Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 177 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mzevenb3596:
I have been looking all week for a SBT folding brace for my evo. Anyone have a lead on one you pass along?
View Quote
Same here.  OOS everywhere.  

Good things come to those who wait.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By rcbif:
Made a video for the drop-Free 30-rd. magazine Fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ODhU0nJOA&t=4s
View Quote
Rolling things back a couple weeks here.
My 30 rounders drop free with the charging handle locking the bolt back but not with the bolt catch holding the bolt. No, I haven't yet radiused the rib on the mag. Will that let the mags drop free when the bolt catch is doing its job? Are the rest of you seeing the same thing?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 1811GNR:

My 30 rounders drop free with the charging handle locking the bolt back but not with the bolt catch holding the bolt. No, I haven't yet radiused the rib on the mag. Will that let the mags drop free when the bolt catch is doing its job? Are the rest of you seeing the same thing?
View Quote
A few of my mags drop free, and a few are borderline.

With the bolt catch holding the bolt back, the bolt puts pressure on the bolt catch which has slight play in it's axis and moves forward enough to put pressure on the back of the magazine near the tiny protruding plunger(not sure what it's called) on the back of the magazine. That tiny bit of pressure holds the mag.

Not sure where to go from there. I guess you could lightly file the magazine in that area, or try to bend the metal piece that touches the mag. Probably try the mag first since they are cheaper.

There is also the possibility that if you eliminate that interference, the bolt release will see more force from the bolt suddenly being locked open and create it's own further tolerance on it's axis pin.

Without knowing Largo's design intent, it's hard to say.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1811GNR:

View Quote
I radiused all my mag catches. All my 30-rounders now drop free, whether the bolt is locked to the rear on the bolt catch or charging handle is locked to the rear.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is everybody using to have the barrel on their Scorpion rethreaded?

I have one of the earlier Scorpions with the 18x1 thread pitch and want it redone to 1/2x28 so I can get a suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By camoman33935:

I have one of the earlier Scorpions with the 18x1 thread pitch and want it redone to 1/2x28 so I can get a suppressor for it.
View Quote
Class 3 machining. He's got a thread in the EE services section.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:

Class 3 machining. He's got a thread in the EE services section.
View Quote
Yup
Morgan does top notch work
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By camoman33935:

View Quote
Had Taylor Pickerell do mine. He does excellent work.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyName1sMud] [#9]
I just bought an Adapter for mine that screws into your suppressor.

I guess it depends on what suppressor you go with or already have. I rock the Thompson Machine ISIS-2 on mine.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Muh evo looks funny.
Attachment Attached File

On a serious note is there any coupon codes out there for HBI Industries? I need a handguard.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Yup
Morgan does top notch work
View Quote
x3.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Are any of you guys running the Lage K-stock? I debating on grabbing or the regular Lage stock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Munzy:
Are any of you guys running the Lage K-stock? I debating on grabbing or the regular Lage stock.
View Quote
I haven't seen one on here... but then again i could of easily missed the pictures!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the Lage K and love it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKCRAZZ] [#15]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Muh evo looks funny.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/evo-autism-179710.JPG

On a serious note is there any coupon codes out there for HBI Industries? I need a handguard.
View Quote
I sent them a  message asking and none at this time. Purchased my hbi micro handguards from copper customs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Prepper's has 922r kits - I just ordered mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
no need for 922 kits, every part outside the bbl, bolt, and receiver is getting upgraded anyway!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GLOCKCRAZZ:

I sent them a  message asking and none at this time. Purchased my hbi micro handguards from copper customs.
View Quote
Thanks man, I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep for the past two nights so I was in the perfect mindset for making some "fuck it" decisions. I ordered my handguard and a Magpul VFG.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:36:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XJBaylor] [#19]
My Scorpion as it sits now, awaiting its SBR stamp. Coming soon: Nelson Precision trigger (once in stock), Apex grip, and some sort of brace (as soon as I find something used.)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/keithdbrown/DB2E18E2-FD69-47EF-9BB5-97348405C345_zps8ifnyayt.jpg
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey gents, late to the party here but I finally got a chance to fire my Scorpion pistol.  LOVE it, it's way too much fun to shoot.

