Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 175 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:

The feedlip cracked and broke off. I had read all the issues so I loaded one mag with 30 rds and let it set. Within a week it was cracked and it broke off completely about a month later. Loaded up another and it's been perfect for months. Both bought in 2015.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
Originally Posted By bdgfate:

What broke?

The feedlip cracked and broke off. I had read all the issues so I loaded one mag with 30 rds and let it set. Within a week it was cracked and it broke off completely about a month later. Loaded up another and it's been perfect for months. Both bought in 2015.
If I'm not mistaken, CZ was replacing those at no cost.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MikefromTX:
I wasn't putting the hate on those who like SBR's, it's just something I've personally never really understood. I can see how they make sense for SS, spetsnaz, etc., who have to go into tight confines and do lots of CQB work, but for the average guy it just seems to me to be something cool that's really not very practical. But that's just me.

The only reason I mention it at all is that I've found 10 times as many review and test videos on youtube about Evo pistols and SBR's than about the carbines, and it made me scratch my head. I'm wanting a 16" carbine myself, and as soon as I can find the dough I'm going to get one. I guess it's supply and demand at work, but I find it amusing you can get an AR or an AK for $400 less than a 9mm PCC.
View Quote

Ya, just economies of scale

From how I understand, a 16" 9mm barrel doesn't really net you any extra velocity and when suppress it, you want shorter to stay subsonic
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand the pistol love either. They're akward and suck to shoot with a brace. The carbine is quite fun, even out to 150-200yds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I wasn't putting the hate on those who like SBR's, it's just something I've personally never really understood. I can see how they make sense for SS, spetsnaz, etc., who have to go into tight confines and do lots of CQB work, but for the average guy it just seems to me to be something cool that's really not very practical. But that's just me.

The only reason I mention it at all is that I've found 10 times as many review and test videos on youtube about Evo pistols and SBR's than about the carbines, and it made me scratch my head. I'm wanting a 16" carbine myself, and as soon as I can find the dough I'm going to get one. I guess it's supply and demand at work, but I find it amusing you can get an AR or an AK for $400 less than a 9mm PCC.
View Quote

I doubt the hallways in my house are any wider than what bin laden had in his compound. Most Americans have some pretty tight quarters somewhere in their home, unless you're in a mansion.

They are more expensive, but 60 years of standardization, MASS production, and tons of competition will make a gun cheap. You think about the work that goes into making an Anderson lower and it's almost ridiculous that you can buy it for under $40. The cheapness of ARs is pretty unique in the gun world though. Buying nothing but ARs gets boring, so I branch out some. They are all range toys anyway, my go to SHTF gun is a tavor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
With the SBR I can eat the 10 ring out of the middle with a 30 round mag as fast as I can pull the trigger. It is a blast suppressed. My daughters LOVE shooting it. It's cool as hell and folds into a backpack. That about covers it for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the carbine with the full intention of making it into an SBR. I have shot it quite a bit with the 16" bbl while I wait for my stamp. Its been lots of fun, but I am really ready to turn it into a SBR.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I am the exact opposite of you as I see no point in 16" barrels on anything. They are too short to squeeze the most velocity out and too long for most things I would carry and use a carbine for. There is a reason so many guns end up at 12" or less in places with no laws. Even the military settled on 14.5".

$200 and a couple sheets of paper aren't the end of the world. I hope that one day those aren't needed but until then I will keep doing them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I love me some short bbls, but it is worth noting that they aren't always better in all calibers and situations. A 6-8" bbl, for example, makes MUCH more sense on a 9mm or 300blk than it does a 556 or 6.5G, or pretty much anything else with a larger case capacity. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't do it, because 'murica, but from a velocity / muzzle flash / local concussion perspective they don't make as much sense. That said, sometimes I like making lots of noise / flames. let freedom ring my friends, the more variety the better, I say!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
There's at least a couple of paddle style mag releases. It's one of the few parts I haven't upgraded yet. I want to be able to weak hand grab/paddle/rip AND use the trigger finger to drop the mag if necessary. Options? GHW? HBI?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
There's at least a couple of paddle style mag releases. It's one of the few parts I haven't upgraded yet. I want to be able to weak hand grab/paddle/rip AND use the trigger finger to drop the mag if necessary. Options? GHW? HBI?
View Quote

Love my GearHead Works paddle mag release
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my duckbill.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

GearHead Works
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone had both the GHW and HBI and prefer one over the other? They appear to be pretty similar EXCEPT:

1. the paddle part of the HBI is angled towards the grip, which looks like it'd give the operator a little better leverage.
2. the paddle part of the GHW one has some horizontal lines/texture machined into it that appear like they might help protect against slippage.

