Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:06 AM EDT
I'd like a PCC that has a folding stock so it's convenient to take to the range.  I also like modern stuff so it appeals to me.

I am wondering if I will like the recoil impulse.
I have tried most PCC in 9mm, 40, and 45ACP (storm, sub 2000, marlin camp, ruger, hi point).  ALL have has what I felt was excess face slap.  I tried many different loads and several different stances.  I sold them all.  Except the Marlin, which was about perfect.

How does the recoil impulse on the Kriss compare to these?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
"different" is a good word for it.

I've shot a suppressed SMG Kriss, and it was more push than slap.
I think my DI .45AR is softer shooting, though.

Handle a Kriss before you buy, the ergos can take some getting used to.

After a few mags, I had a raw spot on my right thumb from the underside of the chassis.  I always use a high grip though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had the CRB and the SDP version of the Kriss Vector, but I have not shot any of the ones you have experience with.  The Vector has very little recoil at all, and it is more of a smooth push than a snap.  The ergonomics are a little different than anything else I have shot.  I do not care for the front grip position around the magwell, but on a CRB you can put a vertical grip on the rail and on the SDP you can put a modified angled grip on the rail.  I would highly recommend the SDP over the CRB now that the Kriss M4 stock adapter is out.  You can put an AR pistol buffer tube and sig brace on it.  Even if you don't have a suppressor yet, the SDP is more practical for home defense than the CRB.  Shouldering the SDP with a sig brace installed is shorter than holding a pistol at normal extended firing position.  You can see the modified magpul AFG and the sig brace on my SDP below:

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have had the CRB and the SDP version of the Kriss Vector, but I have not shot any of the ones you have experience with.  The Vector has very little recoil at all, and it is more of a smooth push than a snap.  The ergonomics are a little different than anything else I have shot.  I do not care for the front grip position around the magwell, but on a CRB you can put a vertical grip on the rail and on the SDP you can put a modified angled grip on the rail.  I would highly recommend the SDP over the CRB now that the Kriss M4 stock adapter is out.  You can put an AR pistol buffer tube and sig brace on it.  Even if you don't have a suppressor yet, the SDP is more practical for home defense than the CRB.  Shouldering the SDP with a sig brace installed is shorter than holding a pistol at normal extended firing position.  You can see the modified magpul AFG and the sig brace on my SDP below:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/PLATOONS8/IMAG1239_1_zpsfc627875.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/PLATOONS8/IMAG1237_1_zps109eb269.jpg
View Quote
That brace looks awesome on that.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought  a Kriss SBR.

I have been shooting it a bunch while its i NFA jail.

Recoil is very mild. Like other posts, more of a push.

It took me a while to get used to the VFG, but you have to use it. If you don't you can activate the mag release.

Suppressed it is a fun, fast PDW. Follow up shots are very quick.

Love the idea of a pistol/sig brace/AFG set up. I wish I would have gone that route when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Now with the SIG brace the stock no longer folds?
Isn't it kind of heavy as a pistol--or can you scrunch up on the brace and use like a buttstock?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now with the SIG brace the stock no longer folds?
Isn't it kind of heavy as a pistol--or can you scrunch up on the brace and use like a buttstock?
View Quote

It does not fold.  There are no regulations on how you fire a pistol or use a sig brace.  In the history of the Sig brace, only 27 people have actually strapped it to their arm.  It fits too good in the pocket of your shoulder!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If it really is that good then I'd try it.  The pistol costs less anyways.

I had an AR pistol with a standard tube and it didn't work well to tuck into the shoulder.  I'm going to have to YouTube it since I don't know anyone with an SDP/brace combo nearby
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had an AR pistol with a standard tube and it didn't work well to tuck into the shoulder.  I'm going to have to YouTube it since I don't know anyone with an SDP/brace combo nearby
View Quote

There are not many of us out there yet.  The Kriss M4 stock adapter just hit the market in the last month or so.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are not many of us out there yet.  The Kriss M4 stock adapter just hit the market in the last month or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can these be found?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kriss-usa.com/defiance/kriss-vector-m4-stock-adaptor

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.....

