Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEAL6]

Looks like the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 pistol will be hitting stores soon.
And it will be offered with SigBrace as well.

Colin Noir review:
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Worth a $200 investment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
This is going to blow the MPX out of the water.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]
$895...

Sonofa... i'm gonna have to clean the coins out of the couch and carseats
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This thing is so awesome looking.....like something straight out of a futuristic scifi alien blasting movie!

I want to see a breakdown though...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the release date on that? That is very much coming home with me soon hopefully. And totally worth a $200 stamp to SBR that beast. AND $20.00 magazines!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to see one but the fact that it is blowback operated doesn't impress me.  If the MPX is $1500 though I will never buy one so will just have to get over that quibble.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jlficken:
I want to see one but the fact that it is blowback operated doesn't impress me.  If the MPX is $1500 though I will never buy one so will just have to get over that quibble.
View Quote

I'm gonna guess gas operated SMG's never caught on for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cbell77] [#8]
CZ USA says they have them in stock gonna call my dealer tomorrow!

Edit: they do not say they have them in stock but they say on their website that they are out in the USA now so will see.

Edit#2: decided to call because it was not to late. Salesman said they cant get a hold of them yet and mentioned it would probably be a month or 2.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BravoSector1:
Worth a $200 investment.
View Quote

Definitely.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rcbif:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Because the MP5 back in it's prime did its job very well and submachine guns aren't used much anymore so no one saw a need to improve it? That would be my guess.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Bet when it comes out wholesale price will be around 500. Impressive.

needs moar three lug and suppressor
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I doubt we'd see $500;but maybe mass sales of these would drive the Sig MPX and MP5 clones down to reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
group buys??? i wonder if anybody can pull one of those off.. ??

because i would be in like flynn!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes please
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rcbif] [#15]
Just in-case this guns fire resistance was a make-or-break factor when buying this gun, rest assured, you can be engulfed in flames for at-least 30 seconds, and your firearm will still function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWyrzV1LIIo
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Just in-case this guns fire resistance was a make-or-break factor when buying this gun, rest assured, you can be engulfed in flames for at-least 30 seconds, and your firearm will still function.

View Quote

Great that was gonna be my next question. I hate being on fire and not being able to shoot my carbine .
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mjc1677] [#17]
So much for building a 9mm AR.  This will be badass!!!!

But will we be able to get the CZ stock that goes with it to SBR it?  I don't want the damn sig brace or ar15 stock on it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:34:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm sure well be able to get stocks for these  one way or another, form 1 all the way baby!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ThRob:
I'm sure well be able to get stocks for these  one way or another, form 1 all the way baby!
View Quote

I will wait till the stocks are a sure thing and then I will drop the hammer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

This.

At least by the looks of it the OE stock should be a snap on affair once the stamp is received.

Here's a look at the Euro semi auto version: http://www.all4shooters.com/en/articles/pistols/2013/CZ-Scorpion-Evo-S1-Pistol/?p=1
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know what the thread pitch is on the barrel?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#22]
That thing would be badass in a 10mm or 9x23 variant.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#23]
If you were to make a SBR out of one, where does the MFG info get put?  On the plastic, or is there metal to be found?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AR-TRVLR:
If you were to make a SBR out of one, where does the MFG info get put?  On the plastic, or is there metal to be found?
View Quote

Only the serial number is required to be engraved in metal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rcbif] [#25]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

View All Quotes

Never heard of that one. All the Glock SBR owners must be breaking the rules then....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Never heard of that one. All the Glock SBR owners must be breaking the rules then....
View All Quotes

How are they breaking any rules?  The serial number on a Glock is already on a metal plate as required by the ATF.  You don't need a new serial number when you Form 1 an existing firearm, you just reuse the original serial number, model number, caliber, etc.  That leaves you with only the maker and city, state that have to be engraved.  

Required markings for manufactured Title I and all Title II guns are:

Serial Number (must be marked in metal and meet height and depth requirements)
Maker, Manufacturer, or Importer
City and State of Maker,Manufacturer, or Importer
Caliber
Model Name/Number

Makers and Importers do not have to make up new markings if they are already present, they can use whatever the original manufacturer put on there as long as it complies with the law.  Obviously they will have to mark their name and city/state as the manufacturer isn't going to.  If you did happen to live in the same city and state as the original manufacturer or importer of your firearm when you Form 1ed it you wouldn't have to repeat those markings, you'd just have to add your name.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#27]

How are they breaking any rules?  The serial number on a Glock is already on a metal plate as required by the ATF.  You don't need a new serial number when you Form 1 an existing firearm, you just reuse the original serial number, model number, caliber, etc.  That leaves you with only the maker and city, state that have to be engraved.  

Caliber
Model Name/Number

Makers and Importers do not have to make up new markings if they are already present, they can use whatever the original manufacturer put on there as long as it complies with the law.  Obviously they will have to mark their name and city/state as the manufacturer isn't going to.  If you did happen to live in the same city and state as the original manufacturer or importer of your firearm when you Form 1ed it you wouldn't have to repeat those markings, you'd just have to add your name.
View All Quotes

Caliber
Model Name/Number

sorry I kinda wasted your time, as I misread the post I quoted
Gotta wait till after breakfast, then I'm 100% functioning
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cbell77:

Great that was gonna be my next question. I hate being on fire and not being able to shoot my carbine .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cbell77:

You are so right.  I have passed up so many rifles saying, 'yeah, but can I shoot it when I'm on fire?'
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usmc0331tamu00] [#29]
WANT!   WANT!!  WANT!!!

Shut up and take my money.  Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hauslp:
View Quote

Yup. PDs, SOF units, and other professional users are gonna totally skip the MPX in favor of a foreign built novelty PCC with a SIG Brace on it.

