Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 3 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty easy... Find the CZ dealers in your area and make some calls...

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sarge1119:
Does anyone know where you can preorder one yet?

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Must not be as easy as you thought.. I called all three CZ dealers listed in the Houston area and none of them knew what I was talking about. Thanks for your help though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Must not be as easy as you thought.. I called all three CZ dealers listed in the Houston area and none of them knew what I was talking about. Thanks for your help though.
View All Quotes

I had the same issue you did... Try going through Lipsey's locator to find someone willing to at least try to contact a rep.  first place I tried to get one through was scheels and the salesperson told me "we don't order that style of gun"

Now I have one on order through a local ffl at dealer cost
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:07:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbntex] [#4]
Originally Posted By goloud:
Re: 922r

Has anyone who SBR'd a Glock had to comply with 922r? I think it's a better comparison. Maybe they arleady have the required US made parts.

Also, since CZ is actively replying on their FB page, can someone ask the 922r question? I don't travel into that hell hole unless absolutely necessary.

View Quote

Are there even more than 10 parts on the 922r list for a Glock in the first place?  

922r specifies you cannot build a gun with more than 10 of the following imported parts. (Yes / No / Maybe in a Glock)

1.Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forging or stampings (Yes)
2 Barrels = Yes
3 Barrel extensions = No
4 Mounting blocks (trunions)  = No
5 Muzzle attachments = No
6 Bolts = No
7 Bolt carriers = Yes*  (assuming this is the slide)  
8 Operating rods  = No
9 Gas pistons = No
10 Trigger housings = Maybe?
11 Triggers = Yes
12 Hammers = No
13 Sears = No
14 Disconnectors = Maybe?
15 Buttstocks = Yes (once you SBR)
16 Pistol grips = Yes
17 Forearms, handguards = No
18 Magazine bodies = Yes
19 Magazine Followers = Yes
20 Magazine Floorplate = Yes

My quick count says there are only 10 maybe 11 total.

A lot of handguns don't have a whole lot of parts that are on the very "AK-Centric" 922r list.

I presume that if the gun in question doesn't even have more than 10 922r parts total than it could be completely of foreign manufacture and still be in compliance with 922r.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point about Glocks, but without looking at the parts breakdown for the CZ I'm counting about 14 for the Evo3. Easy fixes would be an AR grip adapter, us floor plates, flash hider, I think that's about it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#6]
Trigger, hammer, sear, floorplate, flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Give me the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 with a SIG brace, MRDS, and light, and I'd be set.

SBR'ing later I could take or leave.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
So in order to SBR and get the factory stock you would need to fill out the form 1 etc, along with having it engraved? with your name, city, state?!!?!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osborne:
So in order to SBR and get the factory stock you would need to fill out the form 1 etc, along with having it engraved? with your name, city, state?!!?!
View Quote

Yes.
Assuming that 922r isn't an issue.

The name city and state can be in the plastic, the original serial number is in a metal insert, like with a Glock.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]
922r has never really been an issue.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#11]
One other neat thing, looking at the breakdown, it looks like you could order a spare charging handle and run full ambi all the time if you wanted.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
One other neat thing, looking at the breakdown, it looks like you could order a spare charging handle and run full ambi all the time if you wanted.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osborne] [#13]

Yes.

The name city and state can be in the plastic, the original serial number is in a metal insert, like with a Glock.
View All Quotes

Yes.

Okay thanks, how would you go about engraving in the plastic ? I can see engraving in the metal a place to do that shouldn't be that hard to find. Darn this form 1 SBR stuff is ridiculous but I gotta take advantage and not complain, at least I live in a state where I can own one...

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Okay thanks, how would you go about engraving in the plastic ? I can see engraving in the metal a place to do that shouldn't be that hard to find. Darn this form 1 SBR stuff is ridiculous but I gotta take advantage and not complain, at least I live in a state where I can own one...

View All Quotes

Yes.