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been looking into the KRISS carbine vs pistol.  It really doesn't seem like you gain much if anything with a 16" barrel, but does anyone have real world experience?  Similiar accuracy? recoil?  Can the Kriss handle 45 Super loads?  How noisy is the action?  How does it's performance rank as a suppressor host?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I have owned both, but not at the same time so I didn't do a side by side comparison.  There are a few reviews that show the accuracy of the Vectors.  Now that you can put a Sig brace on the SDP it is definately the way to go, but if you don't want to put a Sig brace or suppresser on it you should get a CRB.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#14]
A friend and I rented a KRISS rifle at a gun range earlier this year and I was not particularly impressed.  The recoil was a bit stouter than I anticipated, although that may be due to unreasonable expectations from glowing online and print reviews.  And, with the 16 inch barrel, I can't really find a use for it not already filled by other rifles I own.  I also did not like the stock.

My friend hated it.  She found the folding stock very uncomfortable against her cheek.

Having experienced and said all of that, I am still intrigued by the design.   Seeing the pistol version with the SIG brace, I am now very interested.  That combo eliminates my two main complaints: the uncomfortable folding stock and the long barrel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I had the pistol and the recoil was not bad and accuracy was incredible. If the Sig brace can be used on it, that would be a serious firearm to consider.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the full length rifle version and I like it a lot. Recoil is different from a standard pistol carbine but it's very accurate. I can stay on target easy at sustained fire. The only functional problem I'm having is the mag extension mags. FTF's. There's a fix on Krisstalk that should remedy the problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep looking at this rifle more so because of this rail system now.

Diamondhead
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a Kriss SDP about two years ago. It wasn't bad. It was ok. I got rid of it around two months ago.

I'm not saying the Kriss was not a good gun. It just didn't do much for me. I even had a Sig arm brace on it the last month I had it.

I sold it specifically to buy a Hera Arms Triarii and a Glock 21. I put the Sig brace on it for stabalizing.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/index.php/store/firearms/handguns/heckler-a-koch?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=13

I shoot and have a lot more fun with this than I did with the Kriss.

I put an Aimpoint pro on it. I can take the G21 in and out of it over and over and it always returns to zero.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm taking my Kriss SDP to the range for the first time today.  I'll be filing a Form 1 for it, and installing the side folding stock as soon as the stamp comes in.  

I like the magazine interchangeability with the Glock 21 (which I have a couple of, plus a Glock 30).

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#20]
We added the Sig brace to the SDP and it made a huge difference.

http://248shooter.com/index.php/kriss-sdp-updated-review-with-m4-stock-adapter-and-sig-brace/

We have instruction on how to do it as well since it is not straight forward as with the carbine version.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Have any of you guys tried .45 Super in a Kriss? I emailed the manufacturer about it, but they never got back to me. I wish someone would come out with a kit to convert it to .460, but that's a dream I don't think will ever be realized.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had a Kriss CRB for a year and it's the best .45 acp PCC out there if you have the coin. Mild recoil & accurate. Everyone who's shot mine (guys & gals) like it & says its a lot of fun. Nothing wrong with the standard folding stock but now there's the M4 option albeit not a folder. I added the Diamondhead VRS forearm rail on mine & it gives a longer sight radius for the BUIS, better manner of gripping the front end, & more room on top for an optic.

The only cons are the initial price, & cocking with the charging handle is a bit stiff but mine is getting better with use.

If you like a G21 the Kriss is the best thing out there for a common mag pistol/carbine set-up.

My .02
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#23]
SO...if I buy the Kriss as a pistol, can I then reconfigure it as a rifle?  

I want a carbine version but would play around with a pistol occasionally, but like having the option to swap back and forth.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
SO...if I buy the Kriss as a pistol, can I then reconfigure it as a rifle?  

I want a carbine version but would play around with a pistol occasionally, but like having the option to swap back and forth.
View Quote

Not unless you have the proper NFA paperwork (SBR stamp) from the BATFE.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Is it just me, or have these carbines actually gone up in price $200 since I started this thread and started looking?

Where have you guys been finding them for the best prices?

I would think these would be down in price right now, like most other black rifles.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#26]
6 dealers within 50 miles of the Twin Cities.

