Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 4 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Re: everyone above, here is the message (with her pemission to reprint) I recieved this morning from J&G Sales (AZ) after I asked about others who wish to pre-order from them (they HAD five available - none left):

"...Unfortunately, when it comes to any new manufacture item there are only a limited amount upon first production available for specific dealers (allocation)... After that point, it is up tho the manufacturer as to how many they produce and make available. I would love to help your acquaintances on your forum however I cannot guarantee anything at this point but just those few we have on order now... that is how I would explain the situation to any customer that would call in..."
View Quote

Odd, I just called J&G about 2 hours ago and they said I was the only one who had pre-ordered one yet (I did last night). He said they didn't even know about the weapon before I called in to order.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tumbler:

Odd, I just called J&G about 2 hours ago and they said I was the only one who had pre-ordered one yet (I did last night). He said they didn't even know about the weapon before I called in to order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Re: everyone above, here is the message (with her pemission to reprint) I recieved this morning from J&G Sales (AZ) after I asked about others who wish to pre-order from them (they HAD five available - none left):

"...Unfortunately, when it comes to any new manufacture item there are only a limited amount upon first production available for specific dealers (allocation)... After that point, it is up tho the manufacturer as to how many they produce and make available. I would love to help your acquaintances on your forum however I cannot guarantee anything at this point but just those few we have on order now... that is how I would explain the situation to any customer that would call in..."

Lol@trusting gun sales people.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Local CZ dealer won't order one for me, even after I offered the possibility of paying upfront if the price was right.  

Wouldn't quite a price, wouldn't order for me and wouldn't even call their distributor.  No more business from me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have about $1,000 ready for one but no dealers close that I would ever deal with.  If i don't pre-order one, I bet the gunbroker price will be legal rape.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#5]

View All Quotes

No idea, just going with what I was told. Maybe they have more and were lying to one or both of us. I didn't get that feeling though. Bottom line is that there are going to be Evos out there at some point in 2015.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:
Local CZ dealer won't order one for me, even after I offered the possibility of paying upfront if the price was right.  

Wouldn't quite a price, wouldn't order for me and wouldn't even call their distributor.  No more business from me.
View Quote

dicks
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Which optic do you think will work best with this?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bruins:
View Quote

Depends on if you want to still be able to use the low irons,  maybe a Fastfire
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Something small
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

dicks
View All Quotes

dicks

Maybe they know how product is allocated and that it is impossible to guarantee price or availability until the gun is actually in stock. Lots of distributors don't have waiting lists so unless you are high on your reps list and they get allocated guns you are SOL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Saw a Meopta MRAD on one of them... never seen or used one though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

First one that came to mind:

Trijicon RMR
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Or that!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I called around too basically just to ask about any info available.  All the local places I spoke with said they won't know much until after SHOT.  Called 3 places, all said the same thing:  They aren't taking names down, aren't making a wait list, don't know anything other than it's supposed to hit the market sometime "soon".
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mabuz:

I called around too basically just to ask about any info available.  All the local places I spoke with said they won't know much until after SHOT.  Called 3 places, all said the same thing:  They aren't taking names down, aren't making a wait list, don't know anything other than it's supposed to hit the market sometime "soon".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mabuz:

I called my local dealer yesterday and was told basically the same thing. They expected a lot more details after SHOT.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Sometimes I wonder if these gun shops know that the company has sales reps?  If I'm a CZ dealer, and someone wants to fork over money for a CZ, you could bet your ass I'm going to call CZ on the phone and sort it out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Sometimes I wonder if these gun shops know that the company has sales reps?  If I'm a CZ dealer, and someone wants to fork over money for a CZ, you could bet your ass I'm going to call CZ on the phone and sort it out.
View Quote

And the majority of gun manufacturers won't do anything but tell you to call a distributor.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:

And the majority of gun manufacturers won't do anything but tell you to call a distributor.
View All Quotes

Yup and the distributors frequently don't know either as they deal with the same reps. In my experience nobody reals knows anything until right before the guns are actually shipping out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Maybe they know how product is allocated and that it is impossible to guarantee price or availability until the gun is actually in stock. Lots of distributors don't have waiting lists so unless you are high on your reps list and they get allocated guns you are SOL.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

dicks

This is the case more often than not.