Plastic just makes it easier.  Local trophy shop should have no issues getting the required depth in plastic whereas they probably will in anodized aluminum or hardened steel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osborne] [#15]
Edit double post
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osborne] [#16]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

Plastic just makes it easier.  Local trophy shop should have no issues getting the required depth in plastic whereas they probably will in anodized aluminum or hardened steel.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

Yes.

Ok, awesome!! This is good to hear....I just wish the gov would take the $200 and leave me be with it lol. Having to send a letter for permission to take across state lines and this engraving is bs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#17]
Ok, awesome!! This is good to hear....I just wish the gov would take the $200 and leave me be with it lol. Having to send a letter for permission to take across state lines and this engraving is bs.
View Quote

You could always buy the SIG brace adapter instead and not have to deal with any of it.

I know, i'm not a huge fan of it either, but necessity is the mother of invention.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#18]

You could always buy the SIG brace adapter instead and not have to deal with any of it.

I know, i'm not a huge fan of it either, but necessity is the mother of invention.
View All Quotes

I thought about that, I just like the thought of having the fully OEM gun. And I've been wanting a SBR for a while.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Am I the only one who would rather have this gun with a 16" barrel and the stock, rather than the pistol form?  Barrel length is already more than 7" long. While lighter, this thing is about the size of a MP-5, it seems like a logical option.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Yeah you're welcome - it certainly is that simple - and I know it was because I did it. If you can't find it in your area, go online, do some legwork and find someone who will be stocking it. Simple.

Or, find the thread on here that lists the Florida vendor (Vito) who is taking $500 deposits. Again, simple.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By nightshade1:
Am I the only one who would rather have this gun with a 16" barrel and the stock, rather than the pistol form?  Barrel length is already more than 7" long. While lighter, this thing is about the size of a MP-5, it seems like a logical option.
View Quote

The problem is that they'd need to design proprietary 10 rd mags incompatible with he standard version. They would also need a receiver incompatible with standard CZ Evo mags.

It's simpler for them to import a pistol version that accepts the Sig brace than make a bastardized version to comply with importation restrictions.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

The problem is that they'd need to design proprietary 10 rd mags incompatible with he standard version. They would also need a receiver incompatible with standard CZ Evo mags.

It's simpler for them to import a pistol version that accepts the Sig brace than make a bastardized version to comply with importation restrictions.
View All Quotes

Or for someone stateside to start making a kit that includes a us-made 16" barrel, us made trigger bits, ect, so that one can convert the pistol into a rifle.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]
922 (r) applies in my understanding.

It is imported as a pistol therefore exempt from import restriction on non-sporting long guns.  On converting to SBR it becomes a long gun with more than 10 specified imported parts.

Same problem I have with my M92 SBR which is a PAP pistol conversion.  Easy enough to make compliance using US mags and a trigger kit, allowing me to use a non-domestic stock.

But, anyway, if it came down to it, I'd pick the x number of parts easiest for me to make myself and make them to have this thing in a compliant SBR.

I would love to be proven wrong by an answer from the BATFE but a number of letters exist that say this will need to be compliant in SBR form.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Any good CZ retailers out there  to keep an eye on for magazines? Being that they are proprietary I REALLY need to stock up when (or before) I pick up my Skorp....I mean Scorpion
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#25]
So, should I buy a Sig  brace in anticipation?

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Or for someone stateside to start making a kit that includes a us-made 16" barrel, us made trigger bits, ect, so that one can convert the pistol into a rifle.
View All Quotes

While I was expecting them to do a 16" carbine, I'm glad they're offering it as a pistol because I want a suppressed PDW. A 16" carbine would mean I'd have to cut down the barrel and hack the handguard.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:

While I was expecting them to do a 16" carbine, I'm glad they're offering it as a pistol because I want a suppressed PDW. A 16" carbine would mean I'd have to cut down the barrel and hack the handguard.
View All Quotes