MN Dealers

Being a niche toy I don't see them advertised at discounts. I talked my local dealer down $175 when I got mine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
The dealer i use says his cost is $1500.
Then add shipping, tax, xfer.It will be better for me to find one out of state and have it shipped in for a $20 xfer ee.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
There's one on GB for a buy now of $1580. Another for $1650. Cheapest I can see so far. There are a couple of others in bid mode blow those prices.

BTW I think you & I did some business a few years ago for some MSAR parts at the giant walleye in Garrison, when I lived in Duluth.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I love mine I bought a factory SBR. It is still in NFA jail but I shoot it once a week.

If I had to do it again, I would have bought a pistol and Form 1ed it myself. I still may do that if I find a good deal. One sold locally for $1200, I missed out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's one on GB for a buy now of $1580. Another for $1650. Cheapest I can see so far. There are a couple of others in bid mode blow those prices.

BTW I think you & I did some business a few years ago for some MSAR parts at the giant walleye in Garrison, when I lived in Duluth.
View Quote

How long ago was that? I rarely get to Garrison anymore.

In cruising the GB I found a $1500 buy now, but I'm a typical cheap gun owner and want to find a smoking deal!  :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I believe it was the winter of 2010/2011.

$1500 is a pretty good deal for a Kriss IMO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, I ordered one today.  $1514.00 shipped.  Would have been $1470.00 shipped but I decided to use the CC.  Another $20 for Xfer so not too bad at today's prices.

I have never even held one--I hope I like it!!  I'll drop a review in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I remembered something from several years ago and was wondering if it could be verified:  did Magpul help design the grip on this?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]
WOO HOO!!
LOVE IT!!

The grip must have been designed by Magpul as the grip cores fit.
Upon receipt I fondled, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled.  Pretty easy, innovative, and full of coolness.  This gun is really neat.  
I mounted a cheap Magpul VFG, grabbed some old Glock 21 mags, about 150 rounds and headed to the range.  I had 1 FTF with some factory seconds of Federal LC M1911 230 gr ball.  these had big dents from the loader, so I was pretty pleased with the performance.  this was also in my oldest, cruddiest mag.  (50 rds M1911; 50 rds Fed. 165 gr frangible; 50 rds Fed. AE45A).

At first the charging handle was brutal to charge, but now it's getting better.  I like that it folds out of the way.  Mine has the new straight to muzzle faux shroud BUT the all metal Diamondhead sights, which I really like.  The mag release and bolt catch controls work perfectly right handed, but we could use some improvements on these for left handed people.

The toughest thing to remember was that the magazine goes WAY up there, towards the front.  This seems so modern that I kept trying to put the mag in closer to the grip, like on a bullpup.

One thing lacking is extra rails on the sides and QR studs for QR swivels.  Needs to be included or available.  Trying to rig a two point sling has been difficult with my AR-centric sling doo dads.  not really enough space on the bottom front rail for a VFG, sling, and hand--especially when shooting lefty as it requires some hand contortions to reach the left side mounted controls.  I may just have to flip the gun on it's side or something.

Accuracy was OK, not as good as I expected for such a NICE trigger--but really, I was blasting and familiarizing, so was not doing my best to get optimal results at 25 yards.

it does seem long for what it is, as all the barrel is out front, but at least the stock folds.

Best of all:  NO FACE SLAP!!  I really like this gun and it easily met my expectations.  I may sell the Tavor now.  I HIGHLY recommend if you're looking for a modern, unique gun that shoots 45ACP.
EDIT: I have not tried it with the Eotech yet, but it fits and feels about perfect.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Get one of these for the front end. Makes it look a lot better plus gives you some positive options for rails & a longer sight radius on top.

Diamondhead-USA VRS-Kriss

Cheaper on Amazon.

You can put rails on the right side & on the 6 o'clock. Watch out that the rail screws are too long. Got replacements from Diamondhead. The VRS handguard attachment screws are OK.

I put a Magpul AFG2 on the 6 o'clock rail position on mine. Feels much better than a vert grip.

Use Magpul RSA QDs for sling attachments  -one on the back just ahead of the safety & one up front for a sling.

Magpul RSA QD

The closer to the receiver that you hold the charging handle the better it racks & it does get easier with use.