That being said, it sounds like they weren't too helpful, period
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
As a general rule, sales reps are worthless, and are always 5 states away, and won't deal with you unless your order is several thousand.  Plus they charge more than distributors.  And many of them these days are subcontracted or temps (for a number of manufacturers), and don't know a damn thing.

It's sad when I learn more about product on here than from sales reps, but that is often how it goes
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, on a different note, does anyone know the optic that's mounted in the Colin Noir review on page 3 (I think)? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Wubbman:
Hey, on a different note, does anyone know the optic that's mounted in the Colin Noir review on page 3 (I think)? Thanks.
View Quote

looks like Zeiss Z-point
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I would like to see a pic w/ Sig SBX brace....I haven't found one yet.

I like the factory stock and I don't want to SBR
I wonder if it will be available as a carbine or maybe adding  faux pinned suppressor and adding a factory stock might look ok
Looks like the barrel is threaded inside of receiver,mabye a 16" barrel will be available in the future
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By firststrike51:

I wonder if it will be available as a carbine or maybe adding  faux pinned suppressor and adding a factory stock might look ok
Looks like the barrel is threaded inside of receiver,mabye a 16" barrel will be available in the future
View Quote

It won't ever be imported the way you want it.  The only reason it's being imported as a pistol is to avoid the import restrictions on rifles.  Maybe if it sells well as a pistol CZ-USA will make enough parts stateside to assemble rifles that are compliant with 922r, but I doubt it would be any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

You lucky SOB

View All Quotes

You lucky SOB

Really lucky... I secured another one. There's a good chance it will end up on the EE if my buddy doesn't want it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Really lucky... I secured another one. There's a good chance it will end up on the EE if my buddy doesn't want it.

View All Quotes

You lucky SOB

First Dibs been called yet? If not, dibs!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

It won't ever be imported the way you want it.  The only reason it's being imported as a pistol is to avoid the import restrictions on rifles.  Maybe if it sells well as a pistol CZ-USA will make enough parts stateside to assemble rifles that are compliant with 922r, but I doubt it would be any time soon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Originally Posted By firststrike51:

I was thinking that I read somewhere that it already had nine US/ 922r parts.....but I cant find that info now,So I must be mistaken.
I read it is a compete pistol when imported so it would have no US made parts.
AKs need six 922r parts.....the scorpion may need more,so it would seem I need to look for a pistol brace.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a look at it field stripped in a video CZ posted shortly after the announcement, and I don't think you'll need that many US parts. It doesn't appear to have a bolt carrier, nor a gas piston/op rod. I couldn't see how the barrel attaches to the receiver but it's conceivable that it may be screwed or pinned directly to the receiver, eliminating a separate trunion. Simplicity works in your favor with 922r.  CZ has said they submitted a letter to the ATF asking for a definitive parts count on the EVO, but I'm cautiously optimistic that you may be able to get by with a mag follower, mag floor plate, and new muzzle device (which you'll probably need anyway if you intend to run a can on it).
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lovecraftfan:
I got a look at it field stripped in a video CZ posted shortly after the announcement, and I don't think you'll need that many US parts. It doesn't appear to have a bolt carrier, nor a gas piston/op rod. I couldn't see how the barrel attaches to the receiver but it's conceivable that it may be screwed or pinned directly to the receiver, eliminating a separate trunion. Simplicity works in your favor with 922r.  CZ has said they submitted a letter to the ATF asking for a definitive parts count on the EVO, but I'm cautiously optimistic that you may be able to get by with a mag follower, mag floor plate, and new muzzle device (which you'll probably need anyway if you intend to run a can on it).
View Quote

Yep.  That's the best case I think.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I have two on pre-order. I was told "Mid-$700's"... I'm assuming that's a total guess at this point but the fact that they'll put an order in as soon as they can is more comforting than waiting around for a store to have it in stock.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Stonecutter6:

View All Quotes

You lucky SOB

You can preorder by contacting Only The Best Firearms (OTB).
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rtran:

