Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 55 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnConnor:

I stand corrected then.

Any reason not to go into detail? It's not like the information itself is illegal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pedro66:
Very well written and I agree with everything you said, but one small part.

The trigger was completely redesigned for the semi-auto version, so the fact that the full auto one is heavy shouldn't matter one bit. The trigger is my only real complaint also and I would love an SD-3G to drop into my scorpion.

Actually the trigger is pretty much the same even has the space for the second disconnector for the burst, when we convert the EVO back to select fire and without going into too much detail its really a very straight forward process obviously the sear catch is missing off the hammer but its the same hammer, trigger and disconnector the selector is missing the right notches to hold the disconnector but that does not effect the trigger as such but other than putting back the correct auto sear and mount its the same

I stand corrected then.

Any reason not to go into detail? It's not like the information itself is illegal.

Not good form to post "A How To" on forums
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SilentKnight04:
any ETA on the CZ stock?
View Quote

Pretty sure CZ said end of summer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 9:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iiiwildfireiii] [#3]
USPS lost my 30 round mags today.  I was home when the mail was delivered and my tracking number said it was left in the mailbox.  Nope.

You better believe I went door to door knocking.  Worth it!

Also, thought I'd share my idea with you guys.  I was kind of irritated at the range while swapping between arm brace and the normal end cap, so I went and found a buffer tube plug.  Now I leave the buffer tube adapter on all the time and use the, ahem, butt plug on the pistol.  Even better, the plug has a single point sling adapter built into it.  Now, no hunting for a punch to swap adapters!  

You're welcome.

(Another thought:  I wish someone would make a grip plug so I can keep the buffer tube plug in it.)

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I submitted my eForm 1 tonight.

How long am I looking at?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Leeland111:

View Quote

Refer to this thread in General Class 3. Right now you are looking at around 75 days.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Think its back up to 75ish days

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By shadycoh:

View All Quotes

Oh well. I may have my can by then and I need to figure out an optic. I'm thinking an Aimpoint T1 with a LaRue low mount. Anyone using this? Does it co witness?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Oh well. I may have my can by then and I need to figure out an optic. I'm thinking an Aimpoint T1 with a LaRue low mount. Anyone using this? Does it co witness?
View All Quotes

I just bought an Aimpoint T2 with the factory mount. Seems to be about a lower 1/3 co-witness.  Wanted to go with the Larue low mount but I've been told it's not amo optimal setup due to potential damage.  As I've been told, the split rail (space in the middle) and the small lug on the Larue mounts can lead to damage with the mount and/or rails.  This was a problem with the Tavor as well from what I'm told.  The factory mount has the full locking bar/screw that goes all the way across.  So it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By CTran555:
I just bought an Aimpoint T2 with the factory mount. Seems to be about a lower 1/3 co-witness.  Wanted to go with the Larue low mount but I've been told it's not amo optimal setup due to potential damage.  As I've been told, the split rail (space in the middle) and the small lug on the Larue mounts can lead to damage with the mount and/or rails.  This was a problem with the Tavor as well from what I'm told.  The factory mount has the full locking bar/screw that goes all the way across.  So it shouldn't be an issue.
View All Quotes

Does anyone have examples of this???  Or they just don't like it and think this might happen???

I have several of these LT-660 Mounts (The taller one) and I've ran them on ARs, Beretta CX Storms, my Scorpion no issues...  

The center lug is there for a purpose, it fits in between rail slots to give it more locking traction if you will, vs just side clamping on each side of the rail...

I will say the 660 is a bit High for the Scorpion, so I put my Mircodot back on the lower mount that came with it, but I'd love to try the 661 or the HK, to see how it fits (Height wise)...

