Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 7 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Well my SOT put his hands on them at the Ellett Bros show, today....
View Quote

He may have seen some LE restricted SBRs/Subguns, or a few samples. But according to CZ and my distributor (that also shoots for CZ and is a CZ distributor) They just left the factory for the US.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:

He may have seen some LE restricted SBRs/Subguns, or a few samples. But according to CZ and my distributor (that also shoots for CZ and is a CZ distributor) They just left the factory for the US.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well my SOT put his hands on them at the Ellett Bros show, today....

CZ Samples
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
How much is the first one on Gunbroker gonna go for?  my guess is $1245.  Guess we'll have to wait 4 days and see.  I would much rather have an H&K ump, but that seems stupid when I can buy a CZ Scorpion Evo, and still have $2,500-3,500 left over for ammo etc.  For that chunk of money i can get over the caliber difference.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=462350580
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidMichHunter] [#4]
We'll see, but my guess is $1,500.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sweet pics, can't wait to get mine.

Any word on the adapter yet? Cz said they would be available when the pistols were released.

What are you all thinking for optics for this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeonC] [#6]
Originally Posted By Psw757:
Pretty sweet pics, can't wait to get mine.

Any word on the adapter yet? Cz said they would be available when the pistols were released.

What are you all thinking for optics for this?
View Quote

According to CZ they're in-production right now in the US and should be available shortly.

I was thinking of running a T1 or T2 in a low-mount to co-witness the irons.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
CZ USA has a few items in their store now for the EVO.  LINK
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the money set aside for a t1, suppressor/adaptor/stamp, stock/stamp, and of course the gun.

But Im not ordering any of it until I get a solid answer on the stock.  Why is it so hard for them to give a straight answer?  Are they not working with any aftermarket companies?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:52:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#9]
Originally Posted By itstock:
But Im not ordering any of it until I get a solid answer on the stock.  Why is it so hard for them to give a straight answer?
View Quote

You haven't been paying attention very well, they are waiting on the ATF to respond to their official inquiry as to the relevance of 922r to this gun should a buyer SBR it on a Form1.  They likely will not sell a stock to non-SOT's until that determination is made by the ATF.

Yesterday was the 30 day mark.  You know how the ATF works...
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#10]

You haven't been paying attention very well, they are waiting on the ATF to respond to their official inquiry as to the relevance of 922r to this gun should a buyer SBR it on a Form1.  They likely will not sell a stock to non-SOT's until that determination is made by the ATF.

View All Quotes
But Im not ordering any of it until I get a solid answer on the stock.  Why is it so hard for them to give a straight answer?

I now read the thread and realize that is the reality.

But I'm still not ordering until I find out if here will be a stock or not.  . i just want a yes or no, is there a second option?  I mean, if someone steps up to the plate, I have an easy 2-6 months for them to finalize the stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

If it's sold separately what's the issue?
It's up to the owner of the gun to make the gun 922r compliant when SBRing and installing the stock, is it not?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Just curious. What constitutes a US-made part? Can I take a CZ stock and modify it some how and call it a US-made stock using Czech-materials?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By benb:
Just curious. What constitutes a US-made part? Can I take a CZ stock and modify it some how and call it a US-made stock using Czech-materials?
View Quote

no....

MAYBE if you melt it down, and use the plastic in a new mold though. Modifying something does not change where it came from.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LeonC:

It's up to the owner of the gun to make the gun 922r compliant when SBRing and installing the stock, is it not?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LeonC:

I suppose if making it SBR was not possible to 922r, and CZ imported stocks for the civilian market, there may be some sort of "intent" crap from the ATF. Never know...

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]

But I'm still not ordering until I find out if here will be a stock or not.  . i just want a yes or no, is there a second option?  I mean, if someone steps up to the plate, I have an easy 2-6 months for them to finalize the stock.
View Quote

Then order. They have said in absolutely no uncertain terms that they are importing the stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Then order. They have said in absolutely no uncertain terms that they are importing the stock.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akumadiavolo] [#17]

View All Quotes

It was part of their announcment post, I don't know why people are still unsure about that.

"CZ-USA: We plan to bring in the factory folding stock as an accessory for those who wish to SBR it."

And they reiterate it a few more times as people keep asking.

"CZ-USA Carl Douglas Miles- When we know delivery date and pricing on the stock, we'll make it known. Rest assured, they will go right on with the push of a button. And a Form 1 and the requisite wait time...."
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#18]

It was part of their announcment post, I don't know why people are still unsure about that.

"CZ-USA: We plan to bring in the factory folding stock as an accessory for those who wish to SBR it."

"CZ-USA Carl Douglas Miles- When we know delivery date and pricing on the stock, we'll make it known. Rest assured, they will go right on with the push of a button. And a Form 1 and the requisite wait time...."
View All Quotes

They don't even know if it's compliant as per atf, and I am supposed to rely on pr as a solid answer?  

Look, I want this gun.  But I only want it if I can sbr it with a stock made for the gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#19]
If 922(r) is an issue then it will be taken care of quickly.  The aftermarket will see to it if CZ doesn't.  Parts willikely be available within a month or two of the pistol being released.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#20]

They don't even know if it's compliant as per atf, and I am supposed to rely on pr as a solid answer?  

Look, I want this gun.  But I only want it if I can sbr it with a stock made for the gun.
View Quote

SBR's made from handguns have never been subject to 922r, so I don't understand why people are worrying. If they were there are undoubtedly a shit ton of illegal Glock SBR's out there. The ATF can try to flip the script and suddenly try to enforce it, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#21]

SBR's made from handguns have never been subject to 922r
, so I don't understand why people are worrying. If they were there are undoubtedly a shit ton of illegal Glock SBR's out there. The ATF can try to flip the script and suddenly try to enforce it, but I doubt it.
View All Quotes

SBR's made from handguns have never been subject to 922r
, so I don't understand why people are worrying. If they were there are undoubtedly a shit ton of illegal Glock SBR's out there. The ATF can try to flip the script and suddenly try to enforce it, but I doubt it.

