Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 105 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:18:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Most  likely they did not want to modify the mold.

Of course, who knows, maybe the 2016 version of the Scorpion will have the picaitnny removed and M-LOK slots on it.  Just because they haven't shown it/announced it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It would appear that CZ is listening to what consumers want, so I wouldn't put it out of the real of possibility.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

Man I hope they release that carbine forend for those that have the pistol/registered sbr. Would be perfect. I am surprised the tan pistol version kept the quad rail as opposed to mlok

Most  likely they did not want to modify the mold.

Of course, who knows, maybe the 2016 version of the Scorpion will have the picaitnny removed and M-LOK slots on it.  Just because they haven't shown it/announced it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It would appear that CZ is listening to what consumers want, so I wouldn't put it out of the real of possibility.
CZ is what we all wish FN or HK could have been

Seriously though, I'm in for at least one, possibly two of the carbine's.  Would rather have the longer fore end and shrouded suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder how hard would it be to remove the silly fake suppressor to SBR the thing and put a real can on it......
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By robertmegar:
Wonder how hard would it be to remove the silly fake suppressor to SBR the thing and put a real can on it......
View Quote

It would be trivial for a competent gunsmith.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:18:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cubanb] [#5]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By robertmegar:

It would be trivial for a competent gunsmith.
View Quote

I think this is truly going to be the best route to buy this gun depending on price of course
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
My Form for the Cz came in today. So proof as far as I'm concerned that there was never a real delay.

They billed my credit card October 8th a week after receiving my individual Form1, and approval Was November 20th.

Haven't seen approval times like that in many years.

Everyone else, keep filing those E-FORMS So my approvals take less than 6 weeks !!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:
My Form for the Cz came in today. So proof as far as I'm concerned that there was never a real delay.

They billed my credit card October 8th a week after receiving my individual Form1, and approval Was November 20th.

Everyone else, keep filing those E-FORMS So my approvals take less than 6 weeks !!!
View Quote

I have had no luck with paper forms, each taking exactly 9 months. And there is no consistency to my forms ranging from 13 days to 5 months. I'm beginning to think its me
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Midas_touch:
I have had no luck with paper forms, each taking exactly 9 months. And there is no consistency to my forms ranging from 13 days to 5 months. I'm beginning to think its me
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Midas_touch:

It could be they hate you...

But mine came in just under 6 weeks.  Thats real fast.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I suppose it all depends on how the faux suppressor is attached. Is it a short barrel that's threaded with the fake suppressor pinned on it or is it a 16" barrel threaded at the end and the fake suppressor sleeves over the barrel and threads on to the end of the barrel?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:52:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#10]
Originally Posted By Engineer:

I suppose it all depends on how the faux suppressor is attached. Is it a short barrel that's threaded with the fake suppressor pinned on it or is it a 16" barrel threaded at the end and the fake suppressor sleeves over the barrel and threads on to the end of the barrel?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer:

I'm guessing it would be the latter. All the barrels would be the same 16" length... which means cheaper production and less work with no pinning involved.

I have a faux can on my Saiga and it sleeves over the 19" barrel.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm trying to take advantage of the 15% off code on mags from the CZ Store.  I know they limit you to four mags, but is that just "per order", or will they let me place two back to back orders?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShootersElement] [#13]
Some more pictures of the new CZ Scorpion Trigger! Production parts should be coming in about two weeks.

#TeamEverest

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#14]
What do the 922r Kits sell for minus the stock? anyone have an idea?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By DoorMan1911:

What do the 922r Kits sell for minus the stock? anyone have an idea?
View Quote
I think people were selling them for $50 shipped

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Gear Head Works Paddle Release

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#17]

Is it a trigger/hammer set? Does it do anything for the trigger pull or just the shape of the trigger?

Also in these pics the grip color looks a lot closer to the gun color. Has anything changed, or is it just the lighting?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#18]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
Is it a trigger/hammer set? Does it do anything for the trigger pull or just the shape of the trigger?
View Quote

It only affects the shape and feel of the trigger bow. The "trigger" is a two piece assembly made up of the body/sear, and the trigger bow which is attached to the body/sear by roll pin.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buffman_LT1] [#19]
Anyone want to donate a Pre 2/15 magazine for a drop test? I did a drop test on a mag that was produced 5/15, and I think these results quite surpirsed me :D

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Anyone want to donate a Pre 2/15 magazine for a drop test? I did a drop test on a mag that was produced 5/15, and I think these results quite surpirsed me :D

https://youtu.be/tKHUPklO2wM

View Quote

Well shit, that's good to know.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Received my stamp today and it is finally time to throw the stock on and hit the range.  I applied on July 25th so it took just over 4 months
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#22]
Great testing buff makes me feel better
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a Gemtech GM-9 that I would like to mount on my Scorpion. I bought the GM9-CZ but I can't figure out how to attach it to my GM-9. What am I missing?

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Zeoclang:

I have a Gemtech GM-9 that I would like to mount on my Scorpion. I bought the GM9-CZ but I can't figure out how to attach it to my GM-9. What am I missing?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Zeoclang/Gemtech%20GM-9%20Thread%20Adapter.jpg
View Quote

Unscrew the booster assembly that has the dimples?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dustrod:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dustrod:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Zeoclang/Gemtech%20GM-9%20Thread%20Adapter.jpg

Yep, entire booster assembly needs to be replaced with the fixed mount.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: r-2-k-b-a] [#26]

View Quote

Oh you are the reason they are out of stock ?  

Yeah take that LID off, as was said.  Unscrew the whole thing.