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runner6m] [#10]

Originally Posted By smullen:
Does anyone have examples of this???  Or they just don't like it and think this might happen???
I have several of these LT-660 Mounts (The taller one) and I've ran them on ARs, Beretta CX Storms, my Scorpion no issues...  
The center lug is there for a purpose, it fits in between rail slots to give it more locking traction if you will, vs just side clamping on each side of the rail...
I will say the 660 is a bit High for the Scorpion, so I put my Mircodot back on the lower mount that came with it, but I'd love to try the 661 or the HK, to see how it fits (Height wise)...

View All Quotes

He's saying that the center lug does not go all the way across the mounting base, so rails that have a channel down the center will put more force on the edges of that lug. Larue will, or at least used to, tell you not to use their mounts on these types of rails.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By runner6m:

He's saying that the center lug does not go all the way across the mounting base, so rail that have a channel down the center will put more force on the edges of that lug. Larue will, or at least used to, tell you not to use their mounts on these types of rails.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/sworley98/2drw85f_zpsb85decb5.jpg

View All Quotes

He's saying that the center lug does not go all the way across the mounting base, so rail that have a channel down the center will put more force on the edges of that lug. Larue will, or at least used to, tell you not to use their mounts on these types of rails.

Older POF rails are one example of this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#12]

He's saying that the center lug does not go all the way across the mounting base, so rails that have a channel down the center will put more force on the edges of that lug. Larue will, or at least used to, tell you not to use their mounts on these types of rails.

View All Quotes

I see what you're saying about the rails...  Not sure why some Weapons/Rail makers do that...

1st I've heard of issues with the LT mounts though...  I guess with as many different manufactures and combos out there, its bound to happen...

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

My Larue mount does not fit my Scorpian or Tavor. Also confirmed by Larue Customer service. They are not ment to fit those split type rails. Yes you can get it on but it is not secure and may not be repeatable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]

I see what you're saying about the rails...  Not sure why some Weapons/Rail makers do that...

1st I've heard of issues with the LT mounts though...  I guess with as many different manufactures and combos out there, its bound to happen...

View All Quotes

If you're simply looking for a raised mount but one that's lower than your standard absolute co witness, try the ADM CAS-V mount. It co witnesses nicely with micro height sights made for raised rails, like the Troy micro-HK and Diamondhead micro-d sights.

www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_Aimpoint_T1_Micro_Mount_CAS_p/ad-t1-cas-v.htm

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#15]
View Quote

weight reduction and looks

Even my old DPMS LR308 A3 upper receiver has the center notched out of the rail.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a nooner today... Even a quickie was fun
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Midas_touch:
<a href="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/kdventus/media/C7D03A8A-9994-44A7-9C50-4C5F1FB37936.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/kdventus/C7D03A8A-9994-44A7-9C50-4C5F1FB37936.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:51:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerz_subbie] [#18]
<a href="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/kdventus/media/C7D03A8A-9994-44A7-9C50-4C5F1FB37936.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/kdventus/C7D03A8A-9994-44A7-9C50-4C5F1FB37936.jpg</a>
View Quote

What can is that? Looks pretty long, but maybe it's just the angle. I imagine it's not too fun shooting suppressed in pistol form? My F1 and F4 should be back about the same time but curious anyway.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:

What can is that? Looks pretty long, but maybe it's just the angle. I imagine it's not too fun shooting suppressed in pistol form? My F1 and F4 should be back about the same time but curious anyway.
View All Quotes

I'm looking at about the same time for the Osprey and my Form 1 on the Scorpion. Unfortunately, my Octane 9 HD is somewhere in Form 3 land.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tex7488] [#20]
I'm sure this has been covered in the last 109 pages, but: To form 1 this thing,

Do parts have to be changed for 922r or whatever? If so, how, what, and where do I buy?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By tex7488:

I'm sure this has been covered in the last 109 pages, but: To form 1 this thing,

Do parts have to be changed for 922r or whatever? If so, how, what, and where do I buy?

Thanks
View Quote

Contrary to what some will say, YES...  To keep it 922r compliant, you'll need to change some parts...

CZ is working on getting a 922r kit together, should be this summer sometime...

Other companies are looking at making parts too...