Any other major differences? It's hard to tell from pics on each company's www site, but it looks like the upper part (trigger finger mag release ledge, for lack of a better term) sticks out a little further on the GHW variant. The HBI one appears to follow the contour of the trigger guard...while the GHW one protrudes a little closer to the trigger finger.

Any thoughts on poly vs aluminum?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the HBI duck bill personally, can't go wrong with either material choice, but I prefer the aluminum one by a small margin as it looks a little cleaner and they have red ones now if that's your style.

I find myself actuating the release with my thumb as I strip mags, vs using my index finger, but these are just range toys for me and not defensive firearms.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

16" + 6-8" suppressor is too damn long.  6-8" barrel plus 6-8" suppressor makes for an easier to handle package to include smaller bags that it will fit in.  With a 16" barrel you are stuck with that length without a significant increase in velocity over a 6-8" barrel.

You are right about supply and demand a lot of the PCC are proprietary and don't have tons of market competition like an AR or AK.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Just installed the HBI spring kit and polished all contact/ pivot points. WOW what a difference.

Now I will have get used to this all over again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By leroy24:
Just installed the HBI spring kit and polished all contact/ pivot points. WOW what a difference.

View Quote
This is something I need to do.  I just installed the HBI spring but didn't polish anything,  I've never done that before and don't even know where to start.  What did you use to polish it?

Here is my Scorpion after finally finishing it to make it a legal SBR.  Also making an appearance is my new CZ P-09 sporting an Optimus suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

This is something I need to do.  I just installed the HBI spring but didn't polish anything,  I've never done that before and don't even know where to start.  What did you use to polish it?

Here is my Scorpion after finally finishing it to make it a legal SBR.  Also making an appearance is my new CZ P-09 sporting an Optimus suppressor.
http://i.imgur.com/ghpHJXY.jpg
View Quote
You probally don't need to polish it, however because these springs are lighter some have experienced issues with the trigger resetting. If you polish the faces on the trigger it solves the issue. HBI will also give you slightly heavier springs if you have the issue.

Polishing does make the trigger a little nicer.

I have the HBI springs and polished sears. It is actually not a bad trigger after doing all that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leroy24] [#19]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

http://i.imgur.com/ghpHJXY.jpg
View Quote
Where the disconnector and sear engage the hammer, firing pin disconnect, and around all pin holes.

Just look for any wear marks when the trigger group is disassembled and polish that area

ETA: dremel
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]
On the 1/2-28 threaded pistols, any issue seating a GM-9 suppressor w/ the stock CZ setup? 
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sending mine out tomorrow to be chopped and re-threaded by Class 3 machining company. I'm going with a "k" config. Surprisingly enough I built a form 1 can but don't really have anything to test it one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By leroy24:

View Quote
I also installed HBI springs in my Evo today. What a huge PITA it was to drill the welded trigger housing screw out! Probably should have done some polishing while the bitch was apart, but it's still a tremendous improvement. Can't wait to get out and shoot it again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evile] [#23]
Got my carbine in yesterday going out tomorrow to shoot. Pulled some spare mlok panels out of the parts bin and put on, these were extremely hard to put on BTW. Also got an mlok light mount added. Holosun 503c on top

Manticor safety and charging handle on order. Just came in

Whole thing fits perfectly in my larue case

Eta.. No world trigger pack in mine

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
I bought the Yeti Works one. I like it.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyName1sMud] [#25]
Anyone care to let me borrow their barrel nut remover? I need to go ahead and bust mine loose to get ready to install my carbine handguard. Can for it should be out of jail soon.

I'll pay shipping to me and back to you!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MyName1sMud:

I bought the Yeti Works one. I like it.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hz677k.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2wqwcc5.jpg
View Quote
Holy shit that's huge
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Can someone give me cliff notes on Mags.
I bought a Evo carbine yesterday and need some 30rd mags.
 Are the factory ones from CZ custom the most up to date? Also what is the aftermarket like.
Right now Im just looking at factory style no UZI adapters etc yet
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#28]
Originally Posted By mc556:
Can someone give me cliff notes on Mags.
I bought a Evo carbine yesterday and need some 30rd mags.
Are the factory ones from CZ custom the most up to date? Also what is the aftermarket like.
Right now Im just looking at factory style no UZI adapters etc yet
View Quote
sure:

1. Mags ordered from CZ directly will be the newest gen with the more-supported feedlips, these mags at good to go. As a side note: the CZ www site does have sales from time to time, so if $ is an issue it pays to wait for a major holiday sometimes.