That's just simply not true.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#22]

SBR's made from handguns have never been subject to 922r, so I don't understand why people are worrying. If they were there are undoubtedly a shit ton of illegal Glock SBR's out there. The ATF can try to flip the script and suddenly try to enforce it, but I doubt it.
View All Quotes

Glocks are already under ten foreign made components when it comes to 922(r), you could even use a foreign made stock and still be at ten or less foreign parts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akumadiavolo] [#23]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

Glocks are already under ten foreign made components when it comes to 922(r), you could even use a foreign made stock and still be at ten or less foreign parts.
View Quote

Austrian Glock + Israeli RONI = 922r violation. That is probably the most common Glock SBR setup. The RONI adds more than enough foreign made parts to push it over. What about all those setups?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Austrian Glock + Israeli RONI = 922r violation. That is probably the most common Glock SBR setup. The RONI adds more than enough foreign made parts to push it over. What about all those setups?
View All Quotes

By my count a stock and foregrip puts it right at ten parts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#25]

By my count a stock and foregrip puts it right at ten parts.
View Quote

Plus the muzzle device that it adds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#26]
FYI, an EVO showed up at my local dealer's today (in Kansas).

No, it is not mine. Pretty sure they are keeping it haha.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Regardless of 922(r), and just my opinion, I think the 'pistol' will be fun as hell and if an SBR is available, then great!
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]
To ask the question.....

How many parts on the list are in the Scorpion?  What parts would be the easy ones to replace to get to number down to ten?

Thanks,

Red

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I see there is one on Gunbroker now starting at $850. Hopefully that means some floodgates are about to open.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
To ask the question.....

How many parts on the list are in the Scorpion?  What parts would be the easy ones to replace to get to number down to ten?

Thanks,

Red

View Quote

As a pistol, 14.  Add a stock and that gets you to 15.  Replace the fire control group and muzzle device and you'd be good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]

As a pistol, 14.  Add a stock and that gets you to 15.  Replace the fire control group and muzzle device and you'd be good.
View All Quotes
To ask the question.....

Thanks,

Red

What can you replace the fire control group with?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
To ask the question.....

Thanks,

Red

US built aftermarket FCGs won't take long I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:
To ask the question.....

Thanks,

Red

This.  Also, I'm assuming that they're using a similar design to the full auto version.  I haven't seen schematics for the semi auto yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jonboy20:
View Quote

Has anyone been able to purchase any of these items yet? Do you think they're quality?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bruins:

Has anyone been able to purchase any of these items yet? Do you think they're quality?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bruins:
Originally Posted By jonboy20:

187 available of the first 3. Odd.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AR-TRVLR:
If you were to make a SBR out of one, where does the MFG info get put?  On the plastic, or is there metal to be found?
View Quote

The barrel is acceptable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

View All Quotes
If you were to make a SBR out of one, where does the MFG info get put?  On the plastic, or is there metal to be found?

So is the plastic.  Only the serial is required to be engraved in metal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I need to figure out what I'm going to do for a mag holder.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/ex-ptaco-11EX00.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:51:53 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

I have 3 tacos right now. They're pretty much flimsy pieces of shit. It probably wouldn't be bad only holding one mag, but I'm kind of soured.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#41]

I have 3 tacos right now. They're pretty much flimsy pieces of shit. It probably wouldn't be bad only holding one mag, but I'm kind of soured.
View All Quotes

Not my experience at all. The Tacos I have are the best mag pouches I've yet encountered. I suspect you haven't got the shock cord tensioned appropriately.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:

Not my experience at all. The Tacos I have are the best mag pouches I've yet encountered. I suspect you haven't got the shock cord tensioned appropriately.
View All Quotes

KYWIs are better IMO.  Not as versatile, but unless you're using the same pouch for several different types of mags, they're far and away the better pouch.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure the info has to be openly visible without disassembly,, so you may have to modify the hg to easily see it on the barrel. If this was not true, people would be putting their sbr markings inside their ar magwells.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:48:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#44]
Originally Posted By rcbif:
Pretty sure the info has to be openly visible without disassembly,, so you may have to modify the hg to easily see it on the barrel. If this was not true, people would be putting their sbr markings inside their ar magwells.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rcbif:

Not mine, and pretty sure it's just photoshop

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I have the money set aside for a t1, suppressor/adaptor/stamp, stock/stamp, and of course the gun.

But Im not ordering any of it until I get a solid answer on the stock.  Why is it so hard for them to give a straight answer?  Are they not working with any aftermarket companies?
View Quote

LOL
If it were this cut and dry I'm sure there would be a backlog already.
It's a gamble at this point and if you don't have any machine work experience you will be more or less at the mercy of the industry.
I'm going to get the stock one way or another and machine everything else to get it compliant. No probs for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I have X2RPs. The design can't handle that much weight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#47]
How much do these weigh? DannerTrax
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DannerTrax:
View Quote

a tidge over 6lbs
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#49]

a tidge over 6lbs
View All Quotes

a tidge over 6lbs

That's a lot for the size. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:42:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#50]

View All Quotes

a tidge over 6lbs

Blowback means heavy bolt and beefy chassis.
It's lighter than 99% of the AR's out there and a lot more compact.  having the weight close in will make it feel and handle lighter.
It weights about as much as a SBR Kriss empty.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 7 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top