Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 30 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:
Does anyone know who makes a thread adapter that would work?
View Quote

Scroll to the bottom
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ucf_stang:

Scroll to the bottom
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ucf_stang:
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:
Does anyone know who makes a thread adapter that would work?

Scroll to the bottom

Kool thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Sorry, I think I was the first to message CZ about 922R, they sounded like they hadn't even thought about it and sent their letter a couple days later.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Escotch:
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:
Form 1 approved! Here's to hoping they release the stocks soon.

THIS ^ is what I keep telling all the 922 naysayers. The ATF examiners A: don't give a shit about 922 because YOU are the manufacturer on a Form 1 and B: Just don't give a shit in general about 922..

I think the only reason CZ USA  fired off a letter was because they are covering their ass so that people who use their stocks to make SBRs could get pissed if all of a sudden people do get popped for 922 violations. Which is HIGHLY unlikely. Show me some 922 convictions, just doesn't happen.

Sorry, I think I was the first to message CZ about 922R, they sounded like they hadn't even thought about it and sent their letter a couple days later.

SO you're the one to blame!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Newbie.  Have no clue what I'm doing.

Just noticed that none of the pictures I've seen use the long straight grip sleeves by Hogue.  I got one of the first Scorpions and put one on mine and it works outstandingly.

I have PhotoBucket but have no idea how to post a picture here.

Help???
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My "airsoft" magazine couplers arrived today. CZ branded hard plastic packaging and work perfectly. They work much better on the 30 round mags than the 20 round mags but they do work for both.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you have the Sig Brace, how does the extra coupled mag affect the balance?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Goblin308:
Newbie.  Have no clue what I'm doing.

Just noticed that none of the pictures I've seen use the long straight grip sleeves by Hogue.  I got one of the first Scorpions and put one on mine and it works outstandingly.

I have PhotoBucket but have no idea how to post a picture here.

Help???
View Quote

Upload them, then click the {IMG} link on the bottom right.  Past that in a post here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:00:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Goblin308] [#8]

Tried out a Hogue Handall grip sleeve with the straight back like for AK-47 grips.  Hogue #17210.   It works great, gives a non-slip, textured surface with finger grips.  It also adds just enough thickness and padding to move your finger away from that pesky ambi-safety lever.  I ended up sanding that down a bit too but it didn't need to come completely off using this grip sleeve.  The Universal grip sleeve is too curved for the Scorpion grip.  It is a tight fit getting it over the flared end of the Scorpion's grip but once over it fits perfectly.  Let the thing sit in boiling water for 30 seconds or so before getting your tongue just right to put it on.  Very nice and comfy when in position.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#9]

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Olpistolpacker/media/Scorp%20on%20Case%20800x568_zps4k8umndb.jpg.html?o=10

Tried out a Hogue Handall grip sleeve with the straight back like for AK-47 grips.  Hogue #17210.   It works great, gives a non-slip, textured surface with finger grips.  It also adds just enough thickness and padding to move your finger away from that pesky ambi-safety lever.  I ended up sanding that down a bit too but it didn't need to come completely off using this grip sleeve.  The Universal grip sleeve is too curved for the Scorpion grip.  It is a tight fit getting it over the flared end of the Scorpion's grip but once over it fits perfectly.  Let the thing sit in boiling water for 30 seconds or so before getting your tongue just right to put it on.  Very nice and comfy when in position.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:14:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Goblin308] [#10]

Another view of my fun little personal defense pistol.  There are eight 9mm carbines in my collection and this is actually one of the most fun.  On my second trip out I was dinking around with it and used up all but five rounds (without a single failure) and spotted a square piece of steel about 2' X 2' up on a hillside about 125 yards out and said, "What the heck?"  Got it on my 5th and last shot.  With a 7 1/2 inch barrel in 9mm?  Fun stuff and I'm an old geezer with bad eyes.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Somebody made an earlier post about magazine pouches for the Scorpion and I didn't catch whether that was solved.  This is one that is very well made with three pouches that fit any of the gun's mags nicely with efficient adjustments for the size you are putting in it.  Got it on Ebay and there were several available from different suppliers.  Known as the Condor MA37.  I paid under $14.00 with free shipping and I noticed they come in different colors.  Molle compatible.

