Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 184 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Maynard:
5/15 is the date code.

This mag did not see much use as I use 20s normally.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.  If you call them, they will ask you to send them in and they will replace them.  Unfortunately, you will have to pay to ship it to them.  At least that's what I had to do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:
I have both the new style mag and old style Mags that are in various states cracking so I don't believe it is date dependent.
View Quote
It's troubling that this mag integrity issue wasn't encountered (Was it?) & resolved in the earlier part of this firearm's lifecycle, & that it continues to plague it at this stage.

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

It's troubling that this mag integrity issue wasn't encountered (Was it?) & resolved in the earlier part of this firearm's lifecycle, & that it continues to plague it at this stage.

View Quote
The pre '16 mags are known to be suspect.  CZ will replace them (and they're cheap). Just be glad you're not buying gen 1 or gen 2 MPX mags.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

The pre '16 mags are known to be suspect.  CZ will replace them (and they're cheap). Just be glad you're not buying gen 1 or gen 2 MPX mags.
View Quote
I have a gen 2 MPX.... I know the struggle lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Sootch Gun Reviews just did some testing of our PGS Hybrid Scorpion EVO magazines:

https://www.full30.com/video/42ba4b9630c3e385e5b45e72d12ce37e

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I'm buying some already!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#6]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

View Quote
I have two post 16 year magazines with the radius corners that are cracking now.  One has never been shot except to remain loaded as a test and it failed at that.  I do have 15's and 16's that have yet to crack.  I have 15 magazines with various dates on them.

ETA to add the new ones like the old news start to crack from the rear a corner at the bottom of the feed lips.  That is where every one of mine started to crack.  I have been transitioning over to Preppershop magazines now.  Hopefully that will stand up to the abuse.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#7]

View Quote
I believe based on my experience that they are still suffering from the magazine issue.  I wonder if shooting suppressed adds more heat and stress to the magazines? My dates are 3/16 on both the magazines that are post 16 that are cracking.  My other 2 are late 15.  I can't remember the month on those.  I should add that all four are still shooting but it is a matter of time before they break.  I just reloaded one of the 16 magazines and it added another crack which I heard right next to the original crack.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#8]
Sootch Gun Reviews just did some testing of our PGS Hybrid Scorpion EVO magazines:

https://www.full30.com/video/42ba4b9630c3e385e5b45e72d12ce37e

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I've read some comments in at least 1 review about the steel used in your mags experincing oxidation, & would be interested to read any comments or observations on your side.  Would stainless be a possible solution?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]

I wonder if shooting suppressed adds more heat and stress to the magazines?
View Quote
Now that's an interesting point and worthy of testing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would someone put magazines through the dishwasher lol, I've never even thought about doing that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#12]
Not very many, but certainly someone has.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
25% off Scorpion mags. Use code SCORP25

CZ USA
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I just checked some 922r mags I had loaded full for 3 months as a test. Date is 3/16 and all 3 mags are fine but I unloaded them anyway. I'm thinking a few Manticore mags might be worth having to round out an even dozen.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadowstep] [#15]

I've read some comments in at least 1 review about the steel used in your mags experincing oxidation, & would be interested to read any comments or observations on your side.  Would stainless be a possible solution?
View Quote
I have about 2300 rounds through my manticores, I put eezox on the feed lips back on day one and have tossed them down in the wet grass and dirt many o friggin times without re-applying any rust prevention and they still look "as new". Anything steel will rust if not properly cared for, especially spring steel since it's high carbon, but no rust for me as of yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Shadowstep:

I have about 2300 rounds through my manticores, I put eezox on the feed lips back on day one and have tossed them down in the wet grass and dirt many o friggin times without re-applying any rust prevention and they still look "as new". Anything steel will rust if not properly cared for, especially spring steel since it's high carbon, but no rust for me as of yet.
View Quote
Out of those 2300 rounds did you try any 147 grains?  During my carbine class yesterday, I preloaded 147 in a manitcore magazine and it was causing all sorts of stoppages in my gun. I stopped using the magazine until I can take it to the range and try to find out if it will run with other ammo.  115 in my other manitcore seemed to run ok with one stoppage. I didn't have any issues with the factory magazines with 147 or 115 grains all day.

I now have 5 cz magazines that are cracking but functioning.  Use 3 of them during my class to see if they would stop working.  They kept working so I will keep training with them until they break.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#17]

I now have 5 cz magazines that are cracking but functioning.  Use 3 of them during my class to see if they would stop working.  They kept working so I will keep training with them until they break.
View Quote
I'm doing the same with my cracked mags.. They still work just fine after some competitions and classes..
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jefflebowski] [#18]
Has anyone else had an issue with the Manticore bullnose fore end working loose very easily?  I've titghtened all 8 screws, looking for an installation manual (I hate watching videos).

Never mind, found two screws inside the hand guard that weren't tight enough.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:
Has anyone else had an issue with the Manticore bullnose fore end working loose very easily?  I've titghtened all 8 screws, looking for an installation manual (I hate watching videos).

Never mind, found two screws inside the hand guard that weren't tight enough.
View Quote
I discovered my bullnose had walked forward about half an inch last night.

My screws were also loose. If they come loose again I'm rocksetting them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I discovered my bullnose had walked forward about half an inch last night.

My screws were also loose. If they come loose again I'm rocksetting them.
View Quote
How would you get them out to apply it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#22]

How would you get them out to apply it?
View Quote
Well the 8 screws on the sides hold the handguard onto the barrel/trunnion clamp piece. So if you undo those screws you can detach the handguard from the clamp piece and then remove the screws and get the rocksett on there.

