Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2014 1:14:52 PM EDT
Anyone in here have a Thureon defense?
the JRCs seem to get a lot of love, but not much for the TD! For the life of me, I can't figure out why! Price?

I have one and love it, wouldn't trade it for any other PCC that we can get in Canada atm. The only thing I dislike is not being able to swap ar style handguards on to it - anyone done this with a round handguard model?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If it wasn't for the bullshit SAFE Act, I would have bought one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#2]
JRC's get more love because you can actually go to a shop and buy one. Once you get it you have an accurate and dependable firearm.

As for the TD....I wanted to like them but I tried for months to actually hold on, let alone buy one, and kept running into a wall. I went to their website and got a dealer list and that didn't help a bit either. The dealers I contacted had no info on the firearms. (Their own listed dealers!) Finally I gave up on them. Went with a JRC and a TNW ASR and have lived happily ever after.

Maybe others had the same experience. Glad you like yours.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of them before this thread.  Looked up their product, and wasn't really impressed--and their website doesn't do anything to dispel any concern about customer support or anything.

I'll stick with my CX4 and continue waiting on my Sub2k.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've read good things on Theuron's quality but have never seen one for sale on the shelf either at a show or in any of my local shops. Closest dealer on Theuron's site is 200 miles from me, so I went with a JRC .45 and never regretted it. Theuron advertises a 10mm carbine which I'm interested in but their basic 10mm carbine is a grand and that doesn't even come with a  quad rail, the 'deluxe' version with a quad rail and magpul furniture & flipups is $1400. I paid $750 for my JRC .45 and their 9mms are easily found for under $700.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read good things on Theuron's quality but have never seen one for sale on the shelf either at a show or in any of my local shops. Closest dealer on Theuron's site is 200 miles from me, so I went with a JRC .45 and never regretted it. Theuron advertises a 10mm carbine which I'm interested in but their basic 10mm carbine is a grand and that doesn't even come with a  quad rail, the 'deluxe' version with a quad rail and magpul furniture & flipups is $1400. I paid $750 for my JRC .45 and their 9mms are easily found for under $700.
View Quote

+1

And that is  the way it is......why JRC trumps TD....available.....affordable.....known quality.  When I buy any firearm I see it as an investment. If its unique and cool that is nice but if only a few are made and no one deals in them...what do I do when I need a spare part? If you really want "unique" and are willing to accept what goes with it then by all means drop your money into whatever you wish. There are some very cool low production firearms out there. But I ask myself...."if its so good why aren't more being sold?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top