View All Quotes

You lucky SOB

Only The Best told me they required a $500 check to hold and if I remember correctly another $500+shipping upon arrival
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By pool_shark:
Only The Best told me they required a $500 check to hold and if I remember correctly another $500+shipping upon arrival
View Quote

That's correct. There are two magazine configurations depending on your state magazine restrictions. 2-10 round or 1-20 round. 30 round will be available seperately.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

What a rip off. I got one for $800 after tax from an lgs.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

View All Quotes

And they'll probably sell every one they can get their hands on at that price...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

It's not THAT bad. They were the first the post anything about preorders anyway.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#37]

It's not THAT bad. They were the first the post anything about preorders anyway.
View All Quotes

No thanks.

$1,000 for a gun with a MSRP of $850 when others have said they got it for less than $800 isn't bad?

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#38]

No thanks.

$1,000 for a gun with a MSRP of $850 when others have said they got it for less than $800 isn't bad?

View All Quotes

No thanks.

The price of "must have now" without shopping around.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#39]
No thanks.

View Quote

I don't think you followed the initial release/preorder of this gun at all or else you would of known OTB was the first to post availability and listed at $995.
For me, I got in line as soon as I could so I got a spot for one and beat any other potential mark up. I wanted to get one for sure and don't mind paying the $150 premium. I am also confident I could sell it for at least what I paid if not more since the initial batch of guns is already gone going by what CZ-USA said on their facebook.
I also took a gamble on being able to SBR it as it's unclear at this point but I'm hoping it will come through and we will be able to form 1 these pistols. I can assure you the demand for these pistols will jump once everyone finds out we can, in fact, SBR them. If not, then you'll see this pistol posted for sale, simple as that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Just put a deposit down on one for 800.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Just put a deposit down on one for 800.
View Quote

$849 plus tax,    cash price where I live.   For $800 OTD I would be jumping on it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Where are y'all finding these for under $1k?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By spunk:
View Quote

Local dealers
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Fine it here...when in stock
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bummey:

Local dealers
View All Quotes

Local dealers

Which is the polite way of telling the rest of the forum "I got mine, y'alls can go pound sand."
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:32:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bummey] [#46]
Originally Posted By nightshade1:

Which is the polite way of telling the rest of the forum "I got mine, y'alls can go pound sand."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nightshade1:

Local dealers

No way, not at all. I'm just saying that you should call up your local gun shops and talk to them about it. Local dealers will be better equipped (and under less stress from the entire internet bombarding their servers) to deal with YOU as a person and neighbor rather than "you" as a nameless faceless credit card number and IP address.

Especially with the first, limited shipment of high demand models.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rtran] [#47]
No way, not at all. I'm just saying that you should call up your local gun shops and talk to them about it. Local dealers will be better equipped (and under less stress from the entire internet bombarding their servers) to deal with YOU as a person and neighbor rather than "you" as a nameless faceless credit card number and IP address.

View Quote

I'm curious on how the distribution of the firearms works. Does CZ import to a CZ-USA then CZ-USA send to dealers or do they go straight to dealers?
Do the dealers place the orders in with CZ-USA or CZ direct?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm curious on how the distribution of the firearms works. Does CZ import to a CZ-USA then CZ-USA send to dealers or do they go straight to dealers?
View All Quotes

As I understand it, CZ-USA is the importer, and most small LGS's buy from distributors, so CZ-USA is likely sending out to distribution, not the local guys.

Unless your an FFL with such huge volume you negotiate all your own accounts direct with the manufacturer, then it may be different.

(Not in the business, so don't crucify me if this is wrong. Just speculating)
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By tifosi:

As I understand it, CZ-USA is the importer, and most small LGS's buy from distributors, so CZ-USA is likely sending out to distribution, not the local guys.

Unless your an FFL with such huge volume you negotiate all your own accounts direct with the manufacturer, then it may be different.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:

Makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#50]
My LGS went to their distributor's website when I asked about the weapon....

And, they ordered 3 of them, right then and there....

ONE for me, and two for the guy's working in the shop!!!!

I'm holding my breath.......
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 4 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top