I suck at the 922r parts count, so I won't comment on that...  It will just cause 600 more pages of bickering, much like the 1st line of my reply could, if the natives are feeling frisky...

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone had a confirmed F1 approval without a parts change? Would be my next question.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone had a confirmed F1 approval without a parts change? Would be my next question.
View Quote

There have been several. ATF does not care about proof your gun is 922 compliant.  The onus is on you the maker of you get busted for having one that's not compliant.  Which is pretty unlikely as a standalone charge.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Ah. I think I'd rather play it safe than sorry though. I really want one to form 1. But don't know jack about 922r, or about fixing something to comply with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Any chance of a picture? I'm debating picking up a used T1 or buying a T2 for my Scorpion.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Ah. I think I'd rather play it safe than sorry though. I really want one to form 1. But don't know jack about 922r, or about fixing something to comply with it.
View Quote

I would go ahead and submit the form 1 now.  As long as you don't put a stock on it, you'll be fine.  CZ has already announced they will be selling a compliance kit with the factory stock around the end of summer. One stop shop.  By the time your stamp gets approved, you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTran555] [#27]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

Any chance of a picture? I'm debating picking up a used T1 or buying a T2 for my Scorpion.
View Quote

Here's looking through the factory sights and through the Aimpoint T-2 with factory mount and the flip covers closed:

Here's the optic mounted from the side:

Sorry for the iPotato pics.  Also, really hard to get the sights and optic lines up with my phone's camera.

Hope it helps.

I was able to score the T-2 New in Box for $650 at the Fort Worth Gun Show so it was a pretty easy choice for me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentKnight04] [#28]
Originally Posted By MTNRider:

View All Quotes
any ETA on the CZ stock?

Thanks for the update, picked up mine last weekend & from 1 filed yesterday so I guess I'll just have to have an ar stock on it until then.

That is 922r compliant correct? I ordered the stock adapter from cz
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

That can actually is pretty long. It's about 10in but I had it made by a gunsmith here in my city. Performs pretty good and the cost was hard to beat
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#30]
To be 922r compliant the gun cant have over a certain number of parts on it from a foreign maker. Those parts are different for different guns. If you go to the CZ facebook page they have a blow up of the parts that need to be changed to make it 922r compliant.

If you use a US made ar stock you will also need to change out 5 other parts. They can be magazine <it counts as 3> a US made muzzle device <1 point>  trigger parts < I think there are 4 in the cz triggar pack> a fore grip <1 point> pistol grip <1 point>
Those are what I remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for the update, picked up mine last weekend & from 1 filed yesterday so I guess I'll just have to have an ar stock on it until then.

View All Quotes
any ETA on the CZ stock?

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#31]

I would go ahead and submit the form 1 now.  As long as you don't put a stock on it, you'll be fine.  CZ has already announced they will be selling a compliance kit with the factory stock around the end of summer. One stop shop.  By the time your stamp gets approved, you'll be good to go.
View All Quotes

Yes, go ahead and submit the form now. Best case, you have your approved F1 just as CZ releases the compliance/stock kit. Worst case you get the F1 first and just wait for the kit before trying any other stocks on.

As I said earlier, I should have my F1 and F4 back right before the compliance kit comes out and that's pretty much perfect IMO.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#32]

Here's looking through the factory sights and through the Aimpoint T-2 with factory mount and the flip covers closed:

http://i.imgur.com/Z5awoDb.png

http://i.imgur.com/1z9k1V7.png

Sorry for the iPotato pics.  Also, really hard to get the sights and optic lines up with my phone's camera.

Hope it helps.

I was able to score the T-2 New in Box for $650 at the Fort Worth Gun Show so it was a pretty easy choice for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

http://i.imgur.com/Z5awoDb.png

http://i.imgur.com/1z9k1V7.png

Hope it helps.