2. The only alternative that is even on the horizon is the Manticore/Prepper 32 rnd mags. I'm testing them. Watch for my upcoming review to be posted soon...

3. The 3d printed Uzi mag adapters are pretty flimsy. I got them and have minimal confidence regarding their durability. An injection-molded version of the exact same product would actually be pretty fantastic, and possibly the best option for the platform, but I spoke with the guy making these and he says he's not a big enough biz to even really consider that option. I'm going to recommend, to him, that he try to find one of the small/midsize companies that DOES do IM to see if he can't license out the design or something. They are a really simple part...it's not like he needs lots of R&D at this point, and he has a functional 3d printed product. I'm not a IM guru, and I know making molds can be spendy, but this part is so simple and already 100% designed...so I doubt it would cost toooo much to get IM ones made. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#29]
Anyone care to let me borrow their barrel nut remover? I need to go ahead and bust mine loose to get ready to install my carbine handguard. Can for it should be out of jail soon.

I'll pay shipping to me and back to you!
View Quote
nvm..read that you are installing the carbine length guard.  If you just removing the pistol length guard for now all you need is a 20mm crowsfoot and a ratchet.  That is all I used on mine to disassemble it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#30]
The Manticore/PGS mags are available.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
The Manticore/PGS mags are available.
View Quote
cant wait to get mine in. i was just checking this morning if they were in stock yet. sitting here watching tv when the email came in. got 5 coming my way!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like they started out with around 1800 tinted mags lets see how quick they sell out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought some of the PGS/Manticore mags as well. Can't wait to try them out
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Count me in for three.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#36]
They should sell 1800 easy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Neomonk I love our po9  that's sexy. I'm in the market for a full size 9mm with threaded barrel. Glock 34,17,or maybe CZP09 not sure which Togo with my scorpion yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:25:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#38]
My order is in for Manticore Mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Manticore / Prepper mag review posted...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/476163_Review--Manticore---Prepper-32-rnd-CZ-Scorpion-Magazines.html

it's not 100% completed yet, still have some more pics to post, but it's about 80% done and should answer some questions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:56:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:

nvm..read that you are installing the carbine length guard.  If you just removing the pistol length guard for now all you need is a 20mm crowsfoot and a ratchet.  That is all I used on mine to disassemble it.
View Quote
I've got to get the pistol length one off first! crowsfoot? is that another word for an open ended wrench?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#41]

I've got to get the pistol length one off first! crowsfoot? is that another word for an open ended wrench?

Here is a picture of the one I used.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Manticore / Prepper mag review posted...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/476163_Review--Manticore---Prepper-32-rnd-CZ-Scorpion-Magazines.html

it's not 100% completed yet, still have some more pics to post, but it's about 80% done and should answer some questions.
View Quote
I shouldn't do this since I haven't placed an order yet, but Manticore's smoke tint mag is now in stock at prepper gunshop!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Just ordered 2 this morning
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally got around to taking a picture at the range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Hat tip to HB Industries.  I ordered a new handguard on Thursday. It was in the mail at my shop on Saturday.  Got it installed and ran the gun in a match this afternoon.  Great upgrade to the gun.

Now, pretty please, release an aluminum handguard friendly charging handle that I'll bet you've been working on. 

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
Hat tip to HB Industries.  I ordered a new handguard on Thursday. It was in the mail at my shop on Saturday.  Got it installed and ran the gun in a match this afternoon.  Great upgrade to the gun.

Now, pretty please, release an aluminum handguard friendly charging handle that I'll bet you've been working on. 

Thanks,
View Quote
I've "heard" the polymer charging handles are soon to be released...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Got bored last night and made a cheap one point sling for mine.

Currently debating between a bushnell trs-25 or a primary arms micro dot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Pistol for $679 here
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By akuser-47:
Neomonk I love our po9  that's sexy. I'm in the market for a full size 9mm with threaded barrel. Glock 34,17,or maybe CZP09 not sure which Togo with my scorpion yet.
View Quote
I love the P-09 so far but I haven't shot it yet.  It feels good in the hand and the trigger doesn't feel bad at all.  I hope to shoot it in the next week or two.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks!
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 175 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top