Anyways, I have a question for some of the guys who have modded their guns.  I can't seem to take apart the trigger pack.  The screw is in so tight, almost looks like it's welded.  I'm afraid to strip the screw.  Has anyone run into this?  Apologies if I missed the discussion - I've only gone back 6-7 pages and haven't seen anything mentioned.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:
Hey gents, late to the party here but I finally got a chance to fire my Scorpion pistol.  LOVE it, it's way too much fun to shoot.

Anyways, I have a question for some of the guys who have modded their guns.  I can't seem to take apart the trigger pack.  The screw is in so tight, almost looks like it's welded.  I'm afraid to strip the screw.  Has anyone run into this?  Apologies if I missed the discussion - I've only gone back 6-7 pages and haven't seen anything mentioned.  Thanks.
View Quote
Congratulations and enjoy!

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#22]
that's a great video. Really well done. Honestly, it's rare for me to watch a how-to video on youtube and not have 8 questions when it ends....but this one pretty much tells you everything you would ever need to know for this. nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bdgfate] [#23]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
that's a great video. Really well done. Honestly, it's rare for me to watch a how-to video on youtube and not have 8 questions when it ends....but this one pretty much tells you everything you would ever need to know for this. nice.
View Quote
And yet it didn't work for me. The welded blob on my trigger pack nut repelled attempts to get a centered hole.

The real easy way is to drill from the triggerguard side. You will likely have to replace screw anyhow and those can be found at Loews.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rush4theYehO] [#24]
Thanks guys, so it IS welded after all.  

Since I don't have the carbide drill bit HB sells, and they're out of stock anyways - what about this method?  Seems like that screw is f'ed anyways - might as well go out and get replacement screws anyways right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W96Yz39Fz5c
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:
Thanks guys, so it IS welded after all.  

Since I don't have the carbide drill bit HB sells, and they're out of stock anyways - what about this method?  Seems like that screw is f'ed anyways - might as well go out and get replacement screws anyways right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W96Yz39Fz5c
View Quote
There are a couple of threads here that members were good enough to buy the bit, started a list of members that needed the bit and as one used the bit he/she would just send it to the next on the list.

I will see if I can find the threads as they still may be going. If not, Go to Lowe's or HD and buy a carbide tipped bit.
IMO there are far too many CZ owners that have drilled the weld with success here and on czfirearms to use a different method. I have no doubt it would work but, each of mine took 1+- minute to drill using the HBI method.  There are several owners that have used non carbide bits and the only downside was the time it took.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#26]
bdgfate mentioned going through the bottom of the trigger guard and here is a video showing the ease.

CZ Scorpion Welded Trigger Pack Removal for Dummies - Best Method
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HBI] [#27]
Tons of good info in here; we made another video showing how to remove the welded screws by drilling off the head. The carbide drills work really well, but the welders at the CZ-UB factory have really been keeping us on our toes. The earlier Evos had much lighter welds than some of the current packs. As others have said, sometimes the screws come out with no effort at all, but in other cases the collars can actually be welded to the screw AND the sheetmetal trigger housing. So... as others have mentioned, here is another method to keep in mind:

CZ Scorpion Welded Trigger Pack Removal by HBI

Welded Trigger Pack Video
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#28]
nice HBI. Very descriptive / informative!
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:28:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcordell] [#29]
Scorpion-K

Barrel work done by PMM to HBI spec

Cant wait from my Omega 9k to get approved but the Octane 9 will do for now

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Are carbines allowed here?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Need some help with SciCo 45k and the Scorpion.  

I bought the SZ Scorpion adapter and the fixed barrel spacer from SciCo, and now that the can arrived the parts don't seem to fit together.

The adapter doesn't fully seat into the can with the fixed barrel spacer.

There is a cut out in the adapter that looks like the spacer should slip into, but the spacer is too big.  The spring will fit into the cut out though.

Is the fixed barrel spaced needed?  Do I need to reconsider my thoughts on how to attach it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
bdgfate mentioned going through the bottom of the trigger guard and here is a video showing the ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alIM12biJ8k
View Quote
This method worked great for me. Maybe 15-20 seconds of drilling, nice and slow. A light twist and the welded washer sheared off. I bought replacement screws, but didn't even need them, the factory screw was in perfect shape.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
Need some help with SciCo 45k and the Scorpion.  