Appreciate the photos! Do you notice the iron sights getting in the way of the sight picture though? All I've ever used are flip up BUIS. I think I recall someone else replacing their Scorpion's factory iron sights with some flip up BUIS as well. Just looked... a bit out of place.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Honestly, no. Like I said earlier. It's more of a lower 1/3 co-witness. It doesn't obscure the sight picture much at all.  I can have my head more up and look over the sights just fine and get a good look though the Aimpoint.

Basically, it looks more like the pics on the right:

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Yes, go ahead and submit the form now. Best case, you have your approved F1 just as CZ releases the compliance/stock kit. Worst case you get the F1 first and just wait for the kit before trying any other stocks on.

As I said earlier, I should have my F1 and F4 back right before the compliance kit comes out and that's pretty much perfect IMO.
View All Quotes

Don't have the gun yet. Waiting to hear back from CZ about first responder program.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Escotch] [#35]
I also went with the T2. With the low mount I think the cowitness is too messy and cluttered. I'm not really used to running cowitness as my SBRed AR with Eotech has no BUIS and my 16" has the magpul BUIS. I'll probably take off the CZ sights and run my T2 alone and this will also allow me to run a light at 12:00, my preferred spot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Escotch:
I also went with the T2. With the low mount I think the cowitness is too messy and cluttered. I'm not really used to running cowitness as my SBRed AR with Eotech has no BUIS and my 16" has the magpul BUIS. I'll probably take off the CZ sights and run my T2 alone and this will also allow me to run a light at 12:00, my preferred spot.
View Quote

I'd buy those take-off sights if you don't plan to use them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Escotch:
View Quote

Wouldn't a light at 12:00 obscure your sight picture even more than the CZ sights?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I finally decided on an optic and went with the 5 moa M-Rad.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anybody had difficulty mounting a Magpul AFG to their Evo? I tried but it seems to be extremely tight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By camoman33935:
Has anybody had difficulty mounting a Magpul AFG to their Evo? I tried but it seems to be extremely tight.
View Quote

I mounted one, it was tight but it went on.  I'm not really sure I like it so I'm going to try a true VFG.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I have found just about any accessory fits tight. Some don't fit at all without forcing. The only exception is 2 piece designs that clamp on vs. slide on. Like I mentioned before, I think the rail is slightly out of spec.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#42]

I have found just about any accessory fits tight. Some don't fit at all without forcing. The only exception is 2 piece designs that clamp on vs. slide on. Like I mentioned before, I think the rail is slightly out of spec.
View All Quotes

It's Czech-spec.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Just picked up my Evo today... You guys weren't kidding, the right side safety does suck! I can't stand even handling it in it's current state. I'll try to stick it out until I SBR it.

The charging handle is also way too small for my liking. I'm even more anxious to see Manticore's charging handle and fore end designs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:12:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#44]
We went out and shot the scorpion some more today. Double taps were a breeze. I need to order a thread adapter so we can try the Tirant 45.

Friend shooting (not me)

http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/norinco982lover/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7733DD33-872B-43C3-A571-19C3577F20E4_zpsphawsdgi.mp4.html
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:

I mounted one, it was tight but it went on.  I'm not really sure I like it so I'm going to try a true VFG.
View All Quotes

Just a reminder, that you need to submit a form 1 to add a VFG.  I have a angle grip on mine, it's ok for now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:37:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ffemt596] [#46]
Originally Posted By agriebel:

Just a reminder, that you need to submit a form 1 to add a VFG.  I have a angle grip on mine, it's ok for now.
View All Quotes

Unless it's over 26" then you're good to go.  Think long tube/stabilizer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ffemt596:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ffemt596:

It is right now, I'm on my 64th day of my Form1 wait, so I'll just keep the AFG on for the short time I have left before the stamp comes through.  THX for the heads up, I forgot why I went the AFG route until now...
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I thought the barrel would have to be over 16".
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought the barrel would have to be over 16".
View Quote

Nope.

Although it's a bit of a gray area with the Scorpion, since the buffer tube is not required for function and is so readily removable.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#50]
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 55 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top