By the way, my Scorpion came from Gallenson's in Salt Lake City and it was one of the first allotment in the country.  I guess they only got the one and I was in the door by accident mere minutes after they put it in their display case.  Paid $754.00 for it back in January.  Happi Happi Happi
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else having a problem seeing Goblin's pictures?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:05:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bruins:
Anyone else having a problem seeing Goblin's pictures?
View Quote

yep. Can't see nuffin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Since you have the Sig Brace, how does the extra coupled mag affect the balance?
View Quote

It does add a full 30 round mag weight which is quite a bit. Overall, it's not bad. :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#15]
http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Olpistolpacker/media/Triple%20Pouch%202_zpsnj7peqeo.jpg.html

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Olpistolpacker/media/Triple%20Pouch_zpspchymlph.jpg.html

Somebody made an earlier post about magazine pouches for the Scorpion and I didn't catch whether that was solved.  This is one that is very well made with three pouches that fit any of the gun's mags nicely with efficient adjustments for the size you are putting in it.  Got it on Ebay and there were several available from different suppliers.  Known as the Condor MA37.  I paid under $14.00 with free shipping and I noticed they come in different colors.  Molle compatible.

By the way, my Scorpion came from Gallenson's in Salt Lake City and it was one of the first allotment in the country.  I guess they only got the one and I was in the door by accident mere minutes after they put it in their display case.  Paid $754.00 for it back in January.  Happi Happi Happi
View Quote

Here are his pics...

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#16]
need more STOCK action in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#17]
He needs to work on his hotlinking skills a bit...

ETA: I'm too slow...

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rtran:
need more STOCK action in this thread.
View Quote

CZ-USA needs to get on this. There are tons of people with approved form 1s already and no offense to anyone here but the AR stocks and sig braces look like dogshit. My form 1 should clear in a week or two as well, hopefully they can get their shit in a row otherwise I might have to find someone in Europe willing to mail me one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#19]
CZ just posted this reply to my question about stocks on their FB page;

"Justin-
Sadly, no updates at the moment. In the meantime we've been working
with a number of companies here in the US to help facilitate
domestic-made parts. Thanks!"

I went ahead and ordered one of these;

http://riflestocks.com/store/product39.html

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the ACE UL Entry stock w/o the folder, it's nice, but I think I'll like this with a Magpul Fixed Carbine stock a bit more.  I don't need a folder & for less than $30 shipped, you cant beat the Magpul Fixed stock.  I have also looked into the Magpul SL stock, not a big fan of it on this.  Until my Form 1 is approved and I can mount a stock & shoot it, it's all just assumptions.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Has the AGP stock been suggested yet? I was looking at this as a possibility when I get my Evo. http://www.agparms.com/agp-arms-ar-15-folding-stock/
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AggM:
Has the AGP stock been suggested yet? I was looking at this as a possibility when I get my Evo. http://www.agparms.com/agp-arms-ar-15-folding-stock/
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/c3279/products/30/images/120/22lower1wo__89573.1405341637.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View Quote

Would hang down a little awkwardly below the adapter if you use the CZ adapter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Ah, true.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:31:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#24]
If the factory stocks never show up, I'll just grab a chunk of delrin and go to town on a folding adapter
Or aluminum...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#25]
If you didn't already see Doorman's thread on the airsoft EVO and stock, have a look.
It looks like it would be a pretty straightforward adaptation, but I don't want to spend $400 on an airsoft gun just for the stock

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/442401_CZ_Scorpion_EVO_vs_ASG_Scorpion_EVO.html
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#26]
If you didn't already see Doorman's thread on the airsoft EVO and stock, have a look.
It looks like it would be a pretty straightforward adaptation, but I don't want to spend $400 on an airsoft gun just for the stock

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/442401_CZ_Scorpion_EVO_vs_ASG_Scorpion_EVO.html
View Quote

Replace Airsoft gun stock with AR stock adapter; Sell on ebay as "rare" variant... profit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By USGI:

Replace Airsoft gun stock with AR stock adapter; Sell on ebay as "rare" variant... profit.
View All Quotes

Well maybe partial recoup, I don't know about profit
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#28]
New update!

Great News Kuraki!

Your repair has been completed and will ship shortly.

