:

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/gthktx/media/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/gthktx/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg</a>

The Shockwave works great with the Scorpion. The adapter takes any buffer tube, so the Shockwave fits right on there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine yesterday; fired off a few rounds at my FFL holders backyard range (next door to a children's day-care center).

What a great pistol. But, who decided to make the trigger pull about 100 lbs?

At first I thought I hadn't taken off the safety.....

This one is later manufacture, with the lack of the extruded plastic protrusion on the magwell.

BTW, in a different chassis and a longer barrel, this could be an awesome bullpup!

G.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Blindeye:
Got mine yesterday; fired off a few rounds at my FFL holders backyard range (next door to a children's day-care center).

This one is later manufacture, with the lack of the extruded plastic protrusion on the magwell.

BTW, in a different chassis and a longer barrel, this could be an awesome bullpup!

G.
View Quote

Explain? Pics?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Its great. The KAK looks way more streamlined and less goofy than the Sig brace, and its more traditional looking than the CAA/Thordsen buffer cover

Its very stable. I opted to forego the castle nut and just threaded the tube into the adapter and held it in place with the two set screws it comes with. Nice and solid.

Plus its adjustable (via set screw) for about 10 different positions ranging from all the way forward to all the way back. Its quite stable at all positions, no matter how much of the brace is actually over the tube
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Explain? Pics?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blindeye:

G.

Explain? Pics?

I'm pretty sure he means the ears that are on the mag release on some of the earlier production models as opposed to the latest manufacture date models which don't have the ears.

Also, on another note I eFiled my Form 1 the other day so I guess ~90ish days and counting till I get my stamp. Hopefully the stock/922 kit will be released by then.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LabelFacingRight:
Also, on another note I eFiled my Form 1 the other day so I guess ~90ish days and counting till I get my stamp. Hopefully the stock/922 kit will be released by then.
View Quote

It's around 97+ days and climbing now. I'm at 93 today so I'm close but still a few days away. Given the 4th Holiday I'm probably looking at late next week. I would think by the time you get your stamp they should be close to getting something out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#35]
I, myself am sitting at 95 days on my stamp. Per a post I read on the CZ-USA FB page, they are saying mid-August to early September timeframe on the 922 compliance kits.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds about right. Mine was submitted March 25th, I got it back Monday, the 29th. So 96 days
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm trying to get one but haven't had contact returned from CZ for their first responder program.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tex7488:
I'm trying to get one but haven't had contact returned from CZ for their first responder program.
View Quote

I don't think its first responder. I think it's just Mil/LEO
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

View All Quotes

Someone at some point on here mentioned paramedic in my PM's. So I'm hoping!

I may call next week after holiday and see if I can get a response on it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's the link about newer manufacture:http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/07/01/laugo-arms-scorpion-evo-3/
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

If you don't hear back in a day or two PM me and I will get you the contact info of the guy I got mine through.  I even talked to CZs CEO on the telephone...when they sent me my pistol without ever asking for payment!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:13:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#42]
She is a wonderful person.

Scorpion as is right now, changes in the wind.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Took my Scorpion out to the range yesterday to do initial shots and to sight in the red dot/irons. All I can say is that I cant wait until my stamp comes in because this is just uncomfortable (even with the safety delete, the hand stop took a chunk out of my index finger) and awkward to shoot as a pistol. Another issue I had was that the front sight can't be lowered enough to get a zero, when co-witnessed with the red dot, the dot is about halfway down the front post.

I'm not too concerned about these issues, just somethings that I'll have to train around or wait till I get a stock and see if they go away. Overall, while I wish that I could get the irons to zero, I'm pretty happy with this purchase now if they would only release the stock kit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Picked up a gem tech black side for a damn good deal yesterday so looks like that is what is going on it.

Efiled form 1 getting done today

Form 4 for the cabs are being sent off today as well.

Safety is at the door when I get home.

I'm beginning to hate this gun
View Quote

How are you planning on using your Blackside with the EVO? I don't believe Gemtech sells a piston blocking tube/spacer for the Blackside.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#45]
For those still struggling to find mags:

30 rounders in stock for $20
https://czcustom.com/czevoscorpion9mm30rdmag.aspx

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By complex57:

Good luck!
View Quote

Still in stock at time of posting, supply/demand improving.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Good luck!
View Quote

Just ordered 4. Hope they hang in there...trying to talk myself out of any more, to resist is futile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Good luck!
View Quote

I ordered a few. We'll see if I was quick enough.

BTW has anyone switched from the pistol sights to the LPA subgun sights? Anyone know why they are so cheap on CZ's web store?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
She is a wonderful person.

Scorpion as is right now, changes in the wind.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20Scorpion/Scorp%20and%20P-09%201_zpsmqv9tgwh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20Scorpion/Scorp%20and%20P-09%201_zpsmqv9tgwh.jpg</a>
View Quote

What rail covers are these? I've been looking for something like that for a while
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 70 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top