I bought the SZ Scorpion adapter and the fixed barrel spacer from SciCo, and now that the can arrived the parts don't seem to fit together.

The adapter doesn't fully seat into the can with the fixed barrel spacer.

There is a cut out in the adapter that looks like the spacer should slip into, but the spacer is too big.  The spring will fit into the cut out though.

Is the fixed barrel spaced needed?  Do I need to reconsider my thoughts on how to attach it?
View Quote
You don't need the fixed barrel spacer. Just the Scorpion mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

You don't need the fixed barrel spacer. Just the Scorpion mount.
View Quote
Awesome.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#36]
View Quote
Carbines are welcome to, but you need to bake or bring the cookies you don't get any cookies. lol yum yum Only kidding or am I.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:21:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#37]
Anyone use a HBI handguard and have problems with the charging handle spring? I installed mine and there is literally no tension when its in the handguard.
I may just go back to using the factory one handguard spring.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wildbill990] [#38]
Anyone use a HBI handguard and have problems with the charging handle spring? I installed mine and there is literally no tension when its in the handguard.
I may just go back to using the factory one.
View Quote
If it's the black one I'll buy it off you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:

View Quote
The charging handle spring I meant. Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:

No problem.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
With the HBI replacement spring and "K" handguard my charging handle just rattles around in the channel. It works just fine, but is kind of annoying just banging around loose in the channel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By XJBaylor:
With the HBI replacement spring and "K" handguard my charging handle just rattles around in the channel. It works just fine, but is kind of annoying just banging around loose in the channel.
View All Quotes
This mirrors my experience as well. I lost the factory spring when I installed the HB. The charging handle rattles much more and barely stays in place. Wish I had stuck with the cz spring.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:00:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#43]
Does any one know what type of screw the grip screw is?

Now that I have my own 3d printer, I'm working on my 3d printed Grip again. I would like to get a nut that fits it to test it out before sending it off to Shapeways to print.

Thanks,
Attachment Attached File

Edit: Never mind, found out what it is. It's an M4x30
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#44]
Thanks for the info guys. I went back to the original spring.

I may work on modifying the factory handguard in such a manner that I can work in a K config but that's a project that'll take some time.

But hopefully I'll be able to shoot it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
This mirrors my experience as well. I lost the factory spring when I installed the HB. The charging handle rattles much more and barely stays in place. Wish I had stuck with the cz spring.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:
The reduced weight springs are primarily for all of aluminum aftermarket charging handles out there, if running the factory (polymer) charging handle the standard/factory spring will work fine. Anyone needing replacement factory/standard weight charge handle springs can call/email us and we will send out replacements. Roll pins too if you need them. No charge so long as its within reason (ie: don't ask for 46 springs). These springs are small and tricky and not hard to loose. [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HBI:

The reduced weight springs are primarily for all of aluminum aftermarket charging handles out there, if running the factory (polymer) charging handle the standard/factory spring will work fine. Anyone needing replacement factory/standard weight charge handle springs can call/email us and we will send out replacements. Roll pins too if you need them. No charge so long as its within reason (ie: don't ask for 46 springs). These springs are small and tricky and not hard to loose. [email protected]
View Quote
Wow. that's awesome customer service right there. I dont' require any springs but you guys are awesome.
Thanks for the response!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Wow. that's awesome customer service right there. I dont' require any springs but you guys are awesome.
Thanks for the response!
View Quote
Talking from experiences, they are top notch.  I happy to see them on the forum.

Welcome to ARFCOM HBI.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Can't wait for the extended polymer charging handle from the guys at HBi...hope it releases soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Right on, thank you for the kind words! We are really close to releasing extended polymer charge handles. We would like to post something in this PCC section here shortly, but first need to understand all of the rules/regulations as they apply to vendors/manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HBI:
Right on, thank you for the kind words! We are really close to releasing extended polymer charge handles. We would like to post something in this PCC section here shortly, but first need to understand all of the rules/regulations as they apply to vendors/manufacturers.
View Quote
Any idea when they will be available for purchase? Have any pics of the charging handle?
Price?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 177 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top