Item:

Serial Number: #####09

Description: OUT OF BATTERY, CASE FAILURE

Work Performed: replacing with serial number #####04

Once your firearm has shipped, you will receive an additional email with tracking information from FedEx within 24hrs.

Best Regards,

CZ-USA
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
you welcome
https://youtu.be/Kc9bdbg0z5M
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
New update!

View All Quotes
New update!

Great News Kuraki!

Item:

Once your firearm has shipped, you will receive an additional email with tracking information from FedEx within 24hrs.

Best Regards,

CZ-USA

NICE!

But I have to ask, what will they do if you manage to kaboom your EVO after you've already SBR'd it?  Will they pay for your new stamp?  Will they replace it with a virgin receiver and engrave your original part number?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jclaypool] [#31]
Originally Posted By toolboxluis00100:
you welcome
https://youtu.be/Kc9bdbg0z5M
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#32]

NICE!

But I have to ask, what will they do if you manage to kaboom your EVO after you've already SBR'd it?  Will they pay for your new stamp?  Will they replace it with a virgin receiver and engrave your original part number?
View All Quotes
New update!

Great News Kuraki!

Item:

Best Regards,

CZ-USA

NICE!

Dunno.  But, I've thought about it.  Like I said earlier when there was a question of whether they'd do anything or I'd be on my own I said I'd mill a billet replacement.  I'm half considering doing that anyway and doing an F1 on my self made receiver.  Also, the SN is on the right side, I think a failure like this will always or at least majority of the time tend to blow out the left side given the lack of support in the bolt from the ejector cut.  So replacing the left side wouldn't be replacing the SN# receiver.  Ultimately that's why I'm considering milling my own and putting the SN on the right like the originals.  What are the chances they'd sell me a left side plate?  Pretty slim I think.  But if I made it, I can make another one.  Also, I would put a safety vent in the left side like you see on some bolt action receiver rings to try and prevent the catastrophic destruction my gun saw.  If you could limit the damage to the left side plate and avoid blowing the FCG housing, it would be a rather simple repair.

It does concern me because there has been zero discussion with CZ about the cause of this (literally I emailed them my description, they said send it in, I sent it in, and posted the 2 automated emails I've gotten since.  They're just replacing it no questions asked), which I do think is a problem with the way the OOB ignition protection is designed.  The argument that "it can't be the guns fault they've been shooting the full auto versions for years" doesn't hold much water with me.  I don't know anything about how the subgun FCG is designed.  It could be significantly different from the semi-auto version.

So, I think when my new Evo arrives the first thing I'm doing is tearing it down and setting the receiver on the CMM for some measuring.  It'll also give me a chance to look at making myself a better trigger group.  With my own receiver and FCG I think I'd have enough compliance parts regardless of what the ATF eventually determines or what CZ ends up doing for domestic production
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#33]
got mine i remembered an earlier post some one saying they were going to put a minimalist stock.  i might have been a different thread as it was a while back. But here the one off my sbr ar  beiside it. the stock is not mounted to it this not an sbr.  my tirant just sitting there as well thew my eotech on it for the pics it's defiantly to big for this gun
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I really like Eotechs, but it really does kill the Scorpion's visual aesthetics for me. Vain... but true.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I love mine its super accurate, but found a deal on a road bike and selling mine for a down payment.  Check the EE if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I was thinking of getting one anyways, just to have something to shoot in the house....
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnson184] [#37]
I think the gun would best be served with a micro red dot and the irons removed. I'm just a lot faster with a red dot than irons and even if it's a true cowitness, they'd clutter up the red dot's sight picture. Maybe flip ups will have to be added.

May have to cave and get a vertical grip on this gun. Rewatched Colion Noir's automatic Scorpion video and really dug his setup in that one. Any ideas what the BUIS and grip is? Doesn't look factory. I'm sure the factory stock will really help ergos, but a laser on this thing may be perfect!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Finally got my rebate for a Form 1 I dicked up so I'll be submitting a Form 1 for a 9mm can today
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally got my rebate for a Form 1 I dicked up so I'll be submitting a Form 1 for a 9mm can today
View Quote

Form 1 can... you're making your own?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#40]
I think the gun would best be served with a micro red dot and the irons removed. I'm just a lot faster with a red dot than irons and even if it's a true cowitness, they'd clutter up the red dot's sight picture. Maybe flip ups will have to be added.
View Quote