I messed up one of the 8 screws that hold the handguard to the clamp piece so they sent me an extra clamp piece and some extra screws so I've taken it apart more than once.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I only have hex bolts for mine, did you get Torx bolts?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't Rocksett anything. My screws that hold the handguard onto the clamp have come loose. I'm going to put Teflon tape on them. The Allen wrench for those is way too small and strips very easy. I would rather size up the screws than try to unfunk  loctite or Rocksett.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I only have hex bolts for mine, did you get Torx bolts?
View Quote
Pretty sure they're just hex
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Pretty sure they're just hex
View Quote
The Manticore handguards use hex, the HBI use torx.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:
I wouldn't Rocksett anything. My screws that hold the handguard onto the clamp have come loose. I'm going to put Teflon tape on them. The Allen wrench for those is way too small and strips very easy. I would rather size up the screws than try to unfunk  loctite or Rocksett.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not talking about those, just the ones that tighten the clamp.

I stripped out my little screws by not having the clamp tightened correctly (which made the screws become unaligned) and manticore had to send me a new one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#28]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

View Quote
How about some better screws, Sven?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Coming along nicely now. Just waiting on the stamp and the Omega 9K.

Shot it a good bit this day, don't like how the magazines stick in the gun and won't drop free. I find that to be interesting.

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]
All 10 of my mags drop free, it's interesting to me that some mags have issues
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:04:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#32]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Your previous statment of "Never mind, found two screws inside the hand guard that weren't tight enough."  leads me to believe that you missed or were missing the full page instruction sheet that goes through how to properly install the forend.

The eight outer screws just hold the forend to the mounting block.  The two inner screws are what clamp the block to the barrel and hold everything in place.  Even if the eight outer screws were loose the forend would not slip forward.

Install per the instructions and everything will stay in place.

If you are missing the instruction sheet send me a PM with your email address and I will email it over to you.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How about some better screws, Sven?
Your previous statment of "Never mind, found two screws inside the hand guard that weren't tight enough."  leads me to believe that you missed or were missing the full page instruction sheet that goes through how to properly install the forend.

The eight outer screws just hold the forend to the mounting block.  The two inner screws are what clamp the block to the barrel and hold everything in place.  Even if the eight outer screws were loose the forend would not slip forward.

Install per the instructions and everything will stay in place.

If you are missing the instruction sheet send me a PM with your email address and I will email it over to you.

Sven
Manticore Arms
I was indeed as I bought the pistol with your part installed but I still hate hex screws.  I need a way to attach a light to the side, I'll be ordering a rail section from you today.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Will this work with the Manticore?

https://www.yetiwurks.com/collections/parts/products/denali-qd-point
View Quote
The manticore handguards have a QD spot about an inch from where that one goes...but that said, I would guess based on the picture of that Denali QD point that it would fit...
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Just use the integrally machined QD pocket on the forend and you can skip an add QD point altogether.  We machine the QD pockets right into the forends so you don't have to spend an additional $20 to $30 to get an aftermarket QD point on the gun.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
That there...awesome and thank you for your patience.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#38]
What light do folks favor for the Evo?  I'm leery of the durability of the Inforce but it seems like a good fit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49684/IMG-0292-250717.JPGTailhook Mod 0, Griffin Armament Optimus on a 3 lug.

oh yea 
View Quote
That Evo really ties the room together.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#40]
What light do folks favor for the Evo?  I'm leery of the durability of the Inforce but it seems like a good fit.
View Quote
Surefire m300 with a cloud defense switch holder inside a haley strategic sbr mount.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand:
Coming along nicely now. Just waiting on the stamp and the Omega 9K.

Shot it a good bit this day, don't like how the magazines stick in the gun and won't drop free. I find that to be interesting.
View Quote
If you do a bit of digging, there's a post with pictures detailing where to lightly file your magazines so they'll drop free.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#42]
So far, mine vastly prefers my plated 124gr reloads to my 147gr coated cast reloads.  Both are at about 1.13 COAL. Both work fine, but the 124s are much more accurate.  I'm watching my aluminum charging handle and its interaction with the aluminum Manticore rail, little bit of wear but I greased it with Lubriplate.  I had to ditch my irons, I couldn't see the target very well when using my red dot zeroed at 30 yards.  I considered a low riser but the red dot is already low, I don't think a riser will allow me to get proper POA/POI.  The Primary Arms advanced micro red dot is extremely impressive, this won't be my last.  I am looking for an HD 9mm load that won't overpenetrate.

This is one of my favorite guns, bar none.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#43]
Standard pressure HST 147s are one of the best HD loads ever made for 9mm, IMO. It's my go-to shtf ammo and great with a silencer too....

As far as lights go, I have a streamlight protac 1L. It's plenty bright enough for 9mm range work and is relatively small, yet long enough to mount sufficiently forward to eliminate barrel shadow. I like it so far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Standard pressure HST 147s are one of the best HD loads ever made for 9mm, IMO. It's my go-to shtf ammo and great with a silencer too....

As far as lights go, I have a streamlight protac 1L. It's plenty bright enough for 9mm range work and is relatively small, yet long enough to mount sufficiently forward to eliminate barrel shadow. I like it so far.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
25% off Scorpion mags. Use code SCORP25

CZ USA
View Quote
Sweet, thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]

That Evo really ties the room together.
View Quote
Lol, I'll get a better pic tomorrow when I'm at the range.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the heads up on the discount on the Mags, ordered 5 tonight. I'd love to get some Mantacore but at $14.95 couldn't pass them up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#48]
At long last, almost done!

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#50]
At long last, almost done!

https://ck5.com/forums/media/cz-scorpion-evo-3.29839/full 
View Quote
That's sick. Do you have photos of a side view?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 184 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top