Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 11:22:06 PM EDT
Ok from looking at the video on there website I saw that the barrel has deep flat sides that appear to look like

They would affect cutting the barrel down and 're-threading it. Has anyone done this and what was your

Experience with it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone here has an SBR jrc already, and didn't mention any issues. What flat sides are you referring to? The thread protector has flat cuts on each side but the barrel itself is round all the way along.

I just sent a 45 and 9mm barrel for my JRC off to get cut down so I can tell you how that works out in a couple weeks. :)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The disassembly video on there website shows the barrel has flats like really large flutes starting about 4-5" back from the muzzle running almost to the barrel nut.

They are so deep it looks like they would affect threading the barrel. If you had them on your gun you wouldn't miss them. Maybe they came on earlier models.

I will post a link to the video.

Video
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they came on earlier barrels, and may still be an option, but mine and all the ones I've seen in the past year or so have standard barrels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they came on earlier barrels, and may still be an option, but mine and all the ones I've seen in the past year or so have standard barrels.
View Quote

This!  Mine has a fully round profile.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
They quit using the flat sided barrels some time back if I recall. Got mine last year and its a threaded round barrel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes this an excellent option for sbr
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just pick up a spare new barrel, which is round, BTW, and then have the best of both worlds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top