Actually, if they'd done a 16" carbine, it would have had to be 922(r) compliant to import, and could have retained the same barrel with a "permanent" extension, making SBR conversion quite simple, eliminating any worry about 922R, and allowing the stock to be shipped with the rifle from the get go.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Can someone help me out my local FFL is out of the loop on the pre orders for the evo. He would like the model number and any other info. I searched and only saw the model available for the police. Can any help me out. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#29]
Originally Posted By backwoodsdrifter:
Can someone help me out my local FFL is out of the loop on the pre orders for the evo. He would like the model number and any other info. I searched and only saw the model available for the police. Can any help me out. Thanks
View Quote

CZ SCORPION EVO 3 S1 9MM
Product number: 91350
UPC Code: 806703913506
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks bro
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#31]
just ordered one from me FFL.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#32]
No problem Backwoods.

brich2929... what are they asking on the preorder? I got mine for $760.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]
No problem Backwoods.

View Quote

Nice!

I still haven't heard back from the place I contacted about it
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#34]
No problem Backwoods.

View Quote

$760 total out the door?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:21:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruins] [#35]
Originally Posted By brich2929:
just ordered one from me FFL.
View Quote

What price were you quoted?

Anyone know if they're selling magazines yet? Preorders?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:31:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

$760 total out the door?
View All Quotes
No problem Backwoods.

$760 total out the door?

Plus shipping. Sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
No problem Backwoods.

$760 total out the door?

Shoot me the info too if you don't mind, i don't have a CZ dealer nearby and my dealer can't seem to find it in their distributor system.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Shoot me the info too if you don't mind, i don't have a CZ dealer nearby and my dealer can't seem to find it in their distributor system.
View All Quotes
No problem Backwoods.

$760 total out the door?

+1 please
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

+1 please
View All Quotes
No problem Backwoods.

$760 total out the door?

+1 please

Lacking a CZ dealer within 100 miles from here.  Would love to pre-order.  Let me know on that $760 dealer please.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:32:35 AM EDT
[#41]

+1 please
View All Quotes
No problem Backwoods.

$760 total out the door?

+1 please

Same here, every shop in town I call is being a total %^$^*
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Re: everyone above, here is the message (with her pemission to reprint) I recieved this morning from J&G Sales (AZ) after I asked about others who wish to pre-order from them (they HAD five available - none left):

"...Unfortunately, when it comes to any new manufacture item there are only a limited amount upon first production available for specific dealers (allocation)... After that point, it is up tho the manufacturer as to how many they produce and make available. I would love to help your acquaintances on your forum however I cannot guarantee anything at this point but just those few we have on order now... that is how I would explain the situation to any customer that would call in..."
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#43]
CZusa responded to my FB message, saying that they have submitted an official inquiry on the relevance of 922r when SBRing a Scorpion Evo pistol with a factory stock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#44]
CZusa responded to my FB message, saying that they have submitted an official inquiry on the relevance of 922r when SBRing a Scorpion Evo pistol with a factory stock.
View Quote

holding my breathe.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#45]

holding my breathe.
View All Quotes

holding my breathe.

Same here. My dealer is waiting for me to call and pull the trigger. I told them I will as soon as I hear 922r will not be an issue. No FB for me. Can somebody let me know if they hear anything?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

great thanks!! Keep us updated!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#47]
I wasn't quoted a price. My FFL did some checking with his distributors and reserved one for me. He doesn't know when they'll be in. He said if I found a deal online and didn't buy from him, he'd still do the transfer (of course I already knew that). $760 is a steal IMO.

ETA: It's possible he just set a reminder on his own system that he used to search for new stuff but he had all the info when I called, regarding model number and whatnot. Said I'd get the first one that came through his door.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I need one of those.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I am in for $830 after shipping and transfer.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Re: everyone above, here is the message (with her pemission to reprint) I recieved this morning from J&G Sales (AZ) after I asked about others who wish to pre-order from them (they HAD five available - none left):

"...Unfortunately, when it comes to any new manufacture item there are only a limited amount upon first production available for specific dealers (allocation)... After that point, it is up tho the manufacturer as to how many they produce and make available. I would love to help your acquaintances on your forum however I cannot guarantee anything at this point but just those few we have on order now... that is how I would explain the situation to any customer that would call in..."
View Quote

You lucky SOB

Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 3 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top