Then screw on the new adapter to the back of the suppressor body.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeoclang] [#27]

http://i.imgur.com/CNTEp.jpg

View All Quotes

I originally thought I had to unscrew the LID but I began to second guess myself when it wouldn't budge by hand. I couldn't get it to loosen up even with vice grips. There is a small screw on the inside that looks like it could be removed by a hex key but none of mine are small enough to fit. Does the screw need to be removed?

If you are still looking for the GM9-CZ I bought mine form K-Var which still has them in stock.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/GEM-GM9-CZ-SCORPION-ADAPTER.html
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:09:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: r-2-k-b-a] [#28]

I originally thought I had to unscrew the LID but I began to second guess myself when it wouldn't budge by hand. I couldn't get it to loosen up even with vice grips. There is a small screw on the inside that looks like it could be removed by a hex key but none of mine are small enough to fit. Does the screw need to be removed?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Zeoclang/GM-9_LID.jpg
If you are still looking for the GM9-CZ I bought mine form K-Var which still has them in stock.

View All Quotes

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Zeoclang/GM-9_LID.jpg

..........  I wasnt aware the newer GM9  worked any different than the MM9 I have.  If its stuck you might wanna call gemtech.....

The kvar site shows the 1/2x28 adapter on its site.  Odd.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I got the CZ Customs thread adapter for my form 1 can, but now the adapter is on my can so tight it wont effing come off. Im sure I could get it off with a wrench, but it doesn't have any flats for a tool, its just round and smooth. I guess its good to know my can isnt going to back off but jeeze I want to use this can on multiple different guns. Maybe its a sign to file a few more form 1s.....
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#30]

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Zeoclang/media/GM-9_LID.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Zeoclang/GM-9_LID.jpg</a>

View Quote

I believe that screw is the index point for the booster.  It's what keeps the suppressor from spinning freely around the piston.  You can also pull the can away from the muzzle and twist it to change the index and therefore the point of impact.  The booster may have rockset on it, if so you'll need to soak it in water to break the rockset down.  Then the booster should come off freely.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hking:
I got the CZ Customs thread adapter for my form 1 can, but now the adapter is on my can so tight it wont effing come off. Im sure I could get it off with a wrench, but it doesn't have any flats for a tool, its just round and smooth. I guess its good to know my can isnt going to back off but jeeze I want to use this can on multiple different guns. Maybe its a sign to file a few more form 1s.....
View Quote

Shoot it a bit to warm up the can, don't get it too hot to handle, and then try to gently screw it off.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#32]

Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:
Shoot it a bit to warm up the can, don't get it too hot to handle, and then try to gently screw it off.
View All Quotes

The videos that gem-tech has out on YouTube, states to soke them in auto transmission fluid and mineral spirits. Sounds like Ed Red formula.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FiremanFrank:

Received my stamp today and it is finally time to throw the stock on and hit the range.  I applied on July 25th so it took just over 4 months
View Quote

Individual or Trust? Paper or e-file?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
922r kits show in stock on shop cz usa website, just got my order placed with confirmation.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#35]
10 available right now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DigDug:
10 available right now.
View Quote

Said 10 before I ordered, and didn't drop to 9 after, so not sure how up to the minute accurate that is
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Once you get it removed, may want to use a little copper based anti-seize lube. That's what I do after contacting Silencerco on what they recommend.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By KSUJedi:

Said 10 before I ordered, and didn't drop to 9 after, so not sure how up to the minute accurate that is
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KSUJedi:
Originally Posted By DigDug:
10 available right now.

Well, so much for real time inventory!!!  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone hear if just the US Made mag parts will be available outside the Kit?  I have my kit, bit want a bunch of the mag parts so I don't haev to worry about which mags to grab.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: explainyourface] [#40]
~9 922 kits w/ stock at cz webstore right now

ETA looks like you all are on it
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:
Anyone hear if just the US Made mag parts will be available outside the Kit?  I have my kit, bit want a bunch of the mag parts so I don't haev to worry about which mags to grab.
View Quote

CZ has stated they will sell US-made parts separately on their web store but only when they have enough of a surplus to be able to separate those parts from the stock kit which is in extreme demand right now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#42]

CZ has stated they will sell US-made parts separately on their web store but only when they have enough of a surplus to be able to separate those parts from the stock kit which is in extreme demand right now.
View All Quotes

Thx, I missed that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Yeti is selling them now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FiremanFrank:

E-file.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
The safety is a pain in the hand. Have to readjust your grip. But the function and accuracy were fine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By agriebel:

View All Quotes

Not to be cheap, but $31 for parts on a $20 mag is hard to justify when I have 2 mags taken care of now.  I'm going to wait for CZ to release them, hopefully they'll get a lot of them soon.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Yeti Wurks' prices are unacceptably high. I understand why, but that does not mean I am willing to pay them or will ever recommend his products to others.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Yeti Wurks' prices are unacceptably high. I understand why, but that does not mean I am willing to pay them or will ever recommend his products to others.
View All Quotes

I'm very happy to see that we have options regardless.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#49]
Originally Posted By CZ USA Facebook Page
In case your Thanksgiving food coma had some staying power, or you just live under a rock, did you see our Thanksgiving Day release of the Scorpion Carbines?

For all you Scorpion SBR owners, this forend will be available to swap on in place of the pistol forend to help hide a can up to 1.38" without interfering with the M-LOK attachment points (bigger cans can fit with lower-profile M-LOK nuts like used on many official Magpul accessories).
View Quote

Good news regarding the new forend!

... and just a FYI but the Octane 9 is 1.37".  

Octane 45 is 1.375".

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Are there any detailed photos comparing the US made trigger parts with the factory pieces?  Yes, I mixed them up on my work bench.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 105 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top