Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 10:35:23 PM EDT
So i've had some M9 mags laying around and no plans to buy a pistol to go with them.  I decided to finally try and convert them to work in my Ruger PC9 after I had seen some say they did it.  I couldnt find many posts about how others actually converted them so here's what I did.

Matched up the Ruger PC9 mag and the M9 mag to see where the new hole should go.  Measured and marked it on the M9 mag.  Drilled a 1/4" hole in the M9 mag...and that's it.  I cleaned up the hold a little with a file but it locks up tight in the PC9 and cycles dummy rounds no problem.  It won't hold the bolt open but I can live with that for a few range/plinking mags.  It really was much simpler than I thought it would be.  If I have any problems when I shoot it I'll post them but it seems like everything will be fine.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice job, but no big loss to the M9 world, those look like Checkmate brand magazines

92F/M9 magazines can also be fitted to the Marlin Camp Carbine, just drilling and finishing a new hole on the side.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice job, but no big loss to the M9 world, those look like Checkmate brand magazines

92F/M9 magazines can also be fitted to the Marlin Camp Carbine, just drilling and finishing a new hole on the side.
View Quote

Yeah, i've never paid attention to what brand they are.  Don't know anything about Checkmate mags but judging by your comment they dont have the best rep.  All I know is they worked 100% of the time for me during workups, deployment, and training.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, i've never paid attention to what brand they are.  Don't know anything about Checkmate mags but judging by your comment they dont have the best rep.  All I know is they worked 100% of the time for me during workups, deployment, and training.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have some Checkmate 92 mags in my mix. They have always run 100% in my usage so I can't say anything negative about them.

YMMV however
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Checkmate makes 'factory' 1911 magazines for colt; never had a problem with them. Never tried their 92 mags though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW it works with 96 mags to fit the PC4 as well. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Once you make the mood to the mag can it run in both firearms, or is it a done deal as far as swapping them back and forth from the carbine to the pistol?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no change to the 92 cutouts so they will still work in the Beretta. All I did was drill a hole in the front/center.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top