Those types of organizations have had the opportunity to buy these guns in their non-neutered form already, and it's gained little adoption. Those same organizations have already put out POs and RFIs to seriously look at adopting the MPX.

I see the civilian market closer to the Berretta Storm or 9mm ARs. It's a cool gun, but I don't see the true market of the MPX being affected by the Evo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Price point is what's going to make this a better seller on the commercial market than the MPX. The way things are going the MPX will still be unobtanium when the Scorpion is released.

Plus speaking for myself I won't give Cohen's bastardized SIG Sauer a penny.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#32]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Yup. PDs, SOF units, and other professional users are gonna totally skip the MPX in favor of a foreign built novelty PCC with a SIG Brace on it.

Those types of organizations have had the opportunity to buy these guns in their non-neutered form already, and it's gained little adoption. Those same organizations have already put out POs and RFIs to seriously look at adopting the MPX.

I see the civilian market closer to the Berretta Storm or 9mm ARs. It's a cool gun, but I don't see the true market of the MPX being affected by the Evo.
View All Quotes

I was really into the MPX until they released the pricing.  The real market for these PCC's (in civilian terms) is for a fun time at the range as the door kickers can already get the non-neutered versions if they want them.  I can have lots of fun with an $800 EVO while there is no chance I will be spending $1500 on an MPX as it would be over $2000 by the time I get the stamp and real stock compared to maybe $1100 for the EVO.  For an AR-15 SBR in a real rifle caliber I can see the cost being justified but not on a 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure it's a given in this thread we are talking about the "civilian pistol version".

The full auto real deal is irrelevant to 95%+ of people on this forum.

So are far as the civilian market goes, the person you quoted is likely right....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#34]
They have a Sig arm brace adapter for this too! Dang. First CZ product that I think is pretty sweet
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#35]
So, does anyone know where we to go to preorder this beauty?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I want foldable stock. I for sure want but would like to make sure I can get a stock for it. The brace thing doesn't interest me much on it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:55:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jerz_subbie] [#37]

I was really into the MPX until they released the pricing.  The real market for these PCC's (in civilian terms) is for a fun time at the range as the door kickers can already get the non-neutered versions if they want them.  I can have lots of fun with an $800 EVO while there is no chance I will be spending $1500 on an MPX as it would be over $2000 by the time I get the stamp and real stock compared to maybe $1100 for the EVO.  For an AR-15 SBR in a real rifle caliber I can see the cost being justified but not on a 9mm.
View All Quotes

Agreed. While the MPX appears to be more highly engineered, no one is doubting CZ quality. So if I can get an Evo3, stock, SBR stamp, and a case of ammo all for less than the MPX alone, I'm betting it'll be a winner. Plus the bastardized look of an MP5 & AR makes the MPX rather unappealing aesthetically, to me.

I'll be grabbing the Evo3 as soon as possible, SBR'ing it, and getting a 9mm can. Talk about one SWEET gun!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Not to mention $20ish mags for the EVO compared to $50ish mags for the MPX.

I wish the EVO wasnt blowback but oh well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Blowback seems like the way to go with 9mm though, even HK dropped the roller delay and went to simple blowback design when they went to the UMP. Additionally, I wonder if the rotating bolt is whats causing the reliability issues with the mpx? Maybe they shoulda went with blowback too...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder if the rotating bolt is whats causing the reliability issues with the mpx? Maybe they shoulda went with blowback too...
View Quote

Ron Williams had problems with factory ammo being too dirty and gumming up the guns when he was working on gas operated 9mm ARs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#41]

Ron Williams had problems with factory ammo being too dirty and gumming up the guns when he was working on gas operated 9mm ARs.
View All Quotes
I wonder if the rotating bolt is whats causing the reliability issues with the mpx? Maybe they shoulda went with blowback too...

Iirc it had more to do with get proper ejection with the light weight bottom heavy casings and a spring loaded ejector. The cases eject much more erratically than happens with heavier centerfire rifle cartridges.

No issues with the rotating bolt, operating system, or cleanliness.

The rotating bolt allows use of much higher pressure ammo. The gas operating system reduces recoil. Watch a blowback gun in FA and the MPX. 2 completely different levels of controllability.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mjc1677:
View Quote

Per FB: "CZ-USA It is a metric 18x1. At the moment SilencerCo is going to make an adapter, we run ours with an Octane 9 can."
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jh1990] [#43]
Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:

Per FB: "CZ-USA It is a metric 18x1. At the moment SilencerCo is going to make an adapter, we run ours with an Octane 9 can."
View All Quotes

Good news!

They also say they are planning on bringing the factory folding stock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Yep.  I want.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's a promo vid with graphical assembly

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I have never seen an 18x1 9mm threaded barrel.  I wonder why they didn't go with the standard 13.5x1 LH?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

http://youtu.be/Y90lvB3mzEI
View Quote

Looking at that, an AR grip adapter should be pretty simple to make.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

http://youtu.be/Y90lvB3mzEI

That was one of my first thoughts as well.  Something thicker and more vertical.  (that's what she said)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By grayparatrooper:
I want foldable stock. I for sure want but would like to make sure I can get a stock for it. The brace thing doesn't interest me much on it.
View Quote

CZ has stated that the stock would be available when you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjc1677] [#50]
Thanks for the info jerz_subbie.

I was looking all over for it. Spoke with my local gun shop and have my name down for one as soon as they get it.

I want to put a 3 lug on the CZ.  So hopefully i can get an adapter.  HINT HINT somebody!!

I will be running my AAC EVO 9 on my CZ EVO 9 when they are released!!

Mike
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 1 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top