The stock irons are extremely low profile to go with the low comb stock. No one makes flip ups that would be small enough when stowed, but low profile enough when deployed for the factory stock's low comb to provide an adequate sight picture and cheek weld. All flip ups on the market will leave you with a chin weld.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Hit the suppressor forums here. It's cheap and easy. Tons of people do it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone have a trick for removing the barrel nut? I cannot think of a good way to clamp the gun down to really torque on the nut, and CZ acted like I was stupid when I called and asked.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Yeah, this will be my third this year.  Did a little aluminum monocore .22 LR and a Titanium ratchet QD .30 cal with cones so far.  

Here's my 9mm model, cutaway view:

Now it's just waiting on a stamp to make chips.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#44]
After waiting for reviews, reading them, and waiting for parts to be released, I can honestly say that I think I am out on this one.  The SIG MPX looks more appealing, even if it is twice the price.  It's quite disappointing and hopefully CZ gets their shit together so I can get a cheap shooter in the future.

(threading, stock, mags not available, safety, and the kaboom all made me come to this conclusion)
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By itstock:
After waiting for reviews, reading them, and waiting for parts to be released, I can honestly say that I think I am out on this one.  The SIG MPX looks more appealing, even if it is twice the price.  It's quite disappointing and hopefully CZ gets their shit together so I can get a cheap shooter in the future.

(threading, stock, mags not available, safety, and the kaboom all made me come to this conclusion)
View Quote

Is the MPX released yet?   I wanted one, but like you with the Scorpion, gave up on it for many reasons.  I like my Scorpion and sent in a Form 1 already, but when the MPX is available, I'm probably going to get one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USGI] [#46]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:

Is the MPX released yet?   I wanted one, but like you with the Scorpion, gave up on it for many reasons.  I like my Scorpion and sent in a Form 1 already, but when the MPX is available, I'm probably going to get one.
View All Quotes

Is the SIG even out yet?

Will SIG have mags and separate stocks for sale in great numbers in great numbers on day #1?

Have you tried the SIG safety?

Not to mention, SIG fucks up a gun when they have blueprints with 30 years of Swiss Engineering behind the gun.

You expect them to perfect a new gun that uses an unconventional (for PCC) operating system?

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I've had two carbines and a pistol version on order for over three years.

I'm a member of the media and have Sig reps to go to for information and as of January, "they're still a ways out."

It's horrendous for it to take as long as it has.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#48]
A

View Quote

If you don't want one, don't buy one, but lets be honest here CZ has been pretty great with this release and has reliably kept their word. Your complaints are kind of horseshit

Threading: it comes with the same damn threading the mil-spec one has always had, if you don't like it, have it rethreaded. They never promised 1/2x28 on release, it came as advertised

Stock: are you really going to blame a company for bullshit US importation laws that require them to import a firearm in a certain way, they have said they are working on a kit and US produced parts, and its more than easy to use an alternative stock in the mean time. Once again the gun has been sold as advertised.

Mags:  I'm guessing you are also mad at all the ammunition companies too because 22 still gets sold out the minute it becomes available.  Hint: it is a consumer issue

Safety: if you don't like it 10 seconds with a belt sander will solve your problem and they have an ambi delete on the way.  Gun is as advertised.

Kaboom: best one yet, don't use improperly sized reloads and bad things won't happen.

The bottom line is the firearm met the release date, is being sold the EXACT way it was advertised, and comes in at a stellar price point.  Don't be pissed when you buy a Honda civic with the expectations of it being a Ferrari and it doesn't live up your standards.

/end rant
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#49]
^^^ nailed it.

I've been waiting for the MPX for a few years now, but when CZ actually delivered a product to market, I gave up on that unicorn.

To each their own.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#50]
BisonWorld hit the nail on the head!!!

That Kaboom incident shows off more CZ's customer service than anything else. It sure sounds like a reloaded ammo problem to me, no offense to whomever it was that posted it.

But this is my first CZ gun, and I'm quite impressed with everything so far. The only nitpick I had besides what's been stated and will be fixed is the gun's internals came coated with something that took quite a bit of paper towels to wipe off for me to get fireclean onto bare metal.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 30 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top