Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 2:44:57 PM EDT
I sold my model B IMI a couple years ago and have regretted it ever since.

I am considering a new Vector and they can be had for about what an older Norinco goes for.

How is the quality of the Norinco guns?  I'm leaning towards a Vector but I've never even held a Norinco.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The Norincos are decent quality but the finish is very bad and I've heard some complaints about rough parkerizing on the feed ramp causing feed issues (relatively simple to fix though). The barrel nut is also welded on them so you need to take a dremel to it if you want to change barrels.

The Norinco and Vector guns go for about the same price so unless you're getting a killer deal on one I'd suggest the Vector.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you should get a vector over a norinco. I have an IMI and it has been perfect, no problem at all, so can't comment on vector from first hand experience. But norinco is not known for quality IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in the day, Vector made the best UZI out there and they took care of their customers. Those days are long gone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Here a cheaper option. Not saying it's better then a vector. But for the price I didn't pass it up.
http://www.classicfirearms.com/uc-9-9mm-semi-auto-w-folding-stock
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Vector and love it.  However an original IMI would be awesome to own.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the latest price on the Vectors?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the latest price on the Vectors?
View Quote

$800 - $900
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a NIB Vector Uzi about a year ago. Out of the box, it was doa. The trigger spring was broken and the safety selector was misstamped.  Also had trouble getting top cover off. So tight you had to slam it down hard and it took finish off doing it. In their defense, I sent it back and it was returned in about a month. They fixed everything  and it's been good to go. About 3500 rounds with no issues.  YMMV!

Steve
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up a Vector since I couldn't find a Kel Tec Sub 2K. $800 later with a bunch of mags it was all mine. I did a SBR conversion on it after the paperwork came back.

Ordered the gun directly from Vector. I have seen some of the old Norincos. They looked rough to say the least. How anyone could get one to function is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember back in the early '90's seeing adds in the shotgun news for tranfserable Vector UZI's for $800.00. I should have bought one
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Should have bought all you could.

I recently sold a Norinco 320, and was happy to have the $ instead. I just have no interest in anything UZI now that I have MP5 clones.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a 320, should have kept it. The finish was rough, but after polishing the feed ramp, it ran 100%.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I am in the process of looking a vector for a potential SBR candidate, am I getting a general sense that the quality of current production vectors is less than optimal? Atlantic firearms has a nice carbine package but should I defer the funds for now a maybe save for IMI? Really wanted to do  another form 1 since wait times are down.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I am in the process of looking a vector for a potential SBR candidate, am I getting a general sense that the quality of current production vectors is less than optimal? Atlantic firearms has a nice carbine package but should I defer the funds for now a maybe save for IMI? Really wanted to do  another form 1 since wait times are down.
View Quote

Current Vectors are nice I bought one from Chuck at Kellyenterprises and it runs great.

Give him a shout you will be happy with a Vector.

http://www.kellyenterprises.net/vector-arms-uzi-guns-for-sale.html

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My old Norinco was a POS.

It ran fine but I was lucky if I could keep all the shots on a 12" paper plate at 50 yards.

In contrast, we built an NDS-1948 up here with a Green Mountain barrel that would do 2"-3" at that distance.
View Quote

Hey, I have one of those.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Vector this last spring, and despite having a few other PCC's (Coharie CA89, MK760, Kahr 1927A1), the Vector seems to be the one I've been taking to the range most ever since. I think this is more because it's "new", it runs, and runs, and runs, and mags are stupid cheap then any inherent superiority to the others. The MP5 clone has the best ergos and accuracy, the MK760 is the lightest and most Omegamanish, the Kahr is the heaviest and most expensive to feed, but the Uzi, well, it goes "pew pew pew" all day long. I used to have an IMI Model A, and the Vector is a nice alternative considering the price difference these days. Waiting for Washington state to get it's new SBR law Form 1 friendly and the whole gang are going SBR.
One other neat thing about the UZI, parts are CHEAP. I bought a spare top cover and put a rail on it for a Vortex SPARC I had lying around, and that easy mod was enough to really bring the UZI into the 21st Century.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a Norinco before I knew any better and regretted it. Parts didn't fit as tight and some parts were not interchangeable with real uzi parts, due to manufacturing tolerances. Go with a Vector or save for the real one again. I had a Model A and traded it out years ago,thinking I could get another pretty cheap, but the prices went up and I kick myself as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top