Get some mag extension kits.

Kriss Magazine extension kit

Shop around for the best price. They are spendy, but well worth it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#36]

The closer to the receiver that you hold the charging handle the better it racks & it does get easier with use.
View Quote

I second this.  It makes a huge difference in ease of charging.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like mag extension kits are sold out most places so I'll back order.
Picked up the Magpul Rsa yesterday--my local Cabelas had them marked at 19.99 each.  Got two.  I currently have a GGG sling thing on the front but this looks like it will work a lot better.

Check on the CH.

Unable to find the rail on Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Picked up the Magpul Rsa yesterday--my local Cabelas had them marked at 19.99 each.  Got two.  I currently have a GGG sling thing on the front but this looks like it will work a lot better.

Check on the CH.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure midwayusa has the extensions in stock. At least they did two days ago.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Better get direct from Diamondhead. Really makes it look & feel better.

Quoted:

Check on the CH.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I just ordered some extensions from Midway.  They were $8 more than brownells, but they were available and the cheaper shipping and promo code put them about $5 more each.  Are they difficult to install?

EDIT:  Now I just got bit by the Glock 21 bug.  This carbine NEEDS to have it's companion piece!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Get one of these for the front end. Makes it look a lot better plus gives you some positive options for rails & a longer sight radius on top.

Diamondhead-USA VRS-Kriss

View Quote

+1 on the Diamondhead rail. I have one on my CRB and it takes the front sight out so far that I rarely use my optic. Also, it looks badass. Installation is a little tricky because you have to remove the bottom pic rail by removing a pin and then tapping the rail off.

As an aside, I have an SDP and it's a damn nice package, especially suppressed.  Congrats on your new rifle!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I just ordered my Vector SDP yesterday, got it for $1,560 out the door. Gonna do the e-form 1 as soon as it gets in. Taking my XPS2-0 off my Tavor to put on the Kriss and putting my spare Primary Arms red dot on the Tavor. This will be my first SBR and will be a great host for the Octane 45 I ordered and am waiting on. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Congrats!  I'm starting to think about the SBR thing with mine too.

How much does that diamond head rail weigh?  I have an email out to Dh but no response yet.

EDIT: Diamond head responded and the rail is 13 oz
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just ordered some extensions from Midway.  They were $8 more than brownells, but they were available and the cheaper shipping and promo code put them about $5 more each.  Are they difficult to install?

EDIT:  Now I just got bit by the Glock 21 bug.  This carbine NEEDS to have it's companion piece!
View Quote

Not really if you know how to get the floor plate of the G mags. I use a small C-clamp to slightly squeeze the bottom of the mag bottom in to clear the tabs, then slide the floor plate off. Make sure the extended mag spring goes in the same as the factory mag.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#45]

DH isn't real timely on responses. The rail doesn't weigh much at all.

Quoted:
Congrats!  I'm starting to think about the SBR thing with mine too.

How much does that diamond head rail weigh?  I have an email out to Dh but no response yet
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Today was a great day.....

I got my stamps for my Kriss sbr with Tirant to keep it quiet.

I would love to be at the range all day tomorrow,  but we have a Christmas party to go too
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice! If we can't get things changed here, someday I may move to a suppressor friendly state.  But this thread needs more pics, so show us this beauty.

I got my extenders and they were really easy to install.  I did not put the Glock base plates on, as I don't think you could remove them without destroying the base plate.  has anyone tried?

I think it's neat that the mag sleeves say "designed by MAGPUL".

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
But this thread needs more pics....
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Picked it up from my FFL yesterday. Took it to the range with the Wife and put about 250 flawless rounds through it. Had an absolute blast with it. E-filed my form one as soon as I got home so I hope in about a month it will be complete. One thing about it was it came with Magpul MBUS instead of the usual Diamondhead ones. I don't have much of a problem with that as I already use them on other guns and have the red dot, but I might pick up the Kriss marked ones later, but it's not critical.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#50]
I really like the Kriss Diamondhead sights and feel that for the price of this carbine, and the poor reports of CS, that it should come with higher quality sights.
Magpuls are nice, but the gun needs to come down $50 from